*****The Official Ross County v Rangers Match Thread*****

ElBufalo20

It always amazes me how great this forum thinks the taigs are. Especially after Christmas when they no longer have the level playing field of reasonable opposition and unbiased referees.

They have absolutely rode their luck this year, and we should be looking for at least a draw from these cunts, who let's not forget, were too scared to fulfill the original scheduled fixture.

1 hour ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I'm not saying he didn't. Surely lessons should be learned then, if that's the case. 

It wasn't a dig there. I agree things should definitely change from just sitting back and accepting being a goal in front. The players need to leave the opposition in pain from our visit. This has not been acceptable by any means. 

I am hoping this will not be a repeat on Wednesday. 

Winter break and changes in squad has been absolutely terrible for us this season.

The only exception has been 55. Winter break seemed quite unaffected that season  

10 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

I had thought Roofe was a stick on to lead the line on Wednesday,  but agree other than being unlucky hitting a post was no better than Itten,  I. Know he needs game time,  but I.m leaning towards Fashion leading the line on Wednesday , 

The defence surely cant be as benevolent again  ? Perhaps Soutar might be in by then 

Likewise re Roofe & Wednesday mate.

Thought today would be a few more minutes in his legs, bit of a contribution & on to next week…

Not sure where we go - for whatever reason (often injury based) we have a whole host of players who aren’t firing on all cylinders at present.

Maybe it’s time to look to Fashion through the middle.

He doesn’t always have an end product but his pace & persistence should keep the beggars on their toes.

11 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

While I hope you are right I can't see how any of our fans can seriously think that on current form we will win on Wednesday.

Agreed.

But some of our better results there have come when we’ve least expected them.

And some of the worst when we’ve been super confident.

1 hour ago, DarnleyLoyal said:

McGregor can go take a flying fuck to himself, fucking stupid old cunt.

I was raging at him today but calling him a cunt is a bit much.

Have calmed down a bit myself. It was unacceptable overall our display today. There are many aspects of our play and performance that can be picked apart, and should be and hope to God they are.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We won 11 games by a single goal last season and were undefeated.

This narrative that we should won 3 or more each game is mental. Grinding out narrow wins is what makes teams champions!

Seems an age ago we could rely on our defence. Every game we go into the last 10 or so minutes with a narrow lead I'm convinced we will concede now. You could see a mile off today with how we sat back, I can't fathom how professional footballers can collectively all sit back for 10 when the previous 30 or so saw us have complete controll 

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

100% correct.

Been riding our luck, and it's,starting to run out.

Could see this coming weeks ago.

Our performances throughout 2021 were below standard, yes, even despite winning the league.

2022 doesn't look like improving 

Today was 3 absolute schoolboy fuck ups, 2 from a guy who’s big mistakes you can probably count on one hand over a 4 year period. 

We were far better than them, played better, and deserved the win. We threw it away. 

We need to sort the individual mistakes out, or we’ll throw away the league as well. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Today was 3 absolute schoolboy fuck ups, 2 from a guy who’s big mistakes you can probably count on one hand over a 4 year period. 

We were far better than them, played better, and deserved the win. We threw it away. 

We need to sort the individual mistakes out, or we’ll throw away the league as well. 

I get today happens sometimes but the problem I have is how it affects confidence and momentum. We now need to build that back up again by winning 7 of the next 8 whereas that should’ve been 2 out of 2 for the week going into the OF in relatively good form. Just frustrating all in

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Draw is never a bad result but it isn't a good Rangers result. 

Sometimes we need to pragmatic and just maintain any points lead we have, so a draw is acceptable.  We were honking today defensively, but I don’t expect a repeat on Wednesday, and I’m still confident we will score there, as they are no rest shakes either.  A win for us is still very likely.

Just want us to stop this sh**e of trying to see out a game when we have a slender single goal lead.

If we're pressing  the opposition and the balls up their end of the pitch they ain't scoring at our end. It's not rocket science. Sitting back and allowing teams to come to us always has the potential for a jammy deflection or a cock up between the defenders. Now that's something we appear to be very good at

Old saying that you have to learn by your mistakes...but we don't seem to be grasping that.

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

We lost the game because we gifted them three goals. Stop blaming the forwards. Roofe was unlucky.

Sakala chance as well a decent striker would have lifted it over the keeper as he had already gone down, we need strikers who can score.

The backline and goalie were shit today but they are always under pressure as all our strikers cannot score as much as the jobbers at average teams.

2 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

There’s the difference   Twice they score in the last minute with 10 men🤮

Spot-on.  Attitude. 

We get back in front and can't defend a lead in stoppage time.  They go down to 10 men and score a last minute winner.   

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Spot-on.  Attitude. 

We get back in front and can't defend a lead in stoppage time.  They go down to 10 men and score a last minute winner.   

7 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

There’s the difference   Twice they score in the last minute with 10 men🤮

3 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

That's the sort of shit that's going to make a big difference in who ends up winning the league.

C'mon lads it's a bit early to wave the white flag.