***** The Official - Alashkert v The Champions Thread *****

Bears r us

Just now, EMRFC said:

Bedwetters will be proven wrong Sunday, swear some of you masturbate over Kyogo and ‘big’ Ange

More bothered about our performances. They aren't world beaters but are a decent side that attack at all costs. We look terribly unfit, can't string two passes together and go to pieces whenever a team gets through the midfield. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I get really annoyed at the mentality that you are too young and inexperienced (Kelly).  Davis & Arfield were dead on their feet in the second half. The kid wouldn't have done any worse.

Well done Robby McCrorie. Composed when playing the ball out with his feet. He seemed calm in there.

30 degree plus heat tonight and a stick on to play against the filth on Sunday should have meant Davis should not have been anywhere near this game for me......

Controlled large portions of the game, still too pedestrian for too long though. 

Borna had a shocker, Joe Aribo and Glen Kamara played well, but again too many sideways passes. Alfie also needs to buck his ideas up, otherwise he loses his place to Roofe for me. 

I don't think it's the horror show that some are portraying it to be, but we certainly have to start moving through the gears sharpish and start taking our chances.

3 minutes ago, Willis said:

A nervous wait till Sunday it is then. Don't know what's going on behind the scenes but there's something we can't shake and the covid players missing is no excuse cause we were rotten before that

I don’t think the management team know why we were so good last season (they said they didn’t do anything different) and I’m sure they have zero idea why this is happening now.

1 minute ago, Johnsey said:

Feels like there's no trust in the younger players either. Coaching staff rave about them but they only ever get a chance if players are out. Patterson is a little understandable due to the captain being ahead of him but Kelly not even getting on the park tonight is shocking. 

Maybe they felt they had to but holding the ball in the corner against 10 men from Armenia is one of the worst sights I've seen. 

It would have been ridiculous to throw in a young player with little to no appearances for the club, with the game at 0-0 tonight. Too much riding on it.

2 minutes ago, MaddistonKnight said:

I genuinely think I could have played instead of Davis. No drive, no nous, fuck all in fact.

He shouldn’t be playing every game but because Gerrard has overlooked the midfield for years he has to. Hopefully Jack comes back but we are worryingly short in midfield 

2 minutes ago, Swagger said:

It should do but we are a timid, shell of a side. There is zero fight in that squad 

How is that we have been absolutely dug shite so far this season please tell how we are going to be so much better when we were outplayed by a team who are absolutely dug shite , brilliant Kent might be back to pass it sideways then run the opposite way .

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why?

Champions of Armenia, down to 10 men and our players couldn’t have looked less interested. I can understand bad luck or a keeper playing a blinder but that team putting in more effort than we did is not on.

Maybe one eye on the weekend but if you score you can make substitutions and then just manage the game. Doing it at 0-0 and relying on the goal from last week is just not on.

Play anything like this at the weekend and we are in for a rough ride, don’t care how shite their defence is, we look devoid of ideas and fitness.

2 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

This was never about performance. It was getting the result we needed to progress.

Job done. Get on the plane, rested and up for Sunday.

I get that, but when the performance has been shite in every game bar one, then I get worried. This team are capable of far better, but they just arent performing. They are way off.

3 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Aribo apart, the remaining players have to be asked some serious questions about commitment to the club. Some shocking performances tonight and overall an embarrassing aggregate score against a team of no real quality. Tim's must be salivating at thought of playing us.

No real quality hardly describes that mob. They weren’t as good as that and just as well for us.

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

Champions of Armenia, down to 10 men and our players couldn’t have looked less interested. I can understand bad luck or a keeper playing a blinder but that team putting in more effort than we did is not on.

Maybe one eye on the weekend but if you score you can make substitutions and then just manage the game. Doing it at 0-0 and relying on the goal from last week is just not on.

Play anything like this at the weekend and we are in for a rough ride, don’t care how shite their defence is, we look devoid of ideas and fitness.

I never buy this “players looked disinterested” line. They clearly tried. We just have no zip and little quality in our play.

Just now, Willis said:

I think we will. We're pish but they're not any better, they're buying into the Angeball fantasy

yes but they are flying in confidence we are not ive already got us down for a 4 2 win but we will need to be aggressive especially after that display so im going to put down a red card too maybe one for each side

6 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

Bedwetters will be proven wrong Sunday, swear some of you masturbate over Kyogo and ‘big’ Ange

Calling posters bedwetters for calling a spade a spade. We were rank rotten tonight.

If you know anything about football, you cannot predict an OF game. Form goes out the window but there is no doubt we have underperformed all season long and that is a concern.