Imagine some Rangers supporters saying you are not a Rangers supporter because of a Political belief ?

Angus1965

13 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

If Scotland is allowed to keep the pound how independent would it be if it’s monetary policy was decided by Westminster and the BoE?

If ? Would it want to ? And if it did there would be a negotiation to be had ? We could have a Scottish pound ? After all that’s not unheard of ! And a bank of scotland - there’s a novel concept ! Perhaps we join the euro, or adopt the Swedish kroner! 

4 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

If ? Would it want to ? And if it did there would be a negotiation to be had ? We could have a Scottish pound ? After all that’s not unheard of ! And a bank of scotland - there’s a novel concept ! Perhaps we join the euro, or adopt the Swedish kroner! 

Perhaps you’ll be shagging Scarlett Johanson with a hundred million Eurolottery cheque in yer arsecrack. Don’t you think what currency you use is important?

4 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

What are we, 6 years from the referendum ? and these Nat mongos still don’t have a clue what currency an independent Scotland would use 🤣

We won’t need a currency…..everything will be free !! 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

……..Scotland are not allowed to borrow money……

Really - 

Borrowing powers were devolved to the Scottish Parliament by the Scotland Act 2012 and extended by the Scotland Act 2016.

The Scottish Government can borrow up to £450m per annum for capital investment (a cap of £3bn). On resource spending, they can borrow up to £600m per annum (a cap of £1.75bn)

Page 13

https://www.gov.scot/binaries/content/documents/govscot/publications/corporate-report/2020/02/scottish-budget-2020-21/documents/scottish-budget-2020-21/scottish-budget-2020-21/govscot%3Adocument/scottish-budget-2020-21.pdf

Answered in previous post - I’m not here to do your work for you 

You’ve never answered a single question that I’ve asked. 

Start with the first one - tell me one thing the Snats have done in 15 years to improve Scotland & grow our economy?

the chains around health service and education are budgets as we can’t borrow for infrastructure, as we are not allowed to, and by the infamous Barnett formulae we don’t even get allocated a budget based on what is raised because monies are kept for things like armed forces ( no issue there ) HS2, channel tunnel, third runway at Heathrow, cross city link etc. 

and it’s not just a financial question either - strategy is determined not by the people of scotland but by the ruk - we can’t diverge there as we have no powers to do so. 

What chains around health & education  - there is no set budget and the Scottish administration can spend what it likes on them - where do you think Scottish tax goes?

Its an absolute Snat myth that we pay for HS2, etc.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

What chains around health & education  - there is no set budget and the Scottish administration can spend what it likes on them - where do you think Scottish tax goes?

Its an absolute Snat myth that we pay for HS2, etc.

From ScotGov website

HS2

https://www.gov.scot/publications/foi-202000015934/

Scotland being PAID for crossrail 😂

https://www.standard.co.uk/hp/front/scotland-given-ps500m-sop-for-crossrail-6616253.html

Heathrow 3rd Runway

Heathrow expansion: Scottish government welcomes third runway plan http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-37761487

He cherry picked a couple of the questions and prevaricated a couple of answers to Ayrshire Blue,and there are more holes in his argument then a swiss cheese.
He is an snp fanbhoy and is the typical "there are none so blind as those who do not see".
Me personally see them as workshy free loading bastards.
And the anti English/British/Union is encouraged by a spiteful hate filled government ever to run a country.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

You’ve never answered a single question that I’ve asked. 

Start with the first one - tell me one thing the Snats have done in 15 years to improve Scotland & grow our economy?

Free prescriptions, free university education are probably a decent start. 

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

You do realise I answered that post - in fact the poster had to make a wee donation to Erskine based on my answers ( mind you that might have been another thread making the same accusation as it’s often like Groundhog Day in here. ) 

It was on Rangers voting snp.
I know you support Rangers.
Cannot believe your boasting about free prescriptions.
But! i did ask you to name one thing they have done,which wasn't exactly what have they got right,unless you have drawers full of pills and potions,and that was why i gave a donation to Erskine.
Out of all the questions Ayrshire Blue has asked you,not one has been answered in a straight forward answer.

12 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I will be shocked if free prescriptions are still a thing in 3 / 5 years max without independence. 

I can guarantee they will be gone immediately if we we’re to be independent. 

our fiscal deficit is running at 22%! The maximum allowed in the eu is 3% so that along with the Catalonia issue seals the issue about EU membership it won’t happen 

3 minutes ago, AGC123 said:

I will be shocked if free prescriptions are still a thing in 3 / 5 years max without independence. 

I can guarantee they will be gone immediately if we we’re to be independent. 

our fiscal deficit is running at 22%! The maximum allowed in the eu is 3% so that along with the Catalonia issue seals the issue about EU membership it won’t happen 

In England (the figures are a few years old admittedly) 89.7% of prescriptions were issued without charge (FREE, for the hard of thinking) at the point of dispensing.

https://digital.nhs.uk/data-and-information/publications/statistical/prescriptions-dispensed-in-the-community/prescriptions-dispensed-in-the-community-statistics-for-england-2005-2015

In a future Indy🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿, if Mike Russell and his disciples don’t push through their privatised health system, 🇺🇸 Companies like IHI will.

8 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

8 hours ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

But prescriptions are not actually FREE - do you think big pharmaceutical companies give it to Scotland for FREE. It has to be paid for, by revenue generated, meaning that money is cut from elsewhere, like drug rehab, etc leading to higher drug deaths.

‘Free’ Uni places have been absolutely slashed to allow fee paying students access to Unis - and again, it was never actually FREE, it was paid for.

You've really swallowed the Snat book of absolute pish & drivel if you believe it’s all FREE

If we go back a bit, there were no fees to be paid by UK students in the UK for university education. University education was considered to be free (we can have the ‘nothing is free’ argument all day long). Then fees were directly introduced in the other 3 UK countries but not in Scotland for Scottish students. If uni education was deemed to be free (free at source) before, then it still is now.

Thats is the same for prescriptions for a large part of the Scottish population, and it’s the same for the removal of tolls on bridges. These things still need to be paid for, but are regarded as ‘free’, if ‘free at source’.

Another example, would be our ‘free’ education system - it obviously needs paid for, but is deemed to be free.

A university education should be free (first degree, at least, anyway), and it’s to the credit of the SNP, that it still is.

Just about everything else they do is a cluster fuck, right enough.