*****The Official Ross County v Rangers Match Thread*****

ElBufalo20

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

Some horrific individual errors today. I love McGregor but he looked every day of his 40 years.

Let's get to the crux of the issue in general here though. Our best most consistent winning football with this squad has been when we press high and retain possession in high areas. We won the league playing that way and have won the majority of our games playing that way and in fact it's the reason why celtic are closer this year than they were last year.

We have a squad with two attacking full backs who like to play high and we're currently playing with one of them at centre half. Now why the fuck do we continue to allow unnecesary pressure on ourselves when it has been proven time after time we cant cope with it and we thrive further up the park?

We need extra in midfield in regards to the roles that Arfield and Aribo play. However this shouldn't stop us from pressing high and winning the ball in the other teams half as we did it pretty successfully with Davis and Kamara for the vast majority of last season 

Spot on we can’t cope with the creeping press as we’ve showed numerous times. Back 4 way too slow shifting it, too many square passes then we’re squeezed and it’s back to the keeper, who has to just launch it. 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

We have been piss poor since the break. Pretend you’re confident all you like but it’s looking like Wednesday is going to be fucking grim 

As long as you ain't doing the team talk we'll be fine. Gutted at 2 point loss but the defence just made crazy mistakes and gifted three goals. Still 1 defeat in 64 games and should have won comfortably without the brainfarts. 

24 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Forget about style, if they can turn a deficit like that in a few weeks then we've got the wrong manager in charge 

Gio was the fans choice because we expected attacking football, we expected him to understand places like Pittodrie etc

So far he's clueless & added to that is the fact our dealings in the market have handed them the initiative 

If we lose on Wednesday and they go a point clear I would expect him to be under serious pressure 

Yes totally agree

1 minute ago, Kai_Johansen said:

Poor from McGregor. Itten and Roofe not good enough, anyone still thinks we can let Morelos go? 

4 points dropped from a winning position with a possible 40 million up for grabs, McGregor needs to produce a stellar performance on Wednesday! 

Honestly don't think he should play

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Ok, let’s talk about Kamara. He should’ve been subbed earlier. He’s been pish for quite a while and was rotten today. It’s all self perpetuating. Could go on and on, but some players look like they are burnt out. 

He was mince on Wednesday but played well today untill his ridiculous gifting of the ball to set up their corner.

Just now, ianferguson said:

As long as you ain't doing the team talk we'll be fine. Gutted at 2 point loss but the defence just made crazy mistakes and gifted three goals. Still 1 defeat in 64 games and should have won comfortably without the brainfarts. 

We will be fine? What's this based on? 

We have fucked away a 6 point lead in a few weeks and conceded 3 goals to one of the worst teams in the league. 

Not to mention we seem to be the masters at conceding late goals now too. 

Puff out the chest all you like but we are in a real bad place just now and the signs don't look good. 

4 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Yep and the results flatter the performance 

Today has been coming & we look totally lose

Wednesday is season defining now

Exactly, performances have been poor, end of story, anyone trying to dress it up any other way, has their head in the,sand. We've rode our luck and ground out results, but that can only last for so long, and it is now,drying up, tbh iam not really surprised, I could see this all coming before the,winter break.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

We will be fine? What's this based on? 

We have fucked away a 6 point lead in a few weeks and conceded 3 goals to one of the worst teams in the league. 

Not to mention we seem to be the masters at conceding late goals now too. 

Puff out the chest all you like but we are in a real bad place just now and the signs don't look good. 

My glass is always half full and its based on 64 games 1 defeat.

4 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

:lol:

Is that right aye. I didn’t do the team talk for the last 2 away games either and they turned out brilliant 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Too many people on here have forgotten what a title race actually is,we were spoiled rotten last season in the league. 

Cunts need to get a grip. 

This place must have been off the scale mental before 2012 when we where in proper title fights nearly every season 

Going into Wednesday we have shown that the half press works really well against them with the centre halfs having most of the touches. We can turn them pretty fast as well!

One issue that you can do that with Goldson and Helander/Balogun at centre half. He's done enough so far but I just don't see how Bassey has the concentration of positional sense to do that for 90 minutes.

Also will Gio actually press from the half way line or will he have us camped in our own third cause then we really will be fucked!

There is a degree of truth in the whole title race thing. It has been forgotten over the last few years. 

However the players have also forgotten about it and that is where I think the problem lies. This season is all about momentum over each quarter of the season. They have all the momentum in this quarter. 

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

How many times in these game threads do we say shite performance but I’ll take 3 points.

That’s not Rangers.

100% correct.

Been riding our luck, and it's,starting to run out.

Could see this coming weeks ago.

Our performances throughout 2021 were below standard, yes, even despite winning the league.

2022 doesn't look like improving 

15 minutes ago, LaaRFC said:

The game started so well. Goal in the first 10 mins, if we then play with the intensity we showed in the first 20 mins of the 2nd half the game is over by HT. Instead we sit back and allow them possession. 

Absolute must win on Wed now, their camp will be flying as they see the gap closing. 

Think these guys have had the legs run off them by the previous regime.

I don’t think they’re capable of maintaining the intensity we became used to.

I think we’ll rue failure to properly refresh the squad over the summer.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

This place must have been off the scale mental before 2012 when we where in proper title fights nearly every season 

Well yes but this season has reminded me of 11/12 for a long time football wise. Dreadful performances but getting wins and a decent lead them lose it so fast and overtaken at the peado ring.