*****Official Sparta Prague v Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

“Really pleased with the boys”

Fucking hell.

I'd have more respect if he said "I made a mistake with the initial team selection and tactics and didn't change things when I should have"

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

He’s not seeing it. He needs to buy a fucking ticket or tv subscription and watch the games like we see it. FFS!

Same with his smart arse comment at press conference.

The press in general are arseholes but this time the guy had a relevant point about performances.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Same with his smart arse comment at press conference.

The press in general are arseholes but this time the guy had a relevant point about performances.

I was really surprised at that when I watched it. I know he’s quite snappy with stupid questions but it was a valid question and the fact he had no answer was quite telling tbh

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He never won a header all night, cost the goal, tried playing offside whilst playing Sparta players onside.

Moved out of position too often and put us under presure.

Horrible display and to say he got pass marks is nonsense. 

The boy was played out of position with a partner (who was worse) for the first time ever, away in Europe. Allowances have to be made for that, and I’d give him, overall, pass marks for his performance.

Far, far worse performances tonight by more established players, playing in their natural positions like Davis, Roofe, etc.

The defence didn’t cost us that game tonight - a gutless midfield & attack did.

9 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

How can he be pleased with our performance and thinking they had 1 good chance? What the fuck is that.

We're lucky it wasn't about 4 or 5 at one point.

It's worrying how he's viewed that game.

McGregor and their poor finishing saved us from a pumping 

44 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

This in a nutshell. Our midfield and front line don’t link at all at moment. Midfield too deep and end up recycling possession back and then we launch it and lose it as it’s always a hopeful punt rather than a decent pass up front.  Also the midfield need to be instructed to move ball on first time, or drive at opposition.  how many times did Aribo get caught in possession or a Hagi after he came on as they want 3-4 touch’s or while 2 or 3 player close them down.  One point in first half we played about 5 quick 1 touch passes across their midfield and opened them right up. We did that once the while game! 

Then Davis is always too deep and too cautious and tonight was sleeping for good portions of game and letting players run off him.  Thought he was awful tonight, Kamara quiet again which may be understandable,. Bacuna not ready. Add in a front line that doesn’t hold ball up and won’t shoot or can’t seem to beat a defender. Not impressed with Sakala who at least tried hard, but can’t actually seem to knock ball past player early and run. And what the feck was Roofe doing for most of game.  Sweet FA.  Add in a terrible performance from Tav (practically every attack came down his side).  And a not up to speed Barasic and what looked like an struggling Balogan, maybe we should be grateful it was only one.  But they were there for the taking and again we lose due to self inflicted issues.  Some players need benched or dropped completely and a rocket put up the rest of them. Time to stop pampering them and get them told it’s not acceptable. 

Need to see a proper reaction on Sunday against Hibs.

Can't see anything to be disagreed with in that. 

Sadly there won't be a change or an improvement. This is how we play now...this has been it for a while. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We could have lost 5 goals tonight, much have you been drinking mate? 

If ……… my auntie had baws she’d be my uncle!

We got off light as I said in a previous post but we never threatened them seriously in the whole game.

It’s not unusual to be under pressure and lose a goal way from home in Europe BUT our midfield has no idea how to link up with an attack, split a defence and our frontline has no flare or cutting edge to it.

28 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

You’re looking at it from the end of a season there. At the start of that season there’s no way anyone seen us getting to a European final, so yes I would have taken a treble back then too.

Manchester was a final btw, it wasn’t a quarter final which you said you’d give up a treble for 

I suppose it's how the comparison's being framed.

Winning the league and a long run in Europe is (generally) more appealing to me than knocked out in the 1st qualifier but winning the treble. More important to the club financially too, and European games are infinitely better than anything domestically outwith beating the fenians.

Less appealing if it meant two cup losses to celtic, and probably on balance given we haven't won a cup yet under Gerrard or at all for years it would be good to win a double or treble this season in particular.

42 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

statement from Glen Kamara’s lawyer Aamer Anwar (yes I know :sarcasm:) read:

“I had hoped when I heard of the stadium closure of Sparta Prague that both Glen and other black players wouldn’t have to put up with any abuse or racism and could just get on with playing football.

“But this evening should be an embarrassment for the Czech side that, despite their fans being banned, it still made little difference that the stadium was filled with 10,000 schoolchildren.

“A huge proportion of those children booed Glen’s every touch of the ball along with every other black player for Rangers. Tonight shows yet again that Prague has a serious problem with racism & as usual UEFA is nowhere to be seen.

“Glen and the Rangers players have shown total class, but no player should have to face this at their work and on the European stage.”

He's a prick but he's not wrong.