*****Official St Johnstone vs Rangers match thread*****

.Williamson.

41 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m not conceding the league either. I’ll still be at Ibrox at the weekend. It’s not over till it’s over. 

But just taking the blue specs off, we’ve absolutely collapsed and now are looking like we’ll have to win all our games including going to their midden and winning if we want this title. I can’t see us doing it. I just don’t think this group has it in them. 

Sunday was absolutely schoolboy stuff, and we shat the bed again.

Couldn’t agree more. If they end up winning this league, it’s the biggest onfield collapse since Advocaat, given our position of strength from last season.

And while Gio (and Gerrard) could've done better with some things, this will be solely on the players for me.  Too many haven’t turned up this season and too many have a shockingly weak mentality. 

8 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

I'd go with a more attacking variation of the system we finished against Dortmund.

McLaughlin 

Balogun Helander Bassey

Tav Lowry lundstram Kamara Barasic

Morelos Sakala

Rests a good few players we need to be 100% for the coming week.

Helander no available for selection, otherwise don’t mind that. 

think Lowry deserves another crack. If Diallo had come in and given performances equal to what Lowry has shown, no chance he’s dropped. 

Hopefully another example of this squad being embarrassed enough by their last performance, to try to make up for it with a fast start and some aggression.

I was more confident about that happening against Hearts at Ibrox than tonight, but please Rangers?

2 hours ago, southcoastbear said:

I'd go with a more attacking variation of the system we finished against Dortmund.

McLaughlin 

Balogun Helander Bassey

Tav Lowry lundstram Kamara Barasic

Morelos Sakala

Rests a good few players we need to be 100% for the coming week.

Rest players???

Dreading them scoring first.

Reality is a few weeks ago I'd be expecting us to take 4 or 5 off them here and now I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped points.

That said, I think if we can get 2,3,4 wins in a row we will go on a very good run until the end of the season.

17 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Potential to be absolutely toxic tonight if we don't win.

I said it a few days ago, but we have a Hamilton at home result on the horizon. With the announcement of this jolly down under to welcome home Angeball, it feels like the stars are aligning for that result to happen tonight and for things to get very ugly.

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

I’ll be genuinely surprised if we win tonight

Seems like it’ll only delay the inevitable of throwing the title away against Aberdeen on Saturday in that shiny anniversary kit

Partner that with the Australia stuff, it’s an absolute given this season completely unfolds herein. Of all the things going on in the world and it’s that disgraceful decision by the board that’s scunnered me well and truly

Signing oot

If we get 6 points from our next 2 I’ll be shocked

Absolutely fucking scunnered with how this season is going and this Australia pish just tops off a horrific 2022 so far 

12 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Rest no one, play strongest team availible :thumbup:

Yeah play the likes of Ryan Jack two to three times a week then when he injured and not available let's load up the responsibility on some poor lad with no experience or expect the likes of Steven Davis to perform when hes no played in weeks.

Then people can come on here and moan like hell about the fact it's no worked and we've effectively handed the mhanks the title and €40M + into the bargain.

16 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Yeah play the likes of Ryan Jack two to three times a week then when he injured and not available let's load up the responsibility on some poor lad with no experience or expect the likes of Steven Davis to perform when hes no played in weeks.

Then people can come on here and moan like hell about the fact it's no worked and we've effectively handed the mhanks the title and €40M + into the bargain.

You're suggesting Lowry should play tonight though?

McLaughlin

Tavernier Goldson Balogun Bassey

Lundstram Kamara 

Aribo

Sakala Morelos Kent

Really hope McGregor is dropped before he drops us any more points. Ideally Goldson would go too but sadly we don’t have the numbers at the back to handle that. Failure to get a result tonight will probably derail our season the way things are going at the minute. Must win.