Accounts 20/21

esquire8

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Over £50m loss over the last three years.

CL is a must next season!

It is a must buddy but going forward we cannot be reliant upon CL money. I just do not understand how we cannot sell. 

Take Goldson - we should never have ended up in this position. Borna? Croatia left back and we can’t seem to atttact bids when he was bang on form - what’s he worth right now ?

Something odd about it for me - we need a model where we sell and right now Wilson has done no better that his predecessor in that regard. 

I think Covid has bitten us in another way as well. Taking it out the equation there would have been a longer off season as the Euros would have been played the year before, I think more clubs would have been in a position to spend in the transfer market and we may well have received a sizeable and acceptable bid for a Morelos, Kamara, Kent etc. If we can get over the line and win the league this year that would help massively. I would still expect a couple of sales as the team needs refreshed but that plus champions league money should put us back on an even footing and allow for some investment in the team. Not winning the league doesnt really bear thinking about. We would be looking at selling with not much to reinvest. I suspect we would be replacing the manager as well. 

31 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Notice the board particularly highlighted they paid back Kings £5m loan with nearly £1m interest on top of it......

Haven't read the report yet but I don't know why people are making a big deal of this. It was due to be paid in full by last month anyway and has been disclosed before.

We currently have a loan from Wolhardt, Johnston and Bennett at something like 6% too.

54 minutes ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

The issue with posting big losses is that other clubs know they can get players on the cheap and won't offer their value

Very true mate, that’s why I said if the players are half as valuable as we are led to believe, I’m confident the sale of Morelos, Kent and one other would easily cover that loss in a worst case scenario.

5 minutes ago, don logan said:

The club have been proactive/relentless in the past 18 months in increasing turnover through every means available. Some on here see that as a bad thing. Hopefully our latest figures will now show why it isn't.

Increasing turnover is fine but when our expenditure has massively increased aswell it kind of cancels each other out.

Our main issue is we are supposed to be making money via player trading and we don't sell players.

I don’t think I’m overly concerned tbh.

The one area we have failed to perform in is the sale of players. Take away the money to King/stadium improvements etc and sell a player or 2 and we’re in a good position. Also taking into consideration the impact of Covid over that year with no fans etc I don’t think it’s as bad as first seems.

7 minutes ago, don logan said:

The club have been proactive/relentless in the past 18 months in increasing turnover through every means available. Some on here see that as a bad thing. Hopefully our latest figures will now show why it isn't.

Has it worked?

Doubling the price of bar72 season tickets, or putting up prices by 25% of food/drink, aren't how we are going to break even.

We need to bring in more money from commercial deals, better player recruitment with looking to sell on.

I think we should be looking to bring in payers with them staying here 2 or 3 seasons before selling on.

2 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Has it worked?

Doubling the price of bar72 season tickets, or putting up prices by 25% of food/drink, aren't how we are going to break even.

We need to bring in more money from commercial deals, better player recruitment with looking to sell on.

I think we should be looking to bring in payers with them staying here 2 or 3 seasons before selling on.

It will next years accounts before we see how we'll it's worked as you can benchmark with 2018/19.

We should be selling every year though.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

My first reaction is I actually thought it would be worse.

People might now realise exactly why our business in the past two windows has been bargain basement freebies and players that nobody else wants.

Likes of barasic, morelos, goldson especially who hasn't signed a new contract.

Why are we not negotiating transfers out when they are at their highest value more so team performance.

Not sure how much better things would have been without Covid.

Revenue was down 12m but expenses only down by 2m

Other operating expenses down by 9m. If we had that extra revenue I think most of it would have been swallowed up by an increase in other operating expenses.

The payments to King are a one off, but everything else points to the one thing that we all know. We need CL revenue. Without that we'll always be making a loss.

3 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Where's that coming from?

Why he was punted in August I do not know, Gerrard should pay his wage he's looking for and he's had final say.

Club that suffers now, need to make a statement with him n sell in January if we can recoup money.

Imagine he signs a pre contract in January, you think he's pish now, wait until the crucial month of the season.

We need to sell players when their value is highest. Ross Wilson needs to earn his coin now.