Will potentially need to be vaccinated to get into Ibrox

RangersMedia

4 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

im actually a bit shocked with your post considering canada itself is in turmoil over similar things

It’s a sensitive subject with a lot of passionate people on both sides of the fence. In my eyes, if it provides a path back to normality then sign me up. There is no perfect solution that will make everyone happy, there never is.
A vaccine passport was always going to be controversial and heavily debated subject, but if the other option is to start losing privileges like live sport, or returning to lockdowns, I really don’t see how people could be against it. 
But again, to each their own, that’s just how I see it. 

1 minute ago, Almacger said:

Knowledge is increasing but there are still plenty of experts who all have different opinions and plenty of experts who are getting it wrong.  If it’s not a guessing game then explain why they move the goalposts every two seconds regarding lockdowns, mask wearing, saying schools don’t spread it, now they do, talking about boosters cos they don’t know how long immunity lasts - this all takes time to figure out and they are still not getting it right - governments and some of our scientific community are making it up as they go along.

Are you really qualified to say the disease would be spreading quicker without vaccination? For all we know, more people may have it without knowing they have it and spread it on to others more easily - you don’t know that and I don’t know that, anyone who thinks they know the answer is getting a wee bit beyond themselves at this stage.

When quoting percentage rates of transmission as you did above, I’m sorry but you can’t rely on that as being accurate and explaining the full picture.  Studies/surveys and stats will capture some essential data but not everyone gets tested, included in surveys etc.  Research is still taking place, different views still exist and it is wrong to dismiss other peoples views and opinions based on some scientific data - the scientific data may provide us with the answers we are all looking for in the years to come, but anybody who thinks they know what is going on here is kidding themselves on.

It is mostly the politicians that fuck about moving the goal posts rather than the scientists. You would struggle to find many scientists who said things like 'school kids dont spread it'. Usually it would be a politician spinning something to imply thats what they thought.

Boosters is a good point. Its a new virus, we dont know how long immunity lasts. Its not a guessing game, they continually review the stats to get a picture of it as soon as it starts to appear. They dont just guess "6 years!" and then every cunt waits that time.  

Im qualified to read a study that shows that it reduces transmission. Look up the study yourself if you are interested. It was based on the Alpha strain, so wont be as effective with Delta, but will till have an impact in slowing.

12 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

you know i was going to mention you in another thread about people on here who think they are more intelligent than they are and when they don't want to or cant answer something they turn into a troll but i thought better of it

whished to fuck i did now because i realise now most on here would agree with me

Being insulted my an illiterate now.

That’s how it works here, if your not fuly vaccinated you have to bring a -COVID test to get into nightclubs or events/festivals (although these were open then shutdown again when cases spiked, meant to open again on 20th sept) they have pop up shops here where you go to get it (free for everyone in NL atm) but soon you need to pay every time you need one, it’s gony start costing people money 

it’s not difficult to enforce, no ID or -COVID test and it’s see ye later pal, and it’s quick so easy to make it a requirement for any event

ive got family refusing to get the vaccine, not because they don’t believe in it, but more for pure stubborn reasons, that they feel like they are being forced to get it and the government controlling them, fair enough, but it’s gony get pricey to do anything soon the amount of test they will be paying for, yer more or less paying for yer stubbornness, is it really worth it? 

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It is mostly the politicians that fuck about moving the goal posts rather than the scientists. You would struggle to find many scientists who said things like 'school kids dont spread it'. Usually it would be a politician spinning something to imply thats what they thought.

Boosters is a good point. Its a new virus, we dont know how long immunity lasts. Its not a guessing game, they continually review the stats to get a picture of it as soon as it starts to appear. They dont just guess "6 years!" and then every cunt waits that time.  

Im qualified to read a study that shows that it reduces transmission. Look up the study yourself if you are interested. It was based on the Alpha strain, so wont be as effective with Delta, but will till have an impact in slowing.

You have your own lab mate? 

2 minutes ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

It’s a sensitive subject with a lot of passionate people on both sides of the fence. In my eyes, if it provides a path back to normality then sign me up. There is no perfect solution that will make everyone happy, there never is.
A vaccine passport was always going to be controversial and heavily debated subject, but if the other option is to start losing privileges like live sport, or returning to lockdowns, I really don’t see how people could be against it. 

Are you a Trudeau fan? 

1 minute ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

jesus fuck

you'd be happy to keep those without a qr code in a wee corner for themselves while the rest enjoys going to restaurants gigs football etc even though he code effectively means nothing

30 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It was shown to reduce transmission by between 40-60% (will be less against Delta tbf), not just stopping asymptomatic cases.

Saying "Look what is happening here or in Israel" does not change it. Without the vaccine the numbers would be accelerating faster.

Its an over simplification to say things are just a big guessing game, like a hairdresser is as knowledgeable as a virologist on the matter. We dont know everything yet, but its not like people are clueless, knowledge is increasing every day and they are not just plucking things out of the air.

It’s all weak science and guess work hoping for the best. I think Trump called it right when he said drink bleach.

I understand fully why people are against it and i fully understand why people want it.

Me Personally i have not had any vaccines yet due to me going through a difficult time of late and not really had the chance or the advice of a doctor if i am allowed it.

If it stops me from entering Ibrox though they can inject my eyeballs. 

Just now, BlueVanguard said:

I understand fully why people are against it and i fully understand why people want it.

Me Personally i have not had any vaccines yet due to me going through a difficult time of late and not really had the chance or the advice of a doctor if i am allowed it.

If it stops me from entering Ibrox though they can inject my eyeballs. 

It won’t affect you if you are exempt.

whatever happened to herd mentality where as long as the majority got the vaccine then that would be enough

of course theres no power and money to be made there 

this thread has now descended into people just trolling now, theres no debate any more unless there are real nazis on here who want to segregate the population just so they can feel superior then i think you support the wrong team

in the words of that guy on that tv show

I'm out

Just now, Rowley Birkin said:

this thread has now descended into people just trolling now, theres no debate any more unless there are real nazis on here who want to segregate the population just so they can feel superior then i think you support the wrong team

in the words of that guy on that tv show

I'm out

You are a fucking mess.

Just now, Sparkle said:

I think that’s one of the things that’s been queried

Its not Rangers place to refund, it lies with the govt. They should refund people if they exclude them from events through their doing which they had previously paid in full for upfront in good faith, under no understanding about being shut out depending on an experimental vaccine status being part of the T&C's. But its unlikely that would happen.