Kent

ForeverAndEver

6 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

But what's the difference between Kent and Gio? Both have been underachieving lately and improved yesterday but only one gives a 'round ye' to his critics?

Kent gives him the chance to say he was right

Kent was good yesterday but then again so was the whole team.

He plays better when those around him are playing well. Those that expect him to be able to carry the team on an off day are going to be disappointed. He is not that kind of a player.

He never hides and will track back which I like in him. On the whole I am happy with his contribution to the team.

11 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

That's the kind of performance we need from Kent 8 games out of 10. 

Has to be for 7 million. His stats this season is that compared of livingston players for ex.

Had to be 8/10 every week at the very least  easy on 30k a week too id say

33 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

But what's the difference between Kent and Gio? Both have been underachieving lately and improved yesterday but only one gives a 'round ye' to his critics?

Maybe that Kent has proven his worth in the past with us and Gio hasn't (yet) as a manager? Just a guess..

How is Kent still taking a slagging on here FFS?! 🤣🤣

He could get 3 assists per game for the rest of the season and the usual posters will be on telling us how shite he was in December.

He also did some decent work tracking back yesterday and may have even fired in a cheeky slide tackle.

3 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

Answered this earlier and for some reason it didn't post.

Kent wasn't that dissimilar yesterday to how he near enough always is imo.

Very regularly sets up a couple of clear chances per game and yesterday they go in and he gets the plaudits, and the chances he creates that don't go in get forgotten about.

Even at his absolute worst in the scum game he created two where at least one has to be scored.

So I never wanted him dropped because I rate what he brings to us.

He's frustrating though as he should be aiming for up to 20 goals and 20 assists a season and he's miles off that.

Gio on the other hand I have no real confidence in yet. One good win doesn't change that but if he gets us on a run and has us win the league I'll buy into it.

Don't care what any cunt says, we can't lose this league to the fenians from the position of strength we were in comparative to them.

3 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Answered this earlier and for some reason it didn't post.

Kent wasn't that dissimilar yesterday to how he near enough always is imo.

Very regularly sets up a couple of clear chances per game and yesterday they go in and he gets the plaudits, and the chances he creates that don't go in get forgotten about.

Even at his absolute worst in the scum game he created two where at least one has to be scored.

So I never wanted him dropped because I rate what he brings to us.

He's frustrating though as he should be aiming for up to 20 goals and 20 assists a season and he's miles off that.

Gio on the other hand I have no real confidence in yet. One good win doesn't change that but if he gets us on a run and has us win the league I'll buy into it.

Don't care what any cunt says, we can't lose this league to the fenians from the position of strength we were in comparative to them.

Who else in the past has ever hit they numbers ?

8 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Has to be for 7 million. His stats this season is that compared of livingston players for ex.

Had to be 8/10 every week at the very least  easy on 30k a week too id say

He’s not on anywhere near that. 

8 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Kent was good yesterday but then again so was the whole team.

He plays better when those around him are playing well. Those that expect him to be able to carry the team on an off day are going to be disappointed. He is not that kind of a player.

You could apply this statement to every winger/ wide midfielder that I've watched in a Rangers shirt over the past 50 years :lol:  

Davie Cooper would have been slated most weeks if social media had been around then , and yet everyone knew how much of a difference he could make . 

FWIW , I think Kent comes under more scrutiny than others due to the money we paid for him , keeping him fit and in Sunday's form will be vital over the next couple of months .

3 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

You could apply this statement to every winger/ wide midfielder that I've watched in a Rangers shirt over the past 50 years :lol:  

Davie Cooper would have been slated most weeks if social media had been around then , and yet everyone knew how much of a difference he could make . 

FWIW , I think Kent comes under more scrutiny than others due to the money we paid for him , keeping him fit and in Sunday's form will be vital over the next couple of months .

We have a habit of doing that. Look up the Rangers dictionary and under Tore Andre Flo it will say "useless flop" despite him having 29 goals in 53 games which wasn't bad. 

Anyway back on point 🤣

41 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Hopefully Sunday's performance rekindles something in him for the rest of this season

It couldn't come at a better time for us if we suddenly have Jack, Kent, Lundstram firing and contributing to the team in a big way

We need those key players to lift the rest of the team and get that performance from them week in week out. If we can go toe to toe with them until we take them at Ibrox we can win this league.