*****The Official Braga vs Rangers Thread*****

3 minutes ago, real boydie9 said:

So Gio said Ramsey was fit but he decided not to put him on. Fuck sake. 

Fucking criminal. Game we had no creativity in midfield and he leaves him on the bench. 

Worse still he says he's said our midfielders played well. 

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Braga were poorer than what they were last time we played them. 

Fuck knows where 3 goals come from because we’ll gift one next week anyway. 

Without Ramsey we have no creativity at all which lies solely at the door of Ross Wilson because I’m fitter than Ramsey and we have no other creative players since Wilson came in. 

It’s bordering on gross negligence and how that wee hobbit is still in a job is a disgrace 

Get a grip. In future if you are going to attempt to slag our manager at least keep references to your favourite films out if it lad.

Only single wankers who stay with their parents will get them.:craphead:

2 minutes ago, MarzM said:

Again i need to bring up Basseys positioning.

If he plays leftback he's fucking terrible when balls are dropped in behind him...and no matter whether he is LB or CB he runs about out of position like a fucking lunatic. When Balogun went off, Goldson was at the back by himself half the time as Bassey goes charging off into midfield leaving a huge fucking hole in the defence!

Not sure I totally agree with this, he’s tucking in picking up strikers as both Goldson and Balogan let their markers walk off them. He has his issues positionally but it’s not always coz he’s caught out, also At goal, their scored]r is between Goodson and Balogan, with a Goldson marking no one and looking right at him. He should have picked him up and got tighter before ball came in and Balogan fucked it. I don’t actually mind Bassy going forward as our defence need to get further forward. Sitting on 18 yard line passing it sideways just causes us problems. 

but to be honest, whole team defensively are shite at moment. Marking from everyone was terrible, again losing 2nd balls, ball watching as well. Just fecking schoolboy stuff all over. Depressing seeing the same issues week in, week out

We’ve just slipped into the way we were playing at the start of the season 

Everything sideways and backwards and suspect at the back. We got a bit of a bounce when Gio came in but since the break it’s been just as bad if not worse than how we started the season. We played with the same lack of belief and application tonight that we did in the Lyon home game.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Well while you are on the phone to him mate tell him to fuck off in the summer.

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Well while you are on the phone to him mate tell him to fuck off in the summer.

Fed up that his body is giving up. More fucked off with the managers tactics mate.

Tonight needed an energetic, dynamic performance against a youthful, explosive outfit.

Ramsey sitting out I agree with. He's not got the speed and defensive quality needed tonight. That said, Arfield was at best mediocre.

Hopefully we just go for it at Ibrox. Reckon this mob could shit their pants.

Just now, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Still in the tie here. Really hope the nervous, anxious moaners among our support get behind the team for a change for the return leg.

Maybe give them some encouragement if the anxious, nervous moaners in our team pull it together and give them a performance

5 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Ill be honest. I have not felt this low about our team for a long long time. I mean Gerrard was not the messiah and his trophy haul tells that story however you at least could see what he was trying to put in place and it clicked last season. Under GVB I just havent seen anything that gives me confidence or tells me he knows how to get a tune out of this group of players. Sure we have had the obvious European results and performances however outside of that it feels like he has slowly but surely sucked every bit of footballing style from our play. The players look clueless and dare I say terrified to try anything positive. Its all turgid stuff, back and sideways passing before we either give it away or make a wrong decision whenever we get near the final third and we break down.

I just dont know where we go from here. We are looking like we are completely spent as team and a whole new 11 is needed. Im not convinced I want Wilson or GVB for that matter to be making decisions on that 11 however.

We have a core group of players who won the league last season out the park without losing a single game. We do not need a new 11.

I do agree with most of your post though and sadly don't have the answer.

Remember when we used to criticise Gerrards style of get it wide and cross cross cross? At least we knew what we we were trying. All I see from Gio is don't conced (which we're now failing miserably at).

Open question. Does anyone know what our style of play going forward is meant to be?

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Tonight needed an energetic, dynamic performance against a youthful, explosive outfit.

Ramsey sitting out I agree with. He's not got the speed and defensive quality needed tonight. That said, Arfield was at best mediocre.

Hopefully we just go for it at Ibrox. Reckon this mob could shit their pants.

Ramsey looked sharper and probably won more tackles than anyone other than Lundstram in our team on Sunday