European Semi Final

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I refuse to dream it is even possible at the moment.

I'm taking the approach of just celebrating each next stage as a massive achievement.

There are 3 other very dangerous teams in this yet.

Of course, arguably we are the least favs to win it, 

But if we did............ 

10 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Leipzig are a good team and in Nkunku have one of the best players in Europe right now but there's absolutely no reason why we can't beat them

2 games away from a European final

They are probably the in form team of the competition. I watched them on Sunday and they fucking steamrollered Hoffenheim. 

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

They are probably the in form team of the competition. I watched them on Sunday and they fucking steamrollered Hoffenheim. 

Silva with Nkunku and Olmo behind him is up there with any attack we have faced this season - but they also play 3 at the back, Simakan + Orban are average and we can get at them down the wings

35 minutes ago, beararse said:

And to think 7 years ago we got hammered 6-1 in aggregate by Motherwell (the worst team in the SPFL) in the  play off final and now we are two games away from a Europa League final. 

Watched that in a sports pub in Amsterdam, full of Celtic fans on a stag. Great times, lost my rag near the end near enough.

18 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Who drew against Bayern.... German league is all over the place this year.n

1 hour ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I’ve seen someone mention a good point on followfollow

We obviously have to go play in Germany again, last time we were missing Balogun, Sakala & Roofe for what we suspected was lack of vaccinations barring their entry.

Hopefully that wasn’t the case and there were other issues at play / Germany relaxes their Covid rules.

Otherwise we will go into a European Semi final without a recognised striker 😳

Probably true, sadly.

Who would we play up front?

33 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Itten, the Bundesliga King with his 2 goals against Bayern and Frankfurt. 1-0 header after being offside 8 times.

I’ve just checked the squad list and he’s not even in the squad.

My first thought was Weston but he’s not listed in the squad either, the other young strikers who are listed Ure & McAusland are miles away.

Unless the rules have changed or our players agree to have the vaccine then the best best will probably be Kent through the middle or maybe Aribo in a false 9 kind of role.

1 minute ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

My first thought was Weston but he’s not listed in the squad either, the other young strikers who are listed Ure & McAusland are miles away.

Unless the rules have changed or our players agree to have the vaccine then the best best will probably be Kent through the middle or maybe Aribo in a false 9 kind of role.

Wonder if it'd be worthwhile on the fan media asking the question in the near future to get a heads up on whether Roofe and Sakala can actually travel or not. It's likely true knowing us, but hopefully somethings changed since the last time. 

8 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Weston doesn't meet the criteria to make the B list so would have to have been registered in the normal squad to be eligible.

4 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Don't think so, on the TV commentary tonight they were pointing out players who could miss the semi final if they got another yellow.

i think they do actually wipe them now for the semi's so that only way a player can miss out on the final is through either being booked in 2 semi's or red carded.

18 minutes ago, dbyst said:

i think they do actually wipe them now for the semi's so that only way a player can miss out on the final is through either being booked in 2 semi's or red carded.

Not true, Leipzig are missing both Ch's against us due to yellow cards.