Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

6 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Was this in the press conference after the game?

Yeah. Not sure if it was BT's or our own to be honest though as watched a few vids since full time!

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Goldson and Tav have consistently been back to their best under him, Bassey has came on leaps and bounds, he's turned Lundstram into some freak of nature as both centre back and centre midfielder and he got Morelos scoring again. 

He's improved so many players. Genuinely never doubting the guy again. A Europa League final. Fucking amazing, gaffer. 

You missed out Lundsram turning into an attacking midfielder, and going on mazy runs down the wing in extra time :bow:

When we win it and he gets a budget to get players that he wants, we will win the league easy next year. Took time to settle but tactical masterclass game after game. We will only get stronger with him in charge 

30 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I don't always agree with his subs but when his hand was pushed with the jack injury, bringing on Balogun and moving Lundstram into midfield was a masterstroke.

I would have brought on Davis.

And I'm glad he is showing faith in Kamara. On his day, Kamara is superb and tonight was his day.

Every time he makes a sub i say "fs Gio". Every full time i say "sorry Gio. Love you."

Hopefully he's learnt his lessons in the league which seems to be moving in the right direction. If we do win the Europa or not hopefully he can have some money to bring in some new players. Confident we can win the league next season

1 hour ago, MrMckee said:

Hopefully he's learnt his lessons in the league which seems to be moving in the right direction. If we do win the Europa or not hopefully he can have some money to bring in some new players. Confident we can win the league next season

Tbf mate, I’ve been saying it all along but I think the players are the ones who carry the can for the league this season. Mentality not being where it should’ve been, combined with horrendous individual errors which shipped goals that cost points is what fucked us.

Ross county, hearts, motherwell x 2, Aberdeen etc - they were down to the players making a cunt of it and not putting teams away/gifting key goals.

I reckon we have a gem in Gio and I think he’ll show it in the league next year.

6 hours ago, Blues Brother said:

He was exceptionally brave with his tactics. To match up with a team as good as red bull are was brave. 
Using his right and left centre backs to be the aggressors was particularly impressive. That alone really helped the team press. It allowed Kamara to press very high up the pitch, leaving only Jack in the CDM role. And for that he deserves all the credit going.

It all seems to be evolving quite nicely after losing Gerrard. We have moved from a manager who was more of an inspirational leader type of manager (which was needed at the time) who relied more on his coaching staff for tactics. To a manager who really seems to know what he’s doing and a real tactical manager. He also has a wonderful calmness about him. Never seems too up nor too down no matter the situation. 

i think If he gets the opportunity to get the players he wants and needs then these exciting times could well continue . 

The most emotional I've seen him was last night belting out "blue sea of Ibrox" and fist pumping the air while walking around after the final whistle. :lol:

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If Xavi or Arteta make a cunt of it in the next 12 months I genuinely think he will be near the top of their lists.

Arteta just got new 3 yr deal mate but aye heads will be turned.

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Arteta just got new 3 yr deal mate but aye heads will be turned.

Genuinely only club I think he'd leave us for is Barca, which you couldn't blame him for turning that kind of opportunity down, but honestly can't see it happening, despite his history and ties to the club.