Ryan Jack

KingKirk

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

No he's not. I really like Jack but Kamara is a far better player. 

He never shoots and on Saturday he tried with his leg peg which was awful but hopefully Gio is telling him he needs to start getting shots away which I think is becoming more evident with other players now 

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

Pretty much. Would rather him in our payroll injured than doing a turn for someone else. 

Madness. Let's burn half a million quid (at least) to stop Aberdeen getting someone who has managed less than 90 minutes of football in a year. Genuinely mental. 

15 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Think we should show some loyalty to the guy. When hes up and running hes an absolute unit and blends defending and attack really well. I'd much rather have someone like that in our side even if hes injured instead of aberdeen or hearts doing a trick for them. 

It's win/win really. Aye it's shite hes on our payroll but its hardly going to break our back financially. 

Think we have shown more than enough, it's sad but we can't afford passengers. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Madness. Let's burn half a million quid (at least) to stop Aberdeen getting someone who has managed less than 90 minutes of football in a year. Genuinely mental. 

A guy that by all rights is a class act and would when fully fit walk into ANY midfield in the league and boss it. Boosts our squad depth and all round imrpoves the team. 

It'd be madness to let a great player go (probably for nothing) just for another team to pick him up and get a fantastic midfielder. All for what? To save some pennies we can probably afford to lose? 

1 minute ago, dougie76 said:

Think we have shown more than enough, it's sad but we can't afford passengers. 

I wouldn't exactly call him a passenger, it's a shame hes injury riddled but I'd more so say a guy like Simpson is a passenger. The fact that he's fully fit, our LB gets injured and instead of moving Bassey over and bringing him on we instead being Patterson on. 

that to me is a passenger and someone with no real future here, Jack is just a victim of poor circumstances and I'd say the gamble is worth the player he is. 

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

A guy that by all rights is a class act and would when fully fit walk into ANY midfield in the league and boss it. Boosts our squad depth and all round imrpoves the team. 

It'd be madness to let a great player go (probably for nothing) just for another team to pick him up and get a fantastic midfielder. All for what? To save some pennies we can probably afford to lose? 

We can afford to just throw away 500k a year? They'd only get a fantastic player if they can get him fit and, on the evidence, they won't. 

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

I wouldn't exactly call him a passenger, it's a shame hes injury riddled but I'd more so say a guy like Simpson is a passenger. The fact that he's fully fit, our LB gets injured and instead of moving Bassey over and bringing him on we instead being Patterson on. 

that to me is a passenger and someone with no real future here, Jack is just a victim of poor circumstances and I'd say the gamble is worth the player he is. 

I hear you but in reality that's what he is.

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

I can see where you are coming from but it really isn't pennies, lets say jack is earning 13k a week thats money that could be spent on having another midfielder to take his place. Beni Baningime is only supposed to be on £8k a week, would he not be of more use to our midfield than hoping that Jack will return?

Even if Jack does return he will have regressed due to being out for so long and one tough tackle could send him back to the treatment table again.

I would hate to see him go but we are burning money on players that are fit and shit (Barker, Simpson etc.) and we can't really afford another player on the books who is of no use to us on the pitch because he can't get fit again.

Just now, The Dude said:

We can afford to just throw away 500k a year? They'd only get a fantastic player if they can get him fit and, on the evidence, they won't. 

Jack is a class player and surey it's worth a gamble? Say he gets fit and he is regularly in the team and he helps the team win over Dortmund and we progress to the final 16, the prize money pays for it. Or he scores another goal in the old firm that wins it for us. 

For 500k a year I'd say its more than worth it just for the chance of getting him back fit and able 

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No he's not. I really like Jack but Kamara is a far better player. 

I wouldnt say far better, but yeah, he is better for sure. Kamara could easily play in the EPL and he will one day. Not sure Ryan jack could even when fit. And i like Ryan Jack a lot as a player.

17 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Pretty much. Would rather him in our payroll injured than doing a turn for someone else. 

Unless you subscribe to the Tarrier idea that we're skint :rofl:

You do know we recently published our finances and they weren't good?

The last thing we need with this is another Daniel Prodan or Sebastian Rozenthal where you know they are a player but they end up just costing us for nothing in return.

The only time I can see that a player overcame an injury issue and we let them slip through our fingers was Craig Gordon

9 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

The last thing we need with this is another Daniel Prodan or Sebastian Rozenthal where you know they are a player but they end up just costing us for nothing in return.

The only time I can see that a player overcame an injury issue and we let them slip through our fingers was Craig Gordon

Difference is Ryan has contributed loads to our team. They said there’s no room for sentimentality.

15 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Difference is Ryan has contributed loads to our team. They said there’s no room for sentimentality.

He has which is why this decision will be much more difficult to make but it comes down to whether Jack getting ~£500k a year is worth it in the hope that he can return to full fitness and continue to contribute, if he can't contribute anymore then we should be spending that money on a player that can as harsh as that sounds.

5 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

He has which is why this decision will be much more difficult to make but it comes down to whether Jack getting ~£500k a year is worth it in the hope that he can return to full fitness and continue to contribute, if he can't contribute anymore then we should be spending that money on a player that can as harsh as that sounds.

It is harsh but sadly that’s the way it has to be.

Surely we can negotiate a short, appearance-based contract with him at the end of the season and revisit it if he returns to full fitness? We’ve had plenty of passengers who were lazy or just not good enough. I don’t mind taking a risk on a potentially excellent player who also loves the club and, I’m sure, contributes a great deal to the squad motivation and harmony. 

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

If he didn't count to the homegrown I reckon we'd cut ties but might give him one last chance to get fit.

He’s contracted until 2023, so if he’s injured he’ll never agree to terminate his contract - and if he’s fit he’s worth what we’re paying him. 

Just now, rangersross said:

Surely we can negotiate a short, appearance-based contract with him at the end of the season and revisit it if he returns to full fitness? We’ve had plenty of passengers who were lazy or just not good enough. I don’t mind taking a risk on a potentially excellent player who also loves the club and, I’m sure, contributes a great deal to the squad motivation and harmony. 

Why would he agree to that?