Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

8 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

So you think a manager of Rangers should be sacked cos he loses a Champions League game? That’s crazy.

its thr champions league the step up is huge.

Liverpool are 4 down away it’s says it all

Manager should be sacked because he's totally embarrassed the club over the last 5 days, his football style is fucking brutal and his post match interviews should be viewed from behind the sofa, he's fucking chronic, I'm sorry but he is.

Just now, Scottywellhousetb said:

Manager should be sacked because he's totally embarrassed the club over the last 5 days, his football style is fucking brutal and his post match interviews should be viewed from behind the sofa, he's fucking chronic, I'm sorry but he is.

Nah, just keep the manager because everything else is just as bad. Should just have stuck with Pedro....

16 minutes ago, Orange and Blue said:

From the board to the pitch it's fucking rotten. We've been fucked by the boared inactivity in the transfer window and signed a bunch of crocks. The teams stale now and gonna hope we get to the January transfer window with damage limitations now not to drop anymore points In league but our hopes in the ECL hopes are fucked right now. 

CL was always a free hit for us.  Losing tonight, or in most of the CL games wouldn’t be that surprising given the quality we are up against.  But,  losing in the manner we did tonight is unacceptable.

The league is the target for the season, and improvement is required very very quickly.

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

The boring post match interviews knew this would come up after a defeat.

Standard

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Really?

No-one is complaining about defeat per-se but it’s about the abject way it happened.

As for the finance part, someone tell Dinamo Zagreb about it.

Watched their game last night, Chelsea with the far better players dominated possession & had a few chances but nothing crazy

They defended like fuck, won every tackle and probably had the best chances overall in the match...for a squad that cost far less than ours. 

As always with a struggling manager it’s not the loss that matters, it’s the manner of defeat. 

Sorry but we have been utterly embarrassing in our last two games. And not much better before that. We have been scraping by teams. Fuck knows how we sneaked past PSV. 

We look completely devoid of ideas. There is no energy, no high press, we seem set up to limit the scoring and that just leads to disaster.

Our team won 55 and went far in Europe on the back of high press, high energy, attack the opponent, give no fucking respect. What the fuck has happened to that?

I don’t know how many million we have in the bank but I would be tempted to throw it all at Michael Beale to come and sort this shit out. I can’t see GVB turning this around. 

25 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Who manages them, who picks them, who trains them...

Don't call anyone a mug if you can't grasp the basics of how a football side is managed.

Same guy who got us to EL final and qualified for CL few weeks ago. 

Transformed Bassey into 25m player, brought in fuck knows how much in European money. Backing in transfer market, minimal. Board is where you want to be looking at.

2 minutes ago, Juniorsparkie said:

If he had been fitter he may not have got crocked getting fit in the B team 

He was left in the B team after getting himself fit.

As I said, plenty of other 1st team players came back and still are in far worse shape than what he came back in.

2 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Transformed Bassey into 25m player, brought in fuck knows how much in European money. Backing in transfer market, minimal. Board is where you want to be looking at.

Theres still a point where you look at player performances and see there is a huge drop off to what happened last season in europe. Players have chucked it under him. Possibly because no quality came in the summer.

10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Gio goes tomorrow the same problems are still there, we’ll not win the league, fans will still have the cunt ripped right out them from the club, same players that lets us down at pretty much every opportunity will still let us down.

I'd bet that last comment doesn't happen under a different manager, he's a wee mouse of a manager and needs gone, I get you like him, I hate where I am with this but he's finished here. 

5 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Think elements of both are too blame here 

the football under Gio domestically has been chronically bad at times , our away record abysmal and it resulted in a 12 point swing in the league last season over a 2 month period. 

Europe has been great until tonight.  The board are to blame for not giving him proper funding and deserve all the criticisms under the sun for their own shambolic performance . The way we set up and play and lose silly points on a regular basis lies firmly with the manager. Anything less than 3 points on Saturday and he is for the off 

The tactics are shit and the players are poorly coached.Players who are playing shit must be dropped.This only falls on the Manager

Not buying quality players going into the champions league that lands on the board only.

Tav never a Captain keep saying it.Too nice,need someone to boot bags on that pitch and be aggressive.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Theres still a point where you look at player performances and see there is a huge drop off to what happened last season in europe. Players have chucked it under him. Possibly because no quality came in the summer.

He is way too conservative. He plays to not lose. Instead of going to win. His team sit back and stand off way too much. 

Our team still had enough of the Beale effect in the ranks when we finished off the Europa run but that’s gone now. What we are seeing is now 100% GVB team and it’s stinking. 

Aribo and Bassey were special talents before GVB arrived and they were snapped up. What other player has improved under him. We are looking utter dross this season and that’s only a matter of weeks since Seville. 

Momentum is critical in football and we have completely lost it all 

4 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I'd bet that last comment doesn't happen under a different manager, he's a wee mouse of a manager and needs gone, I get you like him, I hate where I am with this but he's finished here. 

Happened under another manager already Scotty. I don’t disagree that he’s finished, the players have made sure of it.