In the League, We Last Scored from a Corner..

Clemdog

9 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

On Wednesday the 15th of December, we've had 90 corners since then.

Beyond pathetic and needs to be worked on, difficult to even get excited when we get one.

Attacking and defending we are horrific. Next to no threat when we win one and panic when we concede one. 

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Don’t think Tav’s delivery is anywhere near as bad as people on here make out. 

Another point is put pressure on their GK, the continual outswingers seem to play into the opposition's hands. 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

It doesn't help when neither centre halfs Balogun nor Helander are out of the team. Heading a ball is not Bassey's strong point.

Helander against celtic is the last one I remember.

Morelos scored against St Johnstone, it was a touch on from Goldson and Morelos finished.

So I'm being kind in a way because Goldson probably meant to try and score. :lol: 

Helander did score vs Annan directly from a corner.

We are poor at corners, but it's no surprise when there's 20 players in the box. Always seems to be Goldson that's set up as the target man too. 

We're the same at free-kicks. I think we have to play smarter and not just lump high balls in. Need to get a few routines rehearsed, try draw some players back out the box before swinging in a high ball.....or, heaven forbid actually take a shot! 

1 hour ago, GabrielTomato said:

Another point is put pressure on their GK, the continual outswingers seem to play into the opposition's hands. 

Fucking hate them, defenders love them as they are attacking the ball going away from goal, 

Funnily enough the helander one against the beasts was an inswinger

2 hours ago, GabrielTomato said:

On Wednesday the 15th of December, we've had 90 corners since then.

Beyond pathetic and needs to be worked on, difficult to even get excited when we get one.

If you get 100 corners you can expect 17 of them to end in shots and 3 of them to end in goals. Not as bad as it sounds. Hardly anyone scores from corners. 

30 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Weird that Goldson seems to be the target man. Hardly if ever has scored from a corner in his career. The last one I can Remember from him was Dundee Utd away last season. 

Not the last one he scored by any means, but he has done it

46 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Weird that Goldson seems to be the target man. Hardly if ever has scored from a corner in his career. The last one I can Remember from him was Dundee Utd away last season. 

County away in August 

22 minutes ago, fuckthespl said:

I prefer inswinging corners as it only takes a flick on it to get a chance / scramble in the box. We keep persisting with outswining corners which defenders are heading rather easily.

I couldn't care which way ye want to swing, ye need some big aggressive sod who's prepared to go and make the ball his.

Ideally more than one so even if they dont get the ball they create panic in the opposition defence.