*****The Official Nonce FC v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

38 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We shouldn’t ever be bringing a defensive midfielder on to protect a 1 goal lead against the utter dross that is Scottish football.

I could understand it in Europe but everyone outside of the old firm in Scotland is fucking wank. 

That's what should have been addressed in this window especially after Hagi getting injured. We've got Aribo and Arfield and then after that it's a lot to rely on Lowry if either if they two got injured or need replace with a 1 goal lead!

Not that it's Lundstram's fault today but I don't see how Arfield couldnt just have played the last 6/7 minutes and keep the shape. Mind you by that point we were getting deeper and deeper!

1 minute ago, MorelosRangers said:

What makes anyone think we can win this when we can't defeat the sheep and ross county?

I have a fear we'll concede early and it'll be a long night. 2 or 3 down at half time then we'll pull one back when they tire 2nd half.

We're the Champions. We've lost once in 60 odd league games. They've not beat us in years. We have a stronger squad. We will have a stronger 11 on Wednesday. They will be missing more key players than us. They're not necessarily playing well (neither are we). They're too open (we're probably too pragmatic). They can be got at (so can we).

There's also a possibility some could see them as favourites. That could suit us.

It won't be easy but there's plenty reasons to believe we can win this. If we continue with silly, unnecessary individual errors though we're not going to make it easy for ourselves.

11 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

What makes anyone think we can win this when we can't defeat the sheep and ross county?

I have a fear we'll concede early and it'll be a long night. 2 or 3 down at half time then we'll pull one back when they tire 2nd half.

We’ll raise our game, have a good Old Firm record and on paper are a stronger XI for Wednesday 

1 hour ago, The true baller said:

Take a draw. If we had Alfy I think we'd beat them at a canter.

take a draw? i watched them earlier, they were fuciing awful lol, yes we dropped points today due to individual errors but IMO we will be too strong for them. 

They will come at us and leave themselves wide open, they wont double and treble up on players, they will leave loads of space to exploit. which is right up our street. i see nothing but a win from a better side with superior players. they got lucky today and 2 players cost us points. 

No itten or bassey or we riot. 

I believe this is the game that will make the minds up of alot of players on GVB. Under pervious manager we had a way of playing in these games that made us successful usually. 

If we go in play with the usual openness as seen in midfield under Gio and loss alot of these players will see straight through his bs tactics imo

Rightly or wrongly alot of these players still won't be convinced about Gio troops 

1 hour ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

3rd post before the inevitable "I'd take a draw" I won't and never will accept a draw against they bastard. 

I'm fucking scunnered seeing the amount of defeatist, shat the bed posters today saying they've won the league and will pump us etc.

We go at them and they need to score 2 to get anything out it!

McGregor

Tav   Goldson   Souttar( hopefully) Borna

Jack   Kamara

Aribo

Diallo            Roofe          Kent

But I have a feeling we could see us play for a point. With Aribo taking the rw position n Sands Kamara Arfield in the midfield 🙈

3-1 Gers and I think that will burst there bubble

15 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

celtic were lucky to beat Hearts and d utd. they are terrible too.  they will play open and expansive football. they will get picked off with pace and quality.  they will not sit in parking the bus. they are all out to win and that suits us. it would be different had they not so many injuries etc. Bitton out top after 2nd yellow, they are down to bare bones.  we are winning this imo. 

2 players cost us 3 goals today, thats a fact and there is nothing we can do but suck it up but IMO we will be too strong fro celtic on, How many their players played in oldfirm game? they were lucky today and Lucky against Hearts. they could have easily dropped 4 points in last two games, now they have their hardest game of season coming up. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

This was their team today. They’ve also got Bitton missing now. Any cunt that fears this needs to get a grip.

15Hart

56Ralston

20Carter-Vickers

4Starfelt

5Scales

33O'Riley

6Bitton

41Hatate

11Abada

7Giakoumakis

49Forrest

Their results are great. I agree team looks pish. This game is everything either way I'd imagine.

41 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Ffs talk about a defeatist attitude, get a fuckin grip man!

17 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Barely even concede I'm Scotland 

This. Don’t know why our fans keep shouting that their defence is shit? Ours just conceded three today and they’ve got the best defensive record in the league, wish Alfie was here for this.

Just now, muldoon1690 said:

This. Don’t know why our fans keep shouting that their defence is shit? Ours just conceded three today and they’ve got the best defensive record in the league, wish Alfie was here for this.

I personally don't think it's good, but pathetic opposition and their attacking/possession football means they won't concede much in the spl. Gios negative tactics would also help, let's hope he's let's our players loose on Wednesday.