*****Official Sparta Prague v Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

2 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Where did i offer an opinion on whether I found it offensive or not?

Though by that justification I should be free to call any rapper the N word....👍

I'm asking you. What language is it you find offensive?

What's the sectarian language that you struggle with on here?

7 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Why are so many posters on here so utterly outraged and appalled at any form of racism but so comfortable with sectarianism? 

You couldn't go on a thread on here without seeing sectarian language, you couldn't go to Ibrox without hearing the same. Don't think I've ever heard anyone being offended at that.

Either both are wrong or none are wrong.

(Que about 20 notifications of people saying I'm worth a watching/celtic fan😴😴)

I am amazed you are still allowed to post on here.......

6 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

When Daily Record journalists were "appalled" at historical tweets last month they didn't give a toss about discrimination, they only cared about assuming the moral high ground and sticking the boot into Rangers. Their own tweets proved that.

If you are only appalled at discriminatory language and chants when others do it, but you say nothing when your own do the same, then you don't give a toss.

Im waiting on you telling me what chants, language etc that's offending you.

Can you tell me?

The "unrepentant fenian bastards" refer to themselves as such. 

So you'll need to tell us what's the issue on here or at the games that's getting your knickers soaking 

49 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Why are so many posters on here so utterly outraged and appalled at any form of racism but so comfortable with sectarianism? 

You couldn't go on a thread on here without seeing sectarian language, you couldn't go to Ibrox without hearing the same. Don't think I've ever heard anyone being offended at that.

Either both are wrong or none are wrong.

(Que about 20 notifications of people saying I'm worth a watching/celtic fan😴😴)

Probably about 8 or 9 years since I've heard any sectarianism at Ibrox and that was from one guy who was pished and he was getting told to can it.

1 hour ago, DiamondDan said:

I've already told you that I didnt say i find it offensive, have you forgotten already?

I'm telling you sectarianism isn't any better or worse than racism.

I don't know the sectarianism you're refering to. You need to tell me what it is that you hear and see on here

16 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Well since my original post we have already had "f#nian" and "t#ig" used. "T#rrier" is thrown about like confetti on here as well.

And whethere you, me or the rest of the board consider those "sectarian" or not, if you should them in front of the polis on Sunday you'll be in cuffs.

Fenian isn't deemed anyhting untill the word bastard, cunt etc is used after it

24 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

It is.

Anyway, that's my last reply to you, enjoy your day.

Anyone with any decent arguments wants to explain why one is OK and the other is then happy to listen.

If you can give us the examples maybe we could 

28 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

It is.

Anyway, that's my last reply to you, enjoy your day.

Anyone with any decent arguments wants to explain why one is OK and the other is then happy to listen.

Well I've seen scum fans with a huge banner referring to themselves as fenians but I've never seen Kamara asking to be referred to as a fucking monkey.

13 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

And some black people refer to each other as "N's"...

Awful comparison.

The N word was a negative and dehumanising word not chosen by those it was aimed at, soap dodgers was a term coined by those it is aimed at - it literally means Irish warrior so doesn't even have negative connotations.

3 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Ok, use it at work and then come back and tell me if your gaffer think it has "negative connotations".

And could you explain the etymology of "t#ig" and "t#rrier"?

I should have added negative connotations in its origins. Comparing it to the N word is still shameful and straight out the Jeanette Findlay playbook.

Those terms are different, both intended as slurs to disparage a group - you don't get people calling themselves either so not really relevant to the point you were trying to make.

6 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

My original point is: sectarian language is prevalent in every thread on here and probabky at every game I attend. Nobody really cares.

However, when racial language is used, suddenly people are outraged.

It is hypocrisy to be outraged at one but not the other.

It’s not really though. I’m not outraged by shoplifting, while I am at murder. Doesn’t make me a hypocrite.