*****The Official Champions vs scum Thread*****

Essandoh

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Mad init, go read the first half of the Dundee thread and he was a disaster and now everyone’s buzzing he’ll play :lol: 

Personally think it's crazy to start him purely from a tactical point of view. He's never played in an OF, the game will be 100mph and he's still trying to get match sharpness back, we can't afford him taking 30/40 minutes to get up to speed with the game.

However the lift he gives the place, both fans and players, might be worth it, definitely a tough one for Gio.

19 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Jack, Lundstram,

Ramsey

absolutely must be the midfield 3 and that just leaves the right sided forward position to fill.

I'd bring Ramsey on about the hour mark, just the job after the mhanks have shot their bolt and blowing out their erse.

29 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Shagger

Goldson Balogun

Tavernier                                    Bassey 

Jack  Lundstram Kamara

Kent

Roofe Morelos      

Bit like the old Leeds  set up with Kent in the role Harry Kewell  used to play for them.

Or

Shagger 

Balogun Goldson Bassey

Tavernier                                                           Barasic

Jack Lundstram Kamara

Kent 

Morelos 

Just read the article below where they talk about the 3 centre halves playing with the wing backs of Tav and Bassey with free reign to attack, so it's possible your formation could end up being right. After Barisic's performance against them though i'd prefer Helander in with Bassey out wide.

https://www.rangersreview.co.uk/tactics/20029479.Rangers-three-man-defence-can-help-avoid-repeat-celtic-nightmare/

Kent given a free role is a gamble as although it might make him more difficult to mark it means the rest of the team have to take an extra second to look for him every time, rather than presuming he'll be high up on the left of the pitch.

All in all a tough one for Gio for this must win game.

A lot of unknowns. Is Alfredo fit ? Does Ramsey get the first 60 mins or the last 30 ? Is an out of form Aribo worthy of a start ? Will we go 3-5-2 ?

I don't have a clue and nor will Gio until all return from international duty and can be assessed. Mind you as long as we win I could not give a toss who plays.

1 minute ago, AljayBoy said:

Just read the article below where they talk about the 3 centre halves playing with the wing backs of Tav and Bassey with free reign to attack, so it's possible your formation could end up being right. After Barisic's performance against them though i'd prefer Helander in with Bassey out wide.

https://www.rangersreview.co.uk/tactics/20029479.Rangers-three-man-defence-can-help-avoid-repeat-celtic-nightmare/

Kent given a free role is a gamble as although it might make him more difficult to mark it means the rest of the team have to take an extra second to look for him every time, rather than presuming he'll be high up on the left of the pitch.

All in all a tough one for Gio for this must win game.

Agree with much of that but although I I'm an admirer of Big Fil's game I'm no sure he's quite up to pace as of yet.

If you want Bassey as wingback over Barisic I'd suggest playing Sands in a back three as he has experience in a back three and switch Balogun to the other side although this would mean playing a right footed CB on the LHS .

The tension is off the scale for this. Just want Gio to get tactics right as the last one was shocking. It is a must win. Hope Alfie is fit and he destroys their back line. Would really be nice to be reading in here on Sunday afternoon about a massive Rangers victory. 
Mon Rangers! 

9 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Agree with much of that but although I I'm an admirer of Big Fil's game I'm no sure he's quite up to pace as of yet.

If you want Bassey as wingback over Barisic I'd suggest playing Sands in a back three as he has experience in a back three and switch Balogun to the other side although this would mean playing a right footed CB on the LHS .

Hmm a 95% fit Sands over a 70/80% fit Helander? It's a tough one, but if he's part of a back 3/5 then I'd probably trust Helander as he won't need to cover as much ground. 

Glad it's not up to me though, we just have to trust that Gio and the team are considering the options and we keep our fingers crossed for the right result!

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

Fair enough, only a retard would interpret what I said in that way though.

My point was that it's a load of shite to say form goes out the window in these games, you proved my point by having to go back 5 years to think of an example..

Aye, now your point is clear. Wasn't before. Thanks to me you cleared it up though 👍

1 hour ago, teddybear1975 said:

McGregor

Tav Goldson Balogun Bassey

Lundstram Jack

Ramsey

Roofe Morelos Kent

3-1 👍

Team for me too. Allows potential for 3 at the back too at any point if needed.

Roofe deserves a start after his impact from the bench.

If Morelos isn’t fit Aribo comes in for him.

Had 1st dream of the week about this .

Woke me up because of if .

1 each at half time ,Morelos red card just before half time because some taig held his face .no contact .And 2 stonewall pens denied 

Andy wanker trying to justify it because we always get pens and Morelos is that type anyway .

But all good Coz the dream was on the radio ,Wanker not on radio and banned from Ibrox anyway .😳

4 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Team for me too. Allows potential for 3 at the back too at any point if needed.

Roofe deserves a start after his impact from the bench.

If Morelos isn’t fit Aribo comes in for him.

Agreed. Roofe has looked sharp. We need that extra fire power up front for this one imo.

Been a while since we came into an old firm having lost the last one.

I'm hoping gio has learned the lesson you can't sit off and allow scum fc time on the ball. 

We can't afford a slow start here. They come out quickly and we need to match that. 

Convinced if we take control early and put them under constant pressure throughout we'll get the 3 points. 

6 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Been a while since we came into an old firm having lost the last one.

I'm hoping gio has learned the lesson you can't sit off and allow scum fc time on the ball. 

We can't afford a slow start here. They come out quickly and we need to match that. 

Convinced if we take control early and put them under constant pressure throughout we'll get the 3 points. 

I'm fairly convinced we will come flying out the traps from the start.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Aye, now your point is clear. Wasn't before. Thanks to me you cleared it up though 👍

Sorry I didn't dumb it down enough for you pal. Will remember for the future that we have a few morons on here.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

The bookies tend to think otherwise.

What because they have an old firm game close odds? The form team normally wins these games, going into this game both teams have a lot of reasons to feel confident, there will be no upset regardless of the result.

55 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

That Nigeria game will have taken its toll. I'm starting to think it could be Roofe for Aribo and Helander for Balogun.

Having watched the Nigeria game, I’d disagree.

Balogun had very little to do, and Aribo continued his 2022 form by contributing fuck all, bar lightly jogging in the middle of the pitch.

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Jack, Lundstram,

Ramsey

absolutely must be the midfield 3 and that just leaves the right sided forward position to fill.

Arfield for me. Wee bit rest after hectic scedule inbetween him coming back into team again as takes him games to get to level.

His aggresion and workrate will be crucial.

If ramsey and aribo then we are man down with both not wanting to chase and tackle.