Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

12 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

One of the issues he could face is struggling to take Villa anywhere frankly. Just lounging about above mid table and not winning anything potentially for a person like Gerrard that would hurt. 

Good. He deserves it. 

Will never get the kind of reception or respect he got here again, won't get near the dippers job either. 

18 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Thanks for the info, I did not know that they had been taken over. I do not follow Engilish football much.

Yeah they seem to be a club with aspirations to go places. Their owners are the fifth richest in the league, they’ve heavily backed their previous manager financially and they have the nucleus of a decent team too. I’m not happy that Gerrard has gone, but I can see why he thinks it was too good an opportunity to turn down.

10 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Patterson can't get in his team the now, don't see it.

£10m for Tav for an EPL team for what he brings is a bargain to be honest, even as a squad player. They cunts dump £20m on fucking prospects now days.

If Gerrard wants to play a similar system to what he had here with its reliance on Tav, I think there is a real chance he comes in for him.

Just hope it's not a chicken feed offer and the board hold firm for good money. Tav is still miles ahead of Patterson.

At 30? Can’t see it.  Matty Cash (their RB) is 24 and estimated to be worth £20 million. 
Tav won’t go and sit on a bench when the CL is within our grasp 

I thought StevieG would see out the season - I was wrong. Good luck to him at Villa, but even Rodgers waited for a half decent side before he jumped ship. 

Anyway, thanks for the 55 and those European nights. It's a pity the cup runs were poor, but those were last in priority to the league and Europe (for the millions it generates in cash).

22 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

He’s probably thinking he’s still learning and will be happy with that but he’ll win fuck all

Someone would need to explain to me why Liverpool would hire a manager who doesn't compete or win anything in England? A club which competes for leagues and champions leagues. 

7 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I don't think he intends to be there long. The move makes sense when you put it in the context of the Liverpool job. He's not going there to win things. He's already gained experience dealing with the expectations of having to win every game with us. He's at Villa to properly get to grips with the other aspects of the game at the elite level - tactics, spending big budgets etc - and to challenge himself against the best managers.

If you like, I think Gerrard himself might see it that every job up to Liverpool is a part of his apprenticeship. He's gained experience dealing with expectations and pressure, now he's off to learn different things at Villa. He'll fancy himself to do well enough there to make a case for himself when Klopp leaves, and he'll be able to point to his time here and at Villa and the different things he's had to deal with to back him up.

I hope he fails miserably (and think he's probably going to get the sack at Villa), but I think that's the logic. 

Couldn't give the like  because of the last line but that's a good post and probably how I see it too.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Straw clutching for showing you up for being a hypocritical wee boy in the same thread?

You're reaching mate.

You can't compare him obsessing over Goldson and Barisic and mentioning them in threads that have nothing to do with them to people saying Covid saved Gerrard's job. 

But nice try. 

The extra year on his contract, taking him by Klopps contract end, makes perfect sense to me.

If he has a degree of success at Villa and Liverpool come calling when Klopps deal ends it means they have to fork out money to get their men.

That way they claw back their initial outlay on the team.

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

You can't compare him obsessing over Goldson and Barisic and mentioning them in threads that have nothing to do with them to people saying Covid saved Gerrard's job. 

But nice try. 

Your post was it was weird behaviour for people to be obsessed with other people's opinions.

Yet you chase him about every thread he's in. :lol:

The fact that Villa can quadruple Gerrard’s wages per week shows the absolute gulf in money between England and us. Was reading earlier that if Villa finish last in the EPL they get £170 million yet we get £4 million for winning the SPFL. It’s actually frightening when you see it laid out like that. 

7 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Your post was it was weird behaviour for people to be obsessed with other people's opinions.

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The obsession about people's opinions on here from a select few is mental. 

It's not as if they are earth shattering as well, weird behavior imo. 

Funny how you left a key detail out... 

How many threads have I quoted him in today just out of curiosity? Saying as your keeping check. 

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

How come when you respond to people on here, it comes across as ‘chasing him about every thread he’s in.’

the way forums generally work is putting up an opinion and other people respond 

10 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Funny how you left a key detail out... 

How many threads have I quoted him in today just out of curiosity? Saying as your keeping check. 

Ffs lads calm down, your making me feel Important, it's been a rough few days, this had been mind draining, here's a plan though