Gerrard on transfers out

RangersMedia

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Tbf we should have probably sold pre CL qualifiers, our hand was much stronger then 

Again though, not a sniff of interest in our guys either that we know of

There was interest in Kamara but nothing more. Kent seems to all be his agent touting him, same with Morelos. But aye, we've not sold mainly because there's been no hard cash on the table so far. Had heard something about Roofe and, tbh, the more I think about the, the more I think he's probably the most likely to sell. He's got the experience in England so isn't seen as much as a gamble as Morelos would and would arguably be more liable to get us a bigger fee up front because of that. 

58 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There was interest in Kamara but nothing more. Kent seems to all be his agent touting him, same with Morelos. But aye, we've not sold mainly because there's been no hard cash on the table so far. Had heard something about Roofe and, tbh, the more I think about the, the more I think he's probably the most likely to sell. He's got the experience in England so isn't seen as much as a gamble as Morelos would and would arguably be more liable to get us a bigger fee up front because of that. 

Roofe for me would be a massive loss, he suits a variety of attacking styles that we can adopt, very fluid up front himself or playing off a striker, to me he's a big part of us winning this league again

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Our business model shouldn't be selling our best players to make up for failures on the pitch. That's an awful business model. 

It shouldn't be spend spend spend to make up for our failures either! 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Completely agree. Gerrard has a title winning squad at his disposal. Time to work with what he has. 

That's it in a nutshell, we have a better squad than last year with the 2 additions, he just needs to ram it home to the players that they need to get their fingers out. 

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Completely agree. Gerrard has a title winning squad at his disposal. Time to work with what he has. 

That's the reality of the situation.

As much as we would all love us to go out and spend 6/7 million in a midfielder or striker, we have a large squad and it does look like any signings are dependant on players leaving for decent fees. 

The players here are capable of winning the league, they need to get out and prove it again. The players in reserve also need to look at the current poor form as an opportunity to stake a place. They play a massive role in giving starting players a kick up the arse.

If we sell some of our better players (assuming anyone wants them) to lower debit, I’m fine with that. We can’t allow the club to get into a financial mess again.  We just have to adapt and the coaching staff have to earn their corn by improving the players who step in to replace those gone.  

We still have a squad that should win the league even with some player losses. I don’t expect it to be a walkover as celtic are making signings and will improve. But we just need coaching staff and players to work harder, improve and be greedy in wanting the league and cups.  

Our sellable assets such as Goldson, Borna, Tav, Kamara, Kent and Morelos would be big losses although I do think we have some decent replacements in the squad. Maybe not exact replacements in quality but certainly ones that can be improved upon.  But we’ve lost quality players before and won leagues and can do so again.

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If we cash in on anyone, we're getting bargain bucket replacements (if any at all) 

While I agree this is probably true from speculation that we've been used to hearing, I'd like to put it out here, what indeed if no offers come in for any of our players then what is the boards plan then? I'm certain this would also have to have been planned for, so if we can afford to keep the squad in that scenario then given the importance of winning the league this season, why then if we were to sell someone, [if we can afford to keep the squad as is] why then do we have to go for a bargain bucket replacement? it would undoubtedly be a big ask of the board but I'm just asking.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If we lose Morelos and don't replace him we're not winning the league this season.

Morelos has been linked with moves for the last 2 years. 

At this point surley a shortlist of players has been drawing up that come be brought in to replace him. 

55 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

While I agree this is probably true from speculation that we've been used to hearing, I'd like to put it out here, what indeed if no offers come in for any of our players then what is the boards plan then? I'm certain this would also have to have been planned for, so if we can afford to keep the squad in that scenario then given the importance of winning the league this season, why then if we were to sell someone, [if we can afford to keep the squad as is] why then do we have to go for a bargain bucket replacement? it would undoubtedly be a big ask of the board but I'm just asking.

I was thinking this on Tuesday night along with how much the players annoyed me for that second half 

The board say we need to either sell players for big profit or qualify for the CL, what if neither happens, 

Funnily enough, a decade ago, myself, along with a few others, had a big debate on here with @TheLawManwho was theweissman as the time iirc, when ally got us dumped out of europe, lawman was predicting a financial disaster unless we sold a lot of profitable players, i dont think anyone heeded his warnings at all "give the board time, they'll sort it, its rangers we'll have backup plans" etc etc

Fast forward 5 months and the world fell out from beneath all of us

Now while admin wont happen again as i doubt the board would allow it, the financial black hole we will face is very real and very fucking big, pre covid it was around 12mill, thats with a europa last 16 run, tarriers out before us so we took the lions share of the tv cash im sure, plus 8 home sellout games

Since then we have increased our wage budget, spent more on players, not took a penny in from sales, and theres no guarantee of the same europa money this season 

The board have a massive decision to make, and make very very soon, either whore our best talents, or cover the potential shortfall themselves again, or at least tell the auditors they'll cover whatever predicted shortfall there will be

3 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If we lose Morelos and don't replace him we're not winning the league this season.

It was actually frightening to see how much we relied on him, the literal glue that holds the team together. No forward planning to ever replace him either. Roofe, Itten and Sakala all have different qualities that Alfie has all by himself, we can’t play all 3 down the middle. 

2 hours ago, BlueVanguard said:

I agree but if we can cash in on our players we need to take it money talks.

We should be prioritising who we can live without and replace easily and who we deem as irreplaceable to an extent. I have my own opinions on who we should be looking to sell first before the likes of Alfie and even Kamara 

8 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

It was actually frightening to see how much we relied on him, the literal glue that holds the team together. No forward planning to ever replace him either. Roofe, Itten and Sakala all have different qualities that Alfie has all by himself, we can’t play all 3 down the middle. 

Yet last season there was times we pished it without him, last season it looked like gerrard and his backroom team changed our style to accomodate morelos not being there, now its like we have completely forgot that and went back to how we play pre covid

10 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

Because we don't have the money to buy replacements and the board have said they are unwilling to fund any more losses. Any transfer fees we get will go to covering losses and only once we cover those will we spend anyything on transfer fees.