Cedric Itten Recalled

eskbankloyal

He hasn't really played a whole lot for the team he's on loan to so there's literally zero benefit to that other club, Cedric or ourselves

We may as well bring him back in, get him integrated again and see how he fares under GVB. It has been posted before that Itten's style of play and physique is quite similar to Nicolai Jorgensen, who excelled in Gio's system at Feyenoord. 

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

He hasn't really played a whole lot for the team he's on loan to so there's literally zero benefit to that other club, Cedric or ourselves

We may as well bring him back in, get him integrated again and see how he fares under GVB. It has been posted before that Itten's style of play and physique is quite similar to Nicolai Jorgensen, who excelled in Gio's system at Feyenoord. 

Here’s hoping

but a few have tried recently with him and it’s just not working out. 

He looks like a player that can’t be coached to be better/different if you know what I mean. 

4 hours ago, Broxi said:

I like Itten but feels like a backwards step bringing him back. I would think that if Gio thought he needed more reinforcement up front he would be able to go out and get somebody. But it doesn’t do any harm to bring him in place of Defoe and injured Roofe. 

If we bring in Olsen, Doekhi and Souttar on top of it that (pre-contracts or not) will still be a great window. 

Why would you go out and spend money regardless. Bring him back, give him 6 months. See how he plays or develops in your system. If he's good. Sorted no need to buy someone. If he's shite. Sell him and replace him. Avoids the scenario of buying a player. Itten comes back and flourishes after the summer and then we more players than we need for that position.

40 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Why would you go out and spend money regardless. Bring him back, give him 6 months. See how he plays or develops in your system. If he's good. Sorted no need to buy someone. If he's shite. Sell him and replace him. Avoids the scenario of buying a player. Itten comes back and flourishes after the summer and then we more players than we need for that position.

To win the league and get a boost of £30 million for a start. 

43 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we sell or loan him before the end of the month. He clearly wasn't rated at the German club.

Apparently Gio called him and wanted him to be part of the squad

I’m pretty chuffed that he’s coming back, yes he has parts of his game to improve on but he has something different to offer with his height and mobility.

Probably also struggled like Alfie with SG wanting him to come deeper and try to lay off etc so I’m sure he will thrive being further up in GVB system and being closer to the goal.

Always felt he tried hard and was trying to make an impression when he was flung on with 20/15/10mins to go and asked to score or change the game.

Welcome back Ced 

Actually looking forward to seeing how he does in Gio’s system. 

When he scored 20 goals in the Swiss league before joining us where did he play that season? Would assume striker but think I remember at the time hearing he was a playing behind the striker, not sure if I’ve made that up in my head:lol:

3 minutes ago, Craig/ said:

Actually looking forward to seeing how he does in Gio’s system. 

When he scored 20 goals in the Swiss league before joining us where did he play that season? Would assume striker but think I remember at the time hearing he was a playing behind the striker, not sure if I’ve made that up in my head:lol:

Played upfront in a 4-4-2 mainly.

Could potentially still work as a lone striker for us though especially now that Aribo is playing a lot further forward and closer to the centre forward.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Played upfront in a 4-4-2 mainly.

Could potentially still work as a lone striker for us though especially now that Aribo is playing a lot further forward and closer to the centre forward.

Thanks, not sure why I thought he played behind. Yeah could really see him fulfilling that Jorgensen role, hopefully when he gets an opportunity he takes it now.