Ryan Jack

KingKirk

5 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I agree and personally as a lone dmf I would argue Kamara is the better player all day long. However Jack is one of these boys whose importance to the team is massively overplayed for some reason. 

You mean underplayed.

The stats don't lie. We are a lot more solid defensively when Jack is at his best.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

You mean underplayed.

The stats don't lie. We are a lot more solid defensively when Jack is at his best.

I agree but I feel stats are a distraction at times. Perfect example is goldson. Part one of the meanest defences in world football over a league season yet hes pish going by most in here. 

1 hour ago, rabc10000 said:

Major dif is man City can literally replace a world class player with arguably another world class player. For us pretty much anyone, Kamara aside is a massive downgrade on a fully fit Ryan jack so it's not really comparable. 

A 36 year old Steven Davis hit a height last season that Ryan Jack will never amount to in football. 

23 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Gio's response in the press conference wasn't exactly reassuring, I never thought we would see him back where he was and I'm even less convinced now.

Gio can't reassure us about his injury until it has been evaluated mate. He is no wiser than us until it has been checked out.

Shite situation because we all just have to wait and see 

44 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I agree but I feel stats are a distraction at times. Perfect example is goldson. Part one of the meanest defences in world football over a league season yet hes pish going by most in here. 

He wasn’t pish last season though. He was outstanding. It’s his first 2 seasons and this current one people mean when they say he’s pish. 

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

If we could recoup anywhere near our money on Roofe I would he’s made of glass 

He is but I'd still fancy him to get close to 20 goals this season even with this injury, there's no guarantee you could replace that kind of contribution even with someone who's always available

Tough one

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

He is but I'd still fancy him to get close to 20 goals this season even with this injury, there's no guarantee you could replace that kind of contribution even with someone who's always available

Tough one

The problem is when he’s never fit is that if anything happens to Morelos we are fucked, we can’t rely on Roofe even as a squad option and for the wage he’s on we can’t afford to have him missing half a season consistently 

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

The problem is when he’s never fit is that if anything happens to Morelos we are fucked, we can’t rely on Roofe even as a squad option and for the wage he’s on we can’t afford to have him missing half a season consistently 

If we could guarantee a 15-20 goal replacement I'd agree but we've seen how hard they are to get in our price range

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We never should have let Itten go though without a replacement. Running with Morelos who was coming back late, Roofe who is injured a good bit and Defoe who they let go off to do media was mental.

6 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

We never should have let Itten go though without a replacement. Running with Morelos who was coming back late, Roofe who is injured a good bit and Defoe who they let go off to do media was mental.

Aye, never really thought of striker being a problem position but when you put it like that we are pretty light upfront, might need to recall Itten in January 

7 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

I just read what the manager actually said and that is that he hopes Roofe is back before the break. Hopefully boxing day. Probably not though, knowing how these things go.

Hope he’s back to take our penalty at the tattiedome.