****The Official St. Mirren Vs Rangers Match Thread****

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

They have sucked the enjoyment out of the season.

The brand of football we are playing under Gio is bogging. 

It's horrific & it seems like it's just getting worse game by game

We start quickly then just suck the life out the game, even the atmosphere has gone now

I just don’t get this constant sideways backwards stuff, was literally always told from as far as I can remember as a midfielder/attacker your first thought when getting the ball has to be to look up and make something happen. It goes sideways or backwards as a last resort, we seem to have 11 players with the opposite attitude 

Just now, The Godfather said:

Was just going to say that.

Completely rudderless shite.

We basically rely completely on Tav or Kent doing something, probably against the orders of GVB to actually carve out some form of chance.

If we actually sell Kent or Tav in the summer and stick with GVB, I expect probably the lowest scoring season in Rangers history.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Honestly, I don’t know what we practice in training but it ain’t the basics

I don’t know how things have moved on, but I remember from Walter’s good CL season and that great long unbeaten run, the players only did very light training in between matches as the games were coming so thick & fast.

I think there are even more games to fit in now, so unless things have changed a lot, they probably don’t work on much.

It certainly looks that way…

Just now, GA1972 said:

I just don’t get this constant sideways backwards stuff, was literally always told from as far as I can remember as a midfielder/attacker your first thought when getting the ball has to be to look up and make something happen. It goes sideways or backwards as a last resort, we seem to have 11 players with the opposite attitude 

It's a European thing, move them side to side then switch it and in theory, you should get space on the wing 

In practice, it doesn't work in our league & we don't have the players who can play it

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I remember someone posting that Gio's style was not entertaining when at Feyenoord, looks the same here, and thats fine if you get results week after week and win leagues and cups but if you don't do either then it really is only a matter of time before he gets punted

Just now, Prso's headband said:

No shot on goal for 35 minutes and we need to score 3 on Thursday lol. No even attempting to play any different. 

Boring. 

I'm not confident about Thursday but we only need to score 2.