*****The Official Nonce FC v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

4 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Drank a few glasses of whiskey and on my 4th bottle of bud starting to feel it :lol: Either going to be a fucking drunken annoyed mess later or i will be keeping the neighbours up with the sash.

:lol: That's why I'm trying to hold on to as late as possible. I'll be necking it as soon as I start.

2 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

This will be key tonight. Really need to move that ball forward as quickly and as directly as possible if we are stuck in our own half. Don't want to see tippy tappy pass for passings sake and keeping possession. We really need direct 2 or 3 passes to get into their half as quick as possible

Especially in the early part of the game. I think being able to keep the ball will improve as the game goes on. As much as they can hurt us early on, we can stretch them just as fast and the crazy thing is I dont think they know we can!

2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

The only positive I would say about Itten starting is he gets into decent positions and  will occupy their central defenders.

Roofe tends to drop deep where as Itten will stay nearer the top allowing Amad and Kent more 1v1s with their full backs.

Fair enough. Roofe can be a decent impact sub. Sakala on later to stretch the game I suppose too 

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

The only positive I would say about Itten starting is he gets into decent positions and  will occupy their central defenders.

Roofe tends to drop deep where as Itten will stay nearer the top allowing Amad and Kent more 1v1s with their full backs.

The problem with that is we will rarely be in a position to feed the ball to Itten in the box, as Itten is completely incapable of holding off the defender to help get us up the park in the same way Morelos or Roofe can. If Itten starts you can guarantee we will be camped inside our own half struggling to get out.