Glasgow Times

Bad Robot

37 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Is it just me or are the GT trying to put the impression out there that the UB were involved with the graffiti of the war memorial 

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19402809.motherwell-international-brigades-memorial-targeted-fascist-vandals/

I see one slogan says UB 07 but see nowhere that the article attempts to link it to the Union Bears so can't see the issue. The slogan UB 07  is there so it is going to appear in the pictures. Would like to know what it stands for as I am sure it will not be Union Bears. 

37 minutes ago, Brubear said:

I see one slogan says UB 07 but see nowhere that the article attempts to link it to the Union Bears so can't see the issue. The slogan UB 07  is there so it is going to appear in the pictures. Would like to know what it stands for as I am sure it will not be Union Bears. 

It is standing for Union Bears, it won’t be a member though. Most likely a wee guy 

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

Is it just me or are the GT trying to put the impression out there that the UB were involved with the graffiti of the war memorial 

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19402809.motherwell-international-brigades-memorial-targeted-fascist-vandals/

Well the graffiti and pictures suggest it was the union bears. Am I missing something here? I don't imagine it was anyone in the UB of course. The language and pictures clearly paint that picture.

Terms in the article such as "bigots" and "vile" go hand in hand with our support now thanks to the concentrated effort in the media to bastardise our name by media hacks and hatchet men in the higher echelons of Scottish media and government. We've let this happen.

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Well the graffiti and pictures suggest it was the union bears. Am I missing something here? I don't imagine it was anyone in the UB of course. The language and pictures clearly paint that picture.

Terms in the article such as "bigots" and "vile" go hand in hand with our support now thanks to the concentrated effort in the media to bastardise our name by media hacks and hatchet men in the higher echelons of Scottish media and government. We've let this happen.

The reporter knows exactly what he’s doing and they wonder why some have stopped buying this paper 

4 hours ago, Brubear said:

UB 40 cover band.

8 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

Hatchet job 

Monument defaced then splatter the story with random UB/Motherwell graffiti nowhere near the monument ..job done! 

The SS insignia is Motherwells firm the "Saturday Service" 

Amateur hour from GT

I wasn't aware of that, and I am positive a large percentage of their readership wouldn't be aware either. They would just see the ss logo and UB graffiti along with the use of "fascist graffiti" within the article and link the two. 

As you say, job done. 

6 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I wasn't aware of that, and I am positive a large percentage of their readership wouldn't be aware either. They would just see the ss logo and UB graffiti along with the use of "fascist graffiti" within the article and link the two. 

As you say, job done. 

Probably the first casual mob that sprung up after Aberdeen ...they have been around for a while on and off.

4 hours ago, Unionblue said:

They can't have many readers left, its become basically a  not so thinly veiled Sellik fanzine

Had a swatch at it recently.

Absolute dross content & layout.  

Been on a steady decline since Ian Archer left imo.  

As you say, he knows what he's doing but a quick look at his other reports and he also wrote up the tartan army for calling Abdul a dirty orange bastard when they threw him in the fountain so looks like he just goes for sensationalism regardless of who it is.

Wee prick.

20 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

Hatchet job 

Monument defaced then splatter the story with random UB/Motherwell graffiti nowhere near the monument ..job done! 

The SS insignia is Motherwells firm the "Saturday Service" 

Amateur hour from GT

If its a load of right wing graffiti, is it not more likely that the SS stands for something a little bit more obvious?

1 hour ago, mrmojorisin said:

Given its football graffiti probably not

Hmm, not so sure about that...

Given it is graffiti promoting fascism, bigging up Franco, I think it is far more likely for the SS to be referencing the fascist organisation called the SS.

Might be wrong, but I doubt it.