Goldson

GOAT

The problem with Goldson is the mentality that filtered down from Gerrard. There’s 100% players in that squad that thought the “completed remit” of winning a single league title would ensure them a move down South, in hindsight I actually include the manager in this. 

Gerrard, Goldson, maybe Morelos and Barisic as well certainly acted like this was the case. 

Those 3 players have been probably our worst high profile performers all season. 

Tbf to Barisic and Morelos they seem to have rolled up their sleeves at the minute, although nothing is coming off for Morelos. 

Goldson on the other hand has checked out completely, cba fighting for a comeback, publicly threw himself and his teammates under a bus, his performances reflect this as well. 

He’s gone and this in limbo talk is just nonsense. We need to get something for him in January and get another player in who wants to be here. 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The problem with Goldson is the mentality that filtered down from Gerrard. There’s 100% players in that squad that thought the “completed remit” of winning a single league title would ensure them a move down South, in hindsight I actually include the manager in this. 

Gerrard, Goldson, maybe Morelos and Barisic as well certainly acted like this was the case. 

Those 3 players have been probably our worst high profile performers all season. 

Tbf to Barisic and Morelos they seem to have rolled up their sleeves at the minute, although nothing is coming off for Morelos. 

Goldson on the other hand has checked out completely, cba fighting for a comeback, publicly threw himself and his teammates under a bus, his performances reflect this as well. 

He’s gone and this in limbo talk is just nonsense. We need to get something for him in January and get another player in who wants to be here. 

In what way? Barisic yes, but Morelos looks like a guy that’s chucked it. 

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

In what way? Barisic yes, but Morelos looks like a guy that’s chucked it. 

Actually trying. I think Morelos is still trying his form is absolutely horrendous though. Double against Sparta seemed to turn it around, he was ok at Livi but poor against Hibs. 

Goldson just clearly doesn’t want to be here I think. 

7 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

A lot of anger on here about CG winding down his contract. Why no anger at Balogun who’s contract expires around the same time, is he winding down his also 🤔
Anyway, I hope in the background we are seriously looking at bringing in good quality defenders. 

Balogun was a free who I think would jump at the chance to re-sign- think it's his age, he'll be last on the list to look at (if not already told he's going)

7 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

A lot of anger on here about CG winding down his contract. Why no anger at Balogun who’s contract expires around the same time, is he winding down his also 🤔
Anyway, I hope in the background we are seriously looking at bringing in good quality defenders. 

I think it's because he was one of the best players last season. We all wanted him to commit, long term. But he doesn't seem attract by the club anymore and that's a concern. Running down his contract and not giving an answer to the club for months is not respectful on my watch. I'm very disappointed to be honest.

Balogun is not a starter, I like him but he's here when we have injuries and problems at the back, this is a huge difference I'd say.

3 hours ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Goldson and Balogun are different cases entirely :lol:

One is the first name on our team sheet and is in the peak of his career and the other is a veteran squad player who comes in and out the side as and when required.

20 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

This narrative has to end. No one is angry that Goldson wants to leave. People are angry that his performances this season indicate he’s already left in his head. 

13 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its not as simple as that, he's basically staying in the same job for another year in the hope of getting a better paid one, and in that year he's doing a half arsed job of his current one thats to the detriment of his co workers 

Also, and arguably most importantly, when you start a new job it doesn’t normally come with a multi-million pound transfer which you then don’t allow the company to recoup by leaving for nothing at the end.

I’d punt at the first available opportunity.

There is no room for prima donna’s in that dressing room and certainly not ones who are out of form.

Get him to fuck, ideally for a transfer fee, and get someone in who is fully committed to the club.

How can you go full blooded into a 50/50 tackle knowing an injury might scupper an imminent move? 

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

This narrative has to end. No one is angry that Goldson wants to leave. People are angry that his performances this season indicate he’s already left in his head. 

If it was simply down to his performances dropping this season then it would be almost every player in the team we would be angry at. Tav, Morelos, Borna, Kamara all of them then some have been poor compared to last season. There is simply extra focus on Goldson.

I'm stupidly obsessed with watching goals and games over and over again and every time we score or big moments happen in the game Goldson seems to show a lot of passion still. I do think this topic wouldn't be as hot it he signed/signs s new contract. For me he is still our best defender.

53 minutes ago, tom1780 said:

Showed a bit of passion at the goal celebration 

Wonder what’s really going on 

Maybe he just isn't that good and last season we did not have the opposition scoring with 75% attempts on target.

8 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Maybe he just isn't that good and last season we did not have the opposition scoring with 75% attempts on target.

It's crazy how many are going in this season from very little attempts 

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

If it was simply down to his performances dropping this season then it would be almost every player in the team we would be angry at. Tav, Morelos, Borna, Kamara all of them then some have been poor compared to last season. There is simply extra focus on Goldson.

That’s nonsense. Tavernier and Morelos in particular have got it just as tight on here as Goldson has.

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I'm stupidly obsessed with watching goals and games over and over again and every time we score or big moments happen in the game Goldson seems to show a lot of passion still. I do think this topic wouldn't be as hot it he signed/signs s new contract. For me he is still our best defender.

He put the extra focus on himself by admitting he’d given up at half time in the league cup semi. He’s not our best defender either, that’s Helander. 

32 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

None of them have a 63 pager and growing mate. Tav has had it since day dot.

There’s a 63 page thread on Goldson because everything with him is a bit of a perfect storm at the moment. He’s out of contract and people want his future sorted, he’s not playing well and he put himself in the firing line with his comments after the cup semi final.

If we are purely talking about on the park performances he has not had any more criticism than Tav or Morelos have this season on here.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

There’s a 63 page thread on Goldson because everything with him is a bit of a perfect storm at the moment. He’s out of contract and people want his future sorted, he’s not playing well and he put himself in the firing line with his comments after the cup semi final.

If we are purely talking about on the park performances he has not had any more criticism than Tav or Morelos have this season on here.

Had the balls to come out and speak when the rest hid. Playing well enough today. 

5 hours ago, beararse said:

I’d punt at the first available opportunity.

There is no room for prima donna’s in that dressing room and certainly not ones who are out of form.

Get him to fuck, ideally for a transfer fee, and get someone in who is fully committed to the club.

How can you go full blooded into a 50/50 tackle knowing an injury might scupper an imminent move? 

Ask Brian Laudrup who will vouch for it.
Couldn't give a toss he left for nowt.