Cedric Itten Recalled

eskbankloyal

1 hour ago, LegendofCoop said:

I don't care what anyone says, You don't score goals like these if there's nothing about you as a footballer....

He’s scored 6 goals (averaging a goal every 209 mins on the pitch) yet 2 we’re  screamers and a couple earned points in the tail end of games.

Was surprised we shipped him out in the first instance.

I think the lad could flourish  under GVB’s less complicated game plan.

Time will tell I suppose.

Itten has always had a fair amount of support within our fan base. I'm not really one of them. For me, he is behind Morelos, Roofe & Sakala. He has a bit of skill, maybe Gio can find another level in him.

I'm sure the German club are happy we shortened the loan deal,

7 hours ago, beararse said:

He’s scored 6 goals (averaging a goal every 209 mins on the pitch) yet 2 we’re  screamers and a couple earned points in the tail end of games.

Was surprised we shipped him out in the first instance.

I think the lad could flourish  under GVB’s less complicated game plan.

Time will tell I suppose.

That's not bad stats for someone who is a striker getting played out wide, or not at all for long spells. 

He's a finisher...... that's his skill imo. You're right, I think the way Gio plays could well suit him. We would be silly not giving him a chance to prove himself to the new boss :tu:

10 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

I don't care what anyone says, You don't score goals like these if there's nothing about you as a footballer....

I don’t really rate him, think he’s very pedestrian and doesn’t have much ‘snap’ about him. 

Decent goals record at us though, and that was with Gerrard treating him like a bit of shite on his shoe. Hopefully with him as a CF and proper wingers he’ll come good, doubt it though. 

2 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

That's not bad stats for someone who is a striker getting played out wide, or not at all for long spells. 

He's a finisher...... that's his skill imo. You're right, I think the way Gio plays could well suit him. We would be silly not giving him a chance to prove himself to the new boss :tu:

34 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I don’t really rate him, think he’s very pedestrian and doesn’t have much ‘snap’ about him. 

Decent goals record at us though, and that was with Gerrard treating him like a bit of shite on his shoe. Hopefully with him as a CF and proper wingers he’ll come good, doubt it though. 

Nah not having that, Morelos, Roofe and Defoe all average 1 in 2. 6 in over 40 is horrendous.

5 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Nah not having that, Morelos, Roofe and Defoe all average 1 in 2. 6 in over 40 is horrendous.

Not saying he's good enough but 6 in 40 doesn't really paint the full picture when in terms of minutes on the pitch it's nearly a 1 in 2 record 

Just now, TheKingObv said:

Not saying he's good enough but 6 in 40 doesn't really paint the full picture when in terms of minutes on the pitch it's nearly a 1 in 2 record 

The reasons given for him having such a poor record will be he sometimes played 'out wide' or didn't start a lot

Roofe very rarely starts up front and the majority of Defoe's goals were off the bench so it's comparable to them 

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

The reasons given for him having such a poor record will be he sometimes played 'out wide' or didn't start a lot

Roofe very rarely starts up front and the majority of Defoe's goals were off the bench so it's comparable to them 

Not disagreeing on that, more the use of 6 in 40 as a measure of his goal record without context on minutes played.

1 minute ago, TheKingObv said:

Not disagreeing on that, more the use of 6 in 40 as a measure of his goal record without context on minutes played.

In isolation aye but I was comparing him with those players who have similar issues in terms of starting and not playing up front as that's the standard he needs to be at to compete with them

It makes commercial sense. He is in the Swiss squad and they are not a bad side. If he can bag a few goals for us and score a couple in the wc his valuation will shoot up. It’s worth the risk. He never got a chance this season after performing well in pre-season and scoring against Real Madrid and Arsenal (also Partick?)…ok he was given one game..Malmo where rest of team didn’t turn up.

This makes complete sense. Especially with Defoe leaving and the 5 substitutes rule back. I’m still not convinced that he will be a starter for us. His goals record is not great but he scored important goals for us. Coming off the bench when we were struggling to score and also doing the business in Europe. He always held the ball up well too. It is important to have options at a club like ours. I’d like to the Roy Mackaay could be a positive influence on his development. 

10 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Have an odd feeling he’s going to be outstanding under GVB :lol: 

Hope your right, seems like a good lad but perhaps a bit too nice on the pitch.

Got to admit from a lad of his size wouldn't mind seeing a bit more physicality from him in the box, make the ball his.

1 hour ago, southcoastbear said:

Got to admit from a lad of his size wouldn't mind seeing a bit more physicality from him in the box, make the ball his.

That’s a fair point

A lot his said about how deep he was made to play under Gerrard and that he was very rarely ever near the box, but he really did lack a noticeable aggression

Its not completely necessary but Morelos shows how beneficial it can be

1 hour ago, southcoastbear said:

Hopefully this is what Roy Mackay will be working on with him.