Itten

tom1780

Gerrard's style revolved around full backs hurling the ball into the box at every opportunity, if that's not a 6 ft 2 striker who scores most of his goals with his head game I don't know what is

2 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

Gerrard's style revolved around full backs hurling the ball into the box at every opportunity, if that's not a 6 ft 2 striker who scores most of his goals with his head game I don't know what is

Tbf to the guy he hardly ever started and mainly came on as a sub where the majority of the time we had either dropped the pace of the game to a training session or we were running out of ideas and were just hawfing the ball up the park. Id have certainly liked to have seen a bit more of him in terms of starts before he was disgarded. 

8 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

Tbf to the guy he hardly ever started and mainly came on as a sub where the majority of the time we had either dropped the pace of the game to a training session or we were running out of ideas and were just hawfing the ball up the park. Id have certainly liked to have seen a bit more of him in terms of starts before he was disgarded. 

Apart from Poznan he never did anything anytime he started.

31 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Apart from Poznan he never did anything anytime he started.

You could say the same with morelos this season yet he has been afforded chance after chance before eventually being dropped.

It seems some players were allowed a poor performance and keep their place and others not, the guy wasnt given the opportunity to get proper match sharpness. 

11 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

You could say the same with morelos this season yet he has been afforded chance after chance before eventually being dropped.

It seems some players were allowed a poor performance and keep their place and others not, the guy wasnt given the opportunity to get proper match sharpness. 

One of the stupidest comparisons I've ever read.

12 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Morelos that scored the winner against Hibs and St Mirren? The same Morelos that got us into Europe? Or even scored against Malmö?

14 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Fucking hell.

21 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Fuck off :lol:

23 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Fucking hell 😂

12 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

Does itten score most of his goals with his head tho? 

For me to get consistency out of a striker he needs a consistent run in the team. Being in and out is not going to do even the best striker in the world any good. 

I haven't seen enough that convinces me he would be able to hold down a starting place, but to judge him properly he'd need a run of 4/5 games on the bounce to see what's really on offer. 

I remember Amato struggling when he 1st joined and then got a run in the team only to leave like a god by the end of it. 

2 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Does itten score most of his goals with his head tho? 

For me to get consistency out of a striker he needs a consistent run in the team. Being in and out is not going to do even the best striker in the world any good. 

I haven't seen enough that convinces me he would be able to hold down a starting place, but to judge him properly he'd need a run of 4/5 games on the bounce to see what's really on offer. 

I remember Amato struggling when he 1st joined and then got a run in the team only to leave like a god by the end of it. 

Morelos was suspended twice last season and Itten got a chance to come in and he never took it. 

Squad players need to take their chance when it comes and he failed every time, look at Sakala for example, in and out but he took his opportunity.

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

Morelos was suspended twice last season and Itten got a chance to come in and he never took it. 

Squad players need to take their chance when it comes and he failed every time, look at Sakala for example, in and out but he took his opportunity.

Again he only came in for 2 at the most games in a row where ideally any player would need a bit more than that to settle. 

I'm in agreement with you that he might not or isn't good enough but he's never been given a consistent run to gain any consistency. 

Unfortunately at a club our size you need to hit the ground running or it's an uphill struggle to change people's minds. 

1 minute ago, fin8577 said:

I honestly can't believe the people saying he is shite etc.  The lad hasn't actually been given a proper chance.   

He has all the physical attributes and the technical ability to be a fantastic player so maybe if he got a run we would see that. 

Over 40 games he played for us

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Hasn't had a chance :lol: 

Not saying he hasn't had a chance but I think his minutes add up to around 15/16 full games for us. I think he's got 6 goals for us across that period which isn't too bad when you think he was largely played out of position most times he came on.

Itten got one game this season….Malmö away ….after he had a good pre season and had scored goals. last season he was mostly given the odd 10 and 15 minutes at the end of games apart from start of season when played with Roofe where we had good results. 
Now he is playing and scoring for one of the best International teams in Europe. Switzerland could do well in WC and his valuation will shoot up. Let’s get him back in Jan. He offers something different to our other strikers.

Itten got under 1200mins under gerrard last season, in 38 appearances overall he averaged about 30mins an appearance, most were the last 30mins when the games are done, 

Thats absolutely nowhere near a decent enough of a chance