Gio

18 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Can't help but watch his press conferences and feel underwhelmed at times 

Guy appears to have no personality so its not surprising. Even at that what he says seems to lack any real insight too - language barrier or not.

42 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Guy appears to have no personality so its not surprising. Even at that what he says seems to lack any real insight too - language barrier or not.

He’s obviously just not that comfortable in front of the cameras, and that’s ok. To say he’s got no personality is ridiculous. He captained his country to a World Cup final fs. 

19 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Aye, he's quite robotic but I'd assume/hope he's not like that off camera. To be fair I felt Gerrard was generally pretty great with the media, so Gio looks worse as well by comparison.

1 hour ago, TheKingObv said:

The guy knows his stuff. Show a little faith. We can and will win this league under his management imo.

11 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Aye, he's quite robotic but I'd assume/hope he's not like that off camera. To be fair I felt Gerrard was generally pretty great with the media, so Gio looks worse as well by comparison.

Gerrard was great with the media but the fans still saw through his bullshit plenty of times, some of gerrards press conferences were fucking brutal to listen to as it was just soundbites

Lile williamson says, fuck listening to any of them from anyone, its all for the cameras

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Gerrard was great with the media but the fans still saw through his bullshit plenty of times, some of gerrards press conferences were fucking brutal to listen to as it was just soundbites

Lile williamson says, fuck listening to any of them from anyone, its all for the cameras

fair play. Aye I felt he was well trained tho, but def fed plenty bullshit.

On 09/03/2022 at 22:14, JackAlex93 said:

Doesn’t give me any confidence that the players are buying into his messages when he’s that dour. I do realise how stupid that sounds after the last couple of European results we’ve had. 

3 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Gio: "I think tonight uhhhhhhhhhhhhh we play well and we manage to uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh take our chances and I uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh think was very hectic and uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just pleased

I'd love to see you speaking Dutch. 

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

Doesn’t give me any confidence that the players are buying into his messages when he’s that dour. I do realise how stupid that sounds after the last couple of European results we’ve had. 

Well at least something positive came out of your post 

Tbh I was done with GvB after the draw with Motherwell as I thought he was as much to blame as the players but fair fucks to him he has pulled out a few cracking tactical performances in Europe.

Needs to get the balance right domestically, personally I would go all out attack now as the games are piling up.

Cracking result tonight but domestic games are still our bread and butter. If he can crack them we will be alright, but he needs to turn these draws into wins and he needs to do it quickly.

Some players need to take a look at themselves too. Finding another level on a big European night isn’t an uncommon thing, but they can’t keep following it up with what they have been serving up in domestic games. They need to show more consistency in their performances.