James Sands

bluenoz

7 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Aah. Thanks for clearing that up. I had a feeling there was something preventing us playing him in the league. 

Off the top of my head, one was something like hamilton or morton and he was part of the matchday group and was out for the warm-ups etc and iirc the other was an Old firm.

Infact, it might have been three with both Morton AND Hamilton before Celtic. But he definitely couldn't play in the league because he was under-16.

I’m not entirely sure what his best position is tbh

His passing isn’t good enough to be a modern day CDM, always plays too safe and rarely through the lines, he isn’t all that aggressive in the air or in the tackle 

Seems like he’d be a half decent backup / more defensive right-back option 

It appears most on RM don't rate him yet there is a thread on FF about him and he is getting glowing remarks. I find it strange how fans can see the game so differently

For a 21-year-old, I think he shows tremendous composure and maturity.

His loan is for next season as well and I expect he will be here.

He’s doing fine. All football squads need a James Sands type player. Very useful to have. Can play several positions, a good team player and not someone who will sulk and moan if he’s not playing.

I think he will continue to be a good squad player next season and possibly beyond 

1 minute ago, Blues Brother said:

He’s doing fine. All football squads need a James Sands type player. Very useful to have. Can play several positions, a good team player and not someone who will sulk and moan if he’s not playing.

I think he will continue to be a good squad player next season and possibly beyond 

Think he wants more than that tho tbh he’s a young boy left America to come play in Europe he’s no came here to be a squad player, if he’s not going to get a look in then let boy move on 

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Starting to take to him . Thought he looked solid when he came on and passed the ball quite well . 

Been quite dependable pre-season , just wonder if he's going to be one of those that goes under the radar but quietly gets the job done .

The only player in the back line today that actually attacked the ball to head it

I like him at centre back against inferior teams, allows us to play the ball out much better and rarely looks troubled. We will likely need an actual centre back against better sides in Europe but I’d start him mid week 

Just now, ready1873 said:

He's a solid player and should improve. You need guys like him in the team. I'd have no qualms if we kept him. 

Issue is his option to buy is rumoured to be £4m. 

On current knowledge, that is way too much. That's marquee signing level, not just a utility squad player who is alright.