***** The Official RB Leipzig v Rangers (Opposition) Europa League Semi Final Match Thread *****

8 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Thought he got it wrong to take Aribo off and bring sands on too. 

Davis should have been on that park with 20 minutes to go. Sands should not have been on and Aribo should not have been off. 

I thought he'd have brought Davis on for Kamara tbh.

1 minute ago, LegendofCoop said:

TBH.....I thought it was a pish game. RB looked decent in the first half but I thought both teams became nervous the longer that half went on. Second half we came more into it and were looking like seeing it out. We got hit by a sucker punch. 

I think we showed them too much respect in the first half and you could see our confidence growing in the second half. We need to be more confident from the off at Ibrox and really go for them. Same formation would do for me, but Wright CANNOT start a game like this. No harm to the lad, but it's a level above his ability. 

I dunno why, but I'm totally nonplussed tonight. Not angry, not nervous, just completely calm.  

We can do this! 

We definitely showed them too much respect and I agree, we came into it and there was almost a realisation that they weren't that much better. Will be interesting to see if we press more at Ibrox and how they cope.

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Aye, and Scott Wright was the answer tonight. FFS! 

He's what we have at the moment, we should have bought better strikers two seasons ago it was always going to bite us on the arse.

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Aye, and Scott Wright was the answer tonight. FFS! 

Wright was a gamble that failed. It was worth a try. I think the only reason the manager didn’t change it at half-time was because we were still at 0-0 and he didn’t want to  deflate the player.

3 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

How is the league relevant to Tav scoring more European goals than Morelos this season? You're having a fucking nightmare here tonight. 

You would be better off joining mums net if an opinion is called a nightmare by you it's a bit dramatic.

An excellent team effort there and we got beat by a shot that if he tried it any other time it sails over the bar but credit where it's due

My big concern for the return game at Ibrox is where are the goals going to come from?

Outside of the injuries we are carrying the lack options up front in this Rangers team leaves a lot to be desired and we can only hope that Roofe is available for the game at Ibrox because Sakala and Wright are nowhere near what is required.

7 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Tough to take a late goal but we played well for all but 15 seconds of the game. 

Without Morelos we are sorely lacking.  

I hope the atmosphere next week kicks us on as it has in previous rounds and that we can deal with their counter attacks. 

half time at 1-0. All to play for and if they don't know that now then all the better for us. 

Well put.

Let others underestimate us and become complacent if it makes them happy. All the better for us. 

Let's see how they do when the Ibrox roar deafens them and permiatea they body and soul, and our team play out of their skin rallied on by our fantastic support yet again....