Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

5 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

In a sick and twisted way you've actually got to admire his front going into Villa and getting them to agree to that. Absolutely mental. Hopefully it backfires and makes it easier to sack him when he bombs.

They won old division 1 and the European cup in the early 80s when those competitions were light years away from what it takes to win them now

2 league cups in the mid 90s

nothing since apart from maybe intertoto cup 20 years ago

This record won’t change anytime soon.

Part of me wishes him well but he’s at significant risk of Liverpool looking elsewhere when Klopp goes 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Is it too soon to start the GVB choo choo thread?

For some reason I'm under the impression that we, the fans, are pushing this but the club aren't thinking that route.

Which is based on purely nothing other than he's not being reported as being someone we're looking at while others are

9 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

We all know he is away but it’s about time the board came out and said something.

He’s out last night speaking with Aston Villa while still under contract it’s time the club said something.

I wish we had enough money just to sack the snake on the spot

I do agree with you the club needing to make a statement. Why would you sack him though instead of getting the apparent compo for him.

11 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

We all know he is away but it’s about time the board came out and said something.

He’s out last night speaking with Aston Villa while still under contract it’s time the club said something.

I wish we had enough money just to sack the snake on the spot

For what?

9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Easy for me, I never liked him to begin with :lol: 

Won't say I never liked him but had my doubts over him and my handful of interactions with him really didn't help change my impression of him. Won't lose any sleep over the fact he's gone.

Just now, Sparkle said:

That’s the usual then :lol:

Seems the most logical choice, could only imagine if it's not him that he said no or financial reasons. Would be disappointed if we went for one of the underwhelming names before him as a first choice. But then again I fully accept the club will do actual analysis, reporting, background checks and we're all just reading Wikipedia but even still 

Obsessing with Liverpool will be his downfall 

Unless he has some concrete promise that he is taking over from klopp then nothing is guaranteed and it would be a mental agreement on Liverpool’s part  . Post klopp Liverpool are going to look at another elite level manager . If Gerrard is languishing around mid table with Villa he isn’t going to be their go to. 

5 minutes ago, 285miles said:

They won old division 1 and the European cup in the early 80s when those competitions were light years away from what it takes to win them now

2 league cups in the mid 90s

nothing since apart from maybe intertoto cup 20 years ago

This record won’t change anytime soon.

Part of me wishes him well but he’s at significant risk of Liverpool looking elsewhere when Klopp goes 

Fully expect Villa to beat Brighton in his first game then get pumped by Palace, Leicester and Man City.

Anfield in December I think might be where he starts to realise what a mistake he’s made.