***** The Official RB Leipzig v Rangers (Opposition) Europa League Semi Final Match Thread *****

1 minute ago, Amokachi said:

Or not act like a fanny playing against us. 

There was a real winning mentality, grind it out, do what it takes, attitude that we instilled in players pre-admin. You see it in guys like Broadfoot. 

Don’t think we’ve ever quite captured that again. 

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

There was a real winning mentality, grind it out, do what it takes, attitude that we instilled in players pre-admin. You see it in guys like Broadfoot. 

helps having a manager like walter tbh

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

The last three games we have had a never say die attitude. Coming together just in time for the semi-final.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Hope we go for a rigid, defensive approach like we did versus Braga. Get out of town still in the tie.

Thank fuck the why didn't he play Ramsey debates won't be heard this time round 😄

If we perform as badly as we did in Braga Leipzig will absolutely smash us.

Despite Gio trying to claim it was a good result away from home it absolutely wasn’t, I don’t think we had a proper chance in the entire game, it was a shocking performance and we were lucky the 4th best team in Portugal didn’t score more against us.

We’ve seen in the return leg, and in Dortmund we are at our best when attacking the opposition.

17 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Needs to be season on season, trophy after trophy, not just a run of games here and there. 

Agree with that but think a lot of ppl didn't think this team had that sort of fight in them , would have been easy to use the tired etc excuse and just give up in the semi after they scored 

46 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Despite Gio trying to claim it was a good result away from home it absolutely wasn’t, I don’t think we had a proper chance in the entire game, it was a shocking performance and we were lucky the 4th best team in Portugal didn’t score more against us.

We’ve seen in the return leg, and in Dortmund we are at our best when attacking the opposition.

That’s not quite true. We were on top the entire second half when we finally went at them but our finishing was rotten as usual. They were showing the defensive weaknesses we exploited at Ibrox. They never looked like scoring in the second half and in the first half only scored on a deflection.

5 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Good point, hadn’t really seen it that way. 
Although for intentionally stepping on a Rangers players  heel walking off the park I’ll forever think of him as a fanny. 

1 hour ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

It was an OK result as it left us still in the tie. It doesn't matter how well or badly we played it is the result that he was talking about. I'd take the same again and be confident of having a good chance of making the final.

Would much rather do a Dortmund against them though.

20 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

It was an OK result as it left us still in the tie. It doesn't matter how well or badly we played it is the result that he was talking about. I'd take the same again and be confident of having a good chance of making the final.

Would much rather do a Dortmund against them though.

I think so to, I'd much rather play to our strengths rather than damage limitation and sitting back.

Didn't see the Braga away game, but on the flip side, any result that leaves us in the tie for 2nd leg is obviously good. It's a catch 22. Wouldn't like to be Gio having to decide that. 

Team almost picks itself allowing there are no more additions to the injury list.

Although id personally be tempted to go 3,5,2 and tuck the wingbacks in to start with at least i can only see the gaffer going his preferred 4,3,3

This Leipzig lot apparently like to play quite narrow and flood the midfield so Kent could cause them all sorts of problems. Other than the shape tactically similar to ourselves so we may cancel each other out, canny be bad for an away first leg in europe , but if we can nick a goal and take a lead back to Ibrox i think they'd leave space at the back for us to capitalize on.

11 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

That was about the performance, and several poor individual performances, not the approach or the tactics.

Opening up and going for it, especially with the players we have available, will be madness. Even more so than it would have in Braga.

And it wasn't a good result, but it was an acceptable result that absolutely played its part in us winning the overall tie.

26 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Bite your hand off for any kind of draw. Keep the tie in the balance for Ibrox is all you can ask for.

Even a 1-0 defeat isn’t a disaster. 

Said this to my dad last night

As long as the tie is alive coming back to Ibrox I’m confident we can get through

Leipzig are another squad that won’t be used to the atmosphere and Braga showed us just how big an impact it can have on good players. Within minutes they were all over the place because of the noise.