*****The Official Nonce FC v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

I know we all took the piss out of Postecoglu for his “we stop at half time and full time” shite, but from what I saw yesterday, they really do know how to relentlessly keep teams under the cosh. When they had any set piece- corner, by kick, throw in, the lot- they wanted to take it immediately. Didn’t give DU any time to regroup. 

I contrast that to us who seem to want to take fucking ages to do anything, especially corners. We are far too patient for my liking, and don’t do enough moving off the ball. We need to stop making four passes when one will do.

1 minute ago, Bydo said:

I know we all took the piss out of Postecoglu for his “we stop at half time and full time” shite, but from what I saw yesterday, they really do know how to relentlessly keep teams under the cosh. When they had any set piece- corner, by kick, throw in, the lot- they wanted to take it immediately. Didn’t give DU any time to regroup. 

I contrast that to us who seem to want to take fucking ages to do anything, especially corners. We are far too patient for my liking, and don’t do enough moving off the ball. We need to stop making four passes when one will do.

From what I saw of their game Utd gave them all the space in the world to make passes, Jota was allowed freedom to run the wing and make crosses, something he’s good at, if we sit back we’re stuffed 

8 minutes ago, Bydo said:

look at their injuries. you have seen them against teams who can actually attack. they were lucky against Hearts and they got lucky yesterday. 

3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

From what I saw of their game Utd gave them all the space in the world to make passes, Jota was allowed freedom to run the wing and make crosses, something he’s good at, if we sit back we’re stuffed 

D utd sat low block, we wont thats the difference. they will be worried about Kent, Roofe, Diallo

we have plenty of pace and don't sit in with low block, totally different game. with the amount of injuries, call ups, suspensions they have it will be criminal if they win, questions should be asked from the management and players. 

Our front 5 will have them on their toes, not sitting in defending. 

The only thing im worried about is our defence leaking more shite goals. im confident of getting at least 2 unless its a disaster. 

5 minutes ago, demise said:

2008 they hid behind the death of O''Donnel(god rest his soul). A month ago they hid behind covid restrictions. 2008 they got away with it and won the title. Please dont let it happen again, Rangers. 1-0(Diallo) would do. 

We’ve ended up in a better position with squad depth compared to them but we fucked it for ourselves in the last two away games.

19 hours ago, MorelosRangers said:

What makes anyone think we can win this when we can't defeat the sheep and ross county?

I have a fear we'll concede early and it'll be a long night. 2 or 3 down at half time then we'll pull one back when they tire 2nd half.

A know mate we’ve never dropped points against shity teams before then went to the pigsty and got a result 

1 hour ago, BigBearButt said:

Id be starting Sakala before Roofe. Roofe has been every bit as bad as Itten has when given an opportunity. Roofe when fully fit and firing is a great player the problem is he has about 3 of those games a season... the rest of the time he is either injured or coming back from injury. A fully fit Sakala should be given the nod.

Sakala seems a good idea for balls in behind but will offer a lot less when we're building to their final third. Roofe can link up play, is smarter at getting into trianges and is an absolute threat in the box. Given the chances that we will get on Wednesday he'll take them. I'm not going to write him off cause he missed one chance yesterday, he also nearly scored from absolutely nothing chance!

I think you're being harsh on Roofe in terms of "3 games". He's scored 16 in 23 starts for us in the league since he's joined. So it's a wee bit more than 3!

1 hour ago, sausagetrunks said:

Roofe change the game for me yesterday, held the play up, ball actually stuck to his feet, let us get out and attack, i also thought sakala was good too, the way celtic play is made for us especially with so may of their players out. 

He made a difference but was still pretty poor, must have under hit simple little 10 yard lay offs about 3 or 4 times (probably the weather didn't help), should have scored with an airshot,  he's still not upto top speed, but even a 75% Roofe is miles more effective than Itten.

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

Their 90th minute winner yesterday gives them momentum, nothing more! They are not better than us! All about the midfield battle for me, win that & we’ll win the game! 

they where very lucky not to drop 4 points in their last two games,  Hearts score that pen they would have went on to win.  90th min yesterday. thas papering over big cracks. 

We should have enough quality to win on wed. 

2 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Their 90th minute winner yesterday gives them momentum, nothing more! They are not better than us! All about the midfield battle for me, win that & we’ll win the game! 

This ☝️ 

They have some momentum going but they are very beatable.

Let's not forget as well their midfield is decimated with injuries and now they have a suspension on top of it. 

We have to come out and take control right away. They start quickly so need to be ready. If we do that they'll struggle because they are used to having things their own way. 

5 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

they where very lucky not to drop 4 points in their last two games,  Hearts score that pen they would have went on to win.  90th min yesterday. thas papering over big cracks. 

We should have enough quality to win on wed. 

I wish I had your confidence. Not looking forward to this game at all. 

8 minutes ago, Zetland said:

I wish I had your confidence. Not looking forward to this game at all. 

tbh i wouldn't be too confident if they were at full strength, they have 6-7 starters missing. Yesterday result was down to individual errors, uncharacteristically from AM, people blaming GIO, it was 3 errors, 2 goal keeping errors and Bassey. GIO can do nothing about it. it was unlucky, they got off the hook against hearts. Hearts missed a pen and battered them 2nd half, utd parked the bus and it took a 90 min goal. 

I will be very disappointed if we don't take something from this game but circumstances im expecting a win. we are not D utd, were not going to sit in and not attack, we have quality and pace all over the pitch. they will be very worried of Aribo and our front 3.  

18 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

This ☝️ 

They have some momentum going but they are very beatable.

Let's not forget as well their midfield is decimated with injuries and now they have a suspension on top of it. 

We have to come out and take control right away. They start quickly so need to be ready. If we do that they'll struggle because they are used to having things their own way. 

thats it, every decent side this year has exposed them, most team in the spl just sit in and surender the ball. 

Kent, sakala, roofe, Daillo Aribo, they will be very very worried about being picked off. 

34 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

I’m not confident at all because we have been playing shite for weeks. 

Apparently you aren’t allowed to tell the truth. You should just have blind faith that we’ll scud them even though there is fuck all evidence of that happening.

2 hours ago, sausagetrunks said:

Roofe change the game for me yesterday, held the play up, ball actually stuck to his feet, let us get out and attack, i also thought sakala was good too, the way celtic play is made for us especially with so may of their players out. 

If Roofe had started it would probably have been a better outcome. Playing an hour with Itten was as good as being a man down 

16 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Apparently you aren’t allowed to tell the truth. You should just have blind faith that we’ll scud them even though there is fuck all evidence of that happening.

It's a fitba forum mate. Anyone can say what they want. You can think we're getting battered and say we will go 5 at the back and I can say it sounds like you're shiting your briefs. All about opinions.

Honestly think some posters missed us beating them when big Ehiogu scored or when we were in the championship. We have been worse with worse teams and won.

3 hours ago, sausagetrunks said:

Spot on. Roofe came on and actually held the ball and brought others into the game. Itten offered literally fuck all.