*****Official Rangers vs Aberdeen match thread*****

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Agreed 100% mate.

Canny believe the stick Gio is getting in this thread. He's doing a fantastic job imo and I for one believe he will lead us to 56 this season.

6 out of 6 points when we’ve played poor yet droppings points when the football has been good due to poor finishing and defensive mistakes.

We’ll win this league as they’ll drop points due to their shit defence.

14 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

He'll be shitting himself now, closing down his Social Media and trying to become the victim. 

Hope someone leathers him TBH.

Same. He might be a young lad, but no excuses for this at all. Scummy as heck. 

Wonder if that is his Da beside him? If so, he deserves a smack as well. 

3 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Listened to Hagi today and he was banging on about the game plan and how players have to stick to it.

It's Gio's awful game plans that have caused us to look so bad in the league. Mind you I would take turgid and uninspiring 1-0 wins in every league game until the end of the season. 

Having serious doubts about Gio.

You can't have doubts about Gio without looking at the big picture. 

Our star players are tired. Morelos, Aribo and Kent are noticeably off because they have played 6 games in 18 days. They are not machines.

It's no surprise Kamara was named man of the match. He is fresh.

Gio got rightfully slated for not making subs against St Johnstone but is getting it tight for his substitutions today. You can't complain both ways. It's either-or.

I agreed with resting Arfield & Lundstram today. I don't even think they should have come on. They still looked tired from overplaying.

Gio has to trust minutes to players like Sands, Lowry & Wright if you want to compete in Europe as well.

13 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Listened to Hagi today and he was banging on about the game plan and how players have to stick to it.

It's Gio's awful game plans that have caused us to look so bad in the league. Mind you I would take turgid and uninspiring 1-0 wins in every league game until the end of the season. 

Weird considering how they play away in Europe. 

Driving me insane that Ibrox was considered a fortress when we won 55. 

Still...we won today, thankfully. Just wish it was a comfortable win. 

10 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Completely agree, but it was the right sub after all. Would Morelos have been in there?

With the way they were defending, I'd have rather 2 strikers in the box and one less midfielder considering we were clearly relying on wide play to score. 

16 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Interesting because I saw absolutely no gameplan today or in recent weeks. 

We changed tactics about 3 times in the first half!

I'm holding my thoughts on Gio until he has a full summer and pre-season under his belt. 

Remember this isn't his squad. Few loans in January aside. 

Gerrard was struggling to get much out of this squad mind, 2-0 down to Aberdeen at the last game at Ibrox after 15 minutes which finished 2-2. 

I want to see Gio get some of his targets in then I'll judge. But it is slightly concerning, although we're not conceding much, unlike at the end of Gerrards tenure.

8 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

With the way they were defending, I'd have rather 2 strikers in the box and one less midfielder considering we were clearly relying on wide play to score. 

Think I covered that in my OP mate 👍

5 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

We changed tactics about 3 times in the first half!

Gio did, or the players simply didn't play the plan at all, a lot of people have been banging on about gio not trusting his players, maybe its because they dont play the way he wants them to, but he cant drop them because there isnt much like for like quality on the bench to do so

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You can't have doubts about Gio without looking at the big picture. 

Our star players are tired. Morelos, Aribo and Kent are noticeably off because they have played 6 games in 18 days. They are not machines.

It's no surprise Kamara was named man of the match. He is fresh.

Gio got rightfully slated for not making subs against St Johnstone but is getting it tight for his substitutions today. You can't complain both ways. It's either-or.

I agreed with resting Arfield & Lundstram today. I don't even think they should have come on. They still looked tired from overplaying.

Gio has to trust minutes to players like Sands, Lowry & Wright if you want to compete in Europe as well.

His unwillingness to use the squad does my head in. It could be the difference between seeing this over the line and not. 

For me there is no reason why a player like Wright cant come in and play alongside two of Morelos, Roofe, Kent, Aribo. Just dont play him up there with Itten and a very raw Lowry for example.

Same goes for Sands. I understand why we didnt start Balogun today, he himself has said and shown plenty of times he cant play twice in a week but why do we persist with Bassey at centre half when we have options there (completely ignoring Helander to)?

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

His unwillingness to use the squad does my head in. It could be the difference between seeing this over the line and not. 

For me there is no reason why a player like Wright cant come in and play alongside two of Morelos, Roofe, Kent, Aribo. Just dont play him up there with Itten and a very raw Lowry for example.

Same goes for Sands. I understand why we didnt start Balogun today, he himself has said and shown plenty of times he cant play twice in a week but why do we persist with Bassey at centre half when we have options there (completely ignoring Helander to)?

Exactly. Sands instead of Lundstram and Wright instead of Arfield. 

Rest means rest.

10 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Weird considering how they play away in Europe. 

Driving me insane that Ibrox was considered a fortress when we won 55. 

Still...we won today, thankfully. Just wish it was a comfortable win. 

I would complete disregard last season as something to compare with, a completely wild and unheard of season in which everything fell into place for us at the right time, barely any covid cases, tarriers riddled with it twice and imploding twice etc

Pre covid, sheep had beaten us more than we beat them iirc, infact we had a few bogey teams that this squad simply couldn't overcome

That was a shambles today Goldson & McGregors distribution was disgraceful at the back .

As for the midfield side and back passes for most of the game not good enough.

Kamara especially lost count how many times today he opted to linger on the ball and lost out numerous times as well as reverting to side and back passing upshot the move was dead in the water .

Aribo needs dropped he was constantly caught in possession that press on the midfield was nowhere as intense as it was against Dundee utd ,Kent out wide ineffective as was Morelos barely a decent move the whole game .service was abysmal.

Time the management got to grips with the lack of creativity it will have an impact on our run in unless it's addressed with Red Star looming the team looks bereft of ideas in even the basics at times to break down these defensive minded opposition's .

It says something when Tav & Borna covered so much ground to retrieve or ward off a threat in the first 20-30 minutes that pretty much happened due to the inept passing and lack of ball control from our players .

Happy to get three points but midway through that second half myself and those around me all spoke of being resigned to a chronic 0-0 that could have seriously damaged any defence of our League Title.

25 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

6 out of 6 points when we’ve played poor yet droppings points when the football has been good due to poor finishing and defensive mistakes.

We’ll win this league as they’ll drop points due to their shit defence.

Their shit defence has conceded 7 goals less than ours in the league. If we want to win it we’ll need to beat them home & away imo.