European football

Colin Traive

We need the revenue, I get that, and the prestige to attract players, I get that too but, by fuck, we really don’t need diving, cheating bastards being rewarded by dishonest/inept referees.

I’ll be happy if we win 56, take the CL place (and the money that goes with it) and then play reserves in Europe, accepting that, unless we get as good at faking injury and rolling about for fuck all, playing decent football is not enough in European football currently.

At our best, we’re much better than tonight’s opponents but we underperformed and I also sensed real frustration at the abysmal refereeing. Seemed to me that felt like “there’s no way we can win with every tackle a foul”

Forget the actual score line, the art of the game is second best to cheating.

:angrywillie:

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

We didn't lose that because of cheating, we lost because we didn't put a man on a post at a corner for some reason and couldnt create a single chance against a shite team

Not talking about losing tonight. The bigger picture is that we are not streetwise enough to avoid conceding fouls nor to earn them through diving.

Just now, Colin Traive said:

Not talking about losing tonight. The bigger picture is that we are not streetwise enough to avoid conceding fouls nor to earn them through diving.

We've got to the last 16 back to back by playing good football so you're point is false

Enough of this shite. On one hand you've got folk who make excuses for every shite performance by mentioning the fact celtic are shite too. Then on the other hand you've got folk hoping we finish in a worse position than one that's available to us.

We shouldn't be setting our standards based on how well or how shite the taigs are and we should NEVER be hoping or expecting to finish in a lesser position than what's possible.

As others have said its a mentality reserved for diddy teams. So enough of the silly coping mechanisms, well never learn from bad performances if everyone makes excuses or comes up with a cope every time we have one.

to me most of our problems come from the front 3 we never look like scoring and that has been the case for the past few weeks  our front 3  never press the opposition just allow them to come out of defence with the ball and that puts pressure on the midfield   we have a back 4 midfield 3 front 3  and at no time do they link up and play as a team  it is 3 seperate units    i know we have no money but the signings have been poor  

If we aren’t arsed about Europe then why the fuck do we bother trying to win our league? 

Isn’t Europe the full fucking point? A reward for being one of the best teams in your country.

Shocking diddy club mentality to treat Europe like it’s a sideshow