Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

22 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Lovenkrands, tugay, charbonnier, christiansen and nerlinger were all under 2mill each

Using wiki for quickness (not 100% accurate but nothing is with player fees) advocaats net spend over 4 seasons was around the 42mill mark, thats 4 seasons where his first was to replace 15 first team squad members from the failed 10iar season, 4 seasons that included 2 CL group stage appearances (worth maybe around 40mill in total back then) and 2 UEFA cup runs, one of which got us to europe after xmas for the first time in a decade

Yup he spent a lot, but he also brought a lot in while winning trophies, (pity murrays wage sanctions cripples us, eck having to dismantle a treble winning team was a kick in the baws) 

Are those values increased for inflation?

I just did a quick inflation check and those prices should be multiplied by 1.64 to get today’s money.

1 hour ago, murzo said:

:lol:   Not sure about that but he’s definitely given it a go.

You never know ,By about lunchtime on Thursday I wasn’t that bothered he had left after the initial shock .

By the time I got home from work the cunt had really started to annoy me and he is adding cunt points to his name ,Maybe by the end of the week it will be a case of I’d rather invite TLB round for dinner than that sneaky bastard 😁

4 minutes ago, BigDak said:

Are those values increased for inflation?

I just did a quick inflation check and those prices should be multiplied by 1.64 to get today’s money.

If we increase the values to todays amount, his net transfer would be around the 70mill mark, using todays CL money though thats a cool 80mill give or take over 2 campaigns, plus whatever he made from the uefa cup outings

See when we compare Advocaat, smith and gerrard, it shows just how good a job eck did, made an 8mill transfer profit over 4 seasons, won 2 titles, 5 cups, 2 CL campaigns and one uefa cup group stage campaign and the first Scottish team to get to the CL last 16

25 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

You never know ,By about lunchtime on Thursday I wasn’t that bothered he had left after the initial shock .

By the time I got home from work the cunt had really started to annoy me and he is adding cunt points to his name ,Maybe by the end of the week it will be a case of I’d rather invite TLB round for dinner than that sneaky bastard 😁

Fucking just read your post mate. I was beginning calm down a bit about the cunt leaving but this has me wound up again. FFS! 🤣

21 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If we increase the values to todays amount, his net transfer would be around the 70mill mark, using todays CL money though thats a cool 80mill give or take over 2 campaigns, plus whatever he made from the uefa cup outings

See when we compare Advocaat, smith and gerrard, it shows just how good a job eck did, made an 8mill transfer profit over 4 seasons, won 2 titles, 5 cups, 2 CL campaigns and one uefa cup group stage campaign and the first Scottish team to get to the CL last 16

You can't use inflation as a relative measure in football. Transfer fees and salaries have risen much faster in the past 20 years. 

25 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Fair dos re: the net balance under Advocaat. I’d just wondered whether you guys were working off today’s values. But, as you say, that’s really just one side of the equation.

That really is a belter of a record under McLeish.

37 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Fucking just read your post mate. I was beginning calm down a bit about the cunt leaving but this has me wound up again. FFS! 🤣

Maybe your just getting to the stage I was at when I got home on Thursday,If you have,then I’m afraid to say you have a few more pissed off moments to come .😁

Its cool though ,it’s a bit like when you fall out with a burd and bits that you used to like that now annoy the fuck out of you .Like the way the cunts hair has that perfect comb forward and swirl to the right ,Oh that fucks me right off .😂

17 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

Getting anything out of Villa might prove to be a very difficult challenge. Then where does SG go? Norwich in another year or what? He won’t be getting Liverpool if that’s what he’s thinking. 

With a bit of luck Klopp does a Sir Alex and stays there for almost 30 years 😂

3 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Maybe your just getting to the stage I was at when I got home on Thursday,If you have,then I’m afraid to say you have a few more pissed off moments to come .😁

Its cool though ,it’s a bit like when you fall out with a burd and bits that you used to like that now annoy the fuck out of you .Like the way the cunts hair has that perfect comb forward and swirl to the right ,Oh that fucks me right off .😂

Aw mate, you need to get that issue addressed soon. 🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I just get the impression Gerrard took the huff a little when he was told the budget had gone. 

I can't remember which game it was, but a mini-rant he gave during a press conference made me think the same at the time. An answer to a question that wasn't asked, stressing that the players brought in were a consequence of the very limited budget.

Still contemptuous that he would leave while leading a league table mid-season, and in a cup semi-final, and in Europe to go and fight a relegation battle.  Means he considers winning things worthless.  So what's the point of sport at all, is it just to sell more Chinese betting and tracksuits?  Seems like Rangers and the squad are just some bit part player in his ego, and the manner of his fucking off like that without a backwards glance amplifies it.  Thinks he's the big man, bigger than everyone around him.

4 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

Still contemptuous that he would leave while leading a league table mid-season, and in a cup semi-final, and in Europe to go and fight a relegation battle.  Means he considers winning things worthless.  So what's the point of sport at all, is it just to sell more Chinese betting and tracksuits?  Seems like Rangers and the squad are just some bit part player in his ego, and the manner of his fucking off like that without a backwards glance amplifies it.  Thinks he's the big man, bigger than everyone around him.

Managing Liverpool is where he wants to end up and they will most likely want to see him prove himself in the premier league. Everything he does revolves around Liverpool 

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Managing Liverpool is where he wants to end up and they will most likely want to see him prove himself in the premier league. Everything he does revolves around Liverpool 

Clearly he feels that.  Perhaps a room full of trophies might have been compelling too. 

Hard to see from that perspective what's in it for Aston Villa when the owners and him must have divergent visions, and one them involves fucking off at the first opportunity.

14 hours ago, blaudrup said:

Clearly he feels that.  Perhaps a room full of trophies might have been compelling too. 

Hard to see from that perspective what's in it for Aston Villa when the owners and him must have divergent visions, and one them involves fucking off at the first opportunity.

Comes back to the English arrogance mate.  Down south they don't rate winning trophies in Scotland. Clearly Gerrard didn't either. 

A decent season or two at Aston Villa probably get the English critics more on board with him getting the Liverpool job. 

The thing is our club gave Gerrard and co a lot of patience, investment and time.

If he hits a bad run of form like the post winter breaks he could be out a job faster than he thinks.

On watching some of the podcasts some people are quite delusional about his reputation as a manager he gave the club the title last year he made us more fluent to watch but all of these things dont mean jack shit  down south he will not last at AV