This teams legacy

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Unless they win the Europa League it’ll mean very little in the future, no sense lying about it. One trophy out of whatever it is so far is piss poor and that’s what will be remembered 

Ffs mate stole my thunder

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Unless they win the Europa League it’ll mean very little in the future, no sense lying about it. One trophy out of whatever it is so far is piss poor and that’s what will be remembered 

look mate, fair enough. I just think doing so well in Europe and last season means the legacy should be more positive than negative.

But totally get what you are saying.

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

The team deserves a lot of credit for putting Rangers back on the map in Europe, 100%. 

I just can't shake the domestic bit of it in exchange for a European last 16 spot tbh. If we win the whole thing, then it's a different story and I can just about accept us not winning the league - we can dream. 

fair play

Just now, CoplandRoad83 said:

look mate, fair enough. I just think doing so well in Europe and last season means the legacy should be more positive than negative.

But totally get what you are saying.

Aye but we don’t win the league then all we have done is gifted celtic 30 odd million 

Just now, psb07158 said:

To cheer you up again mate

Cheers !! Was there mate. Fucking amazing.

Some buzz. Still flying.  We are a giant. No club like us. Probably talking pish as wrecked but we are incredible when we get on the front foot and have the crowd behidn us.  Wish we could have the savvy to deal with the shite at home but Europe knows who we fucking are,

I said it in the match thread last night but we cannot ignore the magnitude of this result if we complete the tie over in Belgrade.

If we do it'll be the 4th time since '72 that the club has reached a European QF after the EC QF in '79 & '88 along with the UEFA Cup in 2008. It would be also be the 4th time in 30 years a Scottish club has reached a European QF.

As frustrating as this squad can be they deserve massive credit if they pull this off. We obviously could get pumped out in the next round but we really have to enjoy this and not take it for granted. We, or any Scottish clubs, just dont get to this stage in Europe anymore.

Edit - 92-93 could also be considered the Quarter Finals as we got through the round of 32 & 16 to be in the last 8. Only difference being it was, of course, a group stage rather than a typicall Quarter Final KO.

Best I've seen is in Europe by far consistency and performance wise. If we finish the job next week they will get the respect they deserve by reaching quarters, and at that stage you never know.

Domestically they are underachieving so far, we have been the best team since gerrards second season and to only win 1 trophy is/would be bad. You just hope they can find the spark required to win the league yet, long over Cup win would be nice too.