*****The Official Champions vs Alashkert Thread*****

graeme_4

18 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Take the the fans away and we'd canter the league. 

Forget formations etc it's a mentality issue. 

Totally disagree with that mate. 

Thought the crowd stuck with the team, there was a spell 10 minutes before the goal where it felt like we helped them take it up a level and find a bit of belief. 

Not to say there aren't problems, but crowd played a big part tonight - even if the boy next to me left at half time :lol:

First half was a nightmare at times to watch especially Joe Aribo and Tavernier .

Calvin Bassey motm for me immense in his dogged determination to get crosses over ,short passing ,tackling back in defence with well disciplined tackles as well using his sheer body weight to shield the ball the fact he continuously led the LHS line as we looked for a goal The Aribos of this world would do well to watch that lad keep it simple .

He isn't frightened to take players on to get toward that byline what an asset this lad is proving to be his all round game is bang on .

As for the sending off I'd like to see it again as I  don't reckon it was a foul given he had control of the ball the player getting in about him as Lundstram stumbled slightly looked to me to be a nothing coming together the red looked harsh.

If theres one player deserved a goal for the last few weeks it's Alfredo glad we got the goal but performance wise it was a bit disjointed a lot of the time tonight as organised even at 11v11 not enough players are imposing themselves on the game poor passing and some shite crosses from that RHS first half were horrendous .

A lot of work still to do .

48 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Putting the wrong team to start didn't help neither. 

The lads that are putting in the effort should be starting. 

Kent has gone back to the "I will put on a show and play when I decide" attitude. 

Then there's putting on players whom aren't match fit and the list goes on....Wright came on and suddenly the players came alive. Said in another thread, is it coincidence when Kent goes off? 

There's definitely something amiss with the attitudes of some within the ranks. 

Goldson, Tav and Kent sprung to mind as soon as I read that. 

Tav's pre-match Hamilton comments sprung to mind when I typed that. 

They aren't men we need for when the going gets tough. 

11 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Sounds massively pissed off with the first half and rightly so. 

I get the impression he's going through some players and again rightly so. 

That’s as pissed off as I think I have seen him.

Once the suspensions are up in Europe will be interesting to see the team selection, a few players are playing for their future.

19 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Totally disagree with that mate. 

Thought the crowd stuck with the team, there was a spell 10 minutes before the goal where it felt like we helped them take it up a level and find a bit of belief. 

Not to say there aren't problems, but crowd played a big part tonight - even if the boy next to me left at half time :lol:

100% crowd was massively behind the team in the 10 minute period before that goal. Crowd definitely played its part in that tonight 

Just now, Lord Lockin said:

I couldn't believe how easy it was for them ( even with 11 ) to pass the ball round about us - ok never looked dangerous but we couldn't get the ball off them and they're fuckin dross 

The pressure just wasn't there first half. Night and day compared to Malmo first half where we suffocated them. 

16 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

I couldn't believe how easy it was for them ( even with 11 ) to pass the ball round about us - ok never looked dangerous but we couldn't get the ball off them and they're fuckin dross 

That worried me. Short passing triangles making guys on £20,000 a week look like amateurs.

The scums system is ridiculously vulnerable but their short passing will walk round our midfield if that level of commitment is shown next week.

I cannot fucking wait until Kamara and Roofe are back. We need Jack too but fuck knows when he’ll be fit, and I’d love Sakala to get in behind their back line. He looks fucking rapid.

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

:lol:

Fuck up

Fact we are capable of much more than we gave tonight against a piss poor Armenian team. Something seriously off with this team this season so far even pre season we should have beat this team at ibrox by 3 or 4. Going in with a 1 goal advantage is worrying especially the way we are playing.

Sorry though i forgot you are not allowed to voice your true concerns on here without being a taig lover or shitting the bed. 

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

We were never flying a weakened squad next week unless we absolutely drubbed them 6 or 7 tonight

Yes they would have travelled and yes they might have started but some would have least played half a game and rested for the taigs. Now it is going to be a scrappy game away from home and further risk of injury as they where kicking us all over the park tonight

39 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Bassey looked good and think patterson would be the same on the other side.

said to the guy next to me at points they were playing how we should’ve been playing 

13 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Yes they would have travelled and yes they might have started but some would have least played half a game and rested for the taigs. Now it is going to be a scrappy game away from home and further risk of injury as they where kicking us all over the park tonight

The fear was always the length of travel time. The hope was we would send a lesser squad and keep the majority of starters for next weekend here 

Just now, TamCoopz said:

Bassey looked good and think patterson would be the same on the other side.

said to the guy next to me at points they were playing how we should’ve been playing 

It was embarrassing at time how easy they were keeping the ball - that wee fucker at right back was actually show boating at times  

1 minute ago, Lord Lockin said:

It was embarrassing at time how easy they were keeping the ball - that wee fucker at right back was actually show boating at times  

Dunno what’s happened to our press either, as you say just let them pass about without really looking like we were trying to get it off them

17 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Some will still play and some will still play 45-60 mins and you already accepted some will play, so risk of injury is obv there. What a fucking post.

3 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Kent looks a totally different player.. as if something is going on in the background. Lundstram has a very long way to go in order to redeem himself. Im not sure he will get the time to do so, in all honesty. Unforgivable actions to get yourself sent off like that in a very important European game. Fuck knows what is up with Tav as well.. he looks shit scared to do anything and doesnt look half the player from last season. 

tav is not captain material for starters, should be McGregor IMO

Jersey/crowds/pressure still too heavy tav,goldson