James Sands

bluenoz

His positional sense is excellent and is very tidy in possession. In my opinion, an underrated player.

The problem for Sands, is he plays a role similar to Jack and Lundstram. At this time, he is not at that level yet but with age, I believe he has every chance of getting there.

An American internationalist and an MLS champion. 

I would sign him permanently.

Just now, bluenoz said:

His positional sense is excellent and is very tidy in possession. In my opinion, an underrated player.

The problem for Sands, is he plays a role similar to Jack and Lundstram. At this time, he is not at that level yet but with age, I believe he has every chance of getting there.

An American internationalist and an MLS champion. 

I would sign him permanently.

Quietly effective & looks better with more game time.

Tommo was pretty complimentary about him during commentary.

He’s unfussy, composed and provides cover for umpteen positions. You also sense that he’s a good professional who gives his bosses no bother or concern.

I’ve been a fan since he arrived and we would be crazy not to take up the option to sign him.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I get that in the way Sands sits in front of the back 4 more and does the dirty work but 90% of the games are like today where that's not needed for most of the game. McCann could easily do that role.

The sitters in midfield are usually the ones who drop into defence when the full-backs go forward, McCann doing that just chops him off at the knees and we'd be as well throwing someone else in rather than waste McCann there.

38 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Maybe harsh but I thought he gave the ball away a few times today, not shown me anything special as of yet.

Mccann would benefit going to spl team next season which i think he will.

Lowry will be a starter for me next season, more game time 

King will be the 4th xb i think

2 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Mccann would benefit going to spl team next season which i think he will.

Lowry will be a starter for me next season, more game time 

King will be the 4th xb i think

Sometimes I think we just need to take more risk and Chuck youngsters into the deep end. Regret not getting to see Gilmore here and on the flip side what happened to Stephen Kelly?

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Sometimes I think we just need to take more risk and Chuck youngsters into the deep end. Regret not getting to see Gilmore here and on the flip side what happened to Stephen Kelly?

Stephen Kelly was a mainstay at Salford this year who just missed out on the playoffs. By all reports, he had a very good campaign. A really good player but I think he will always be on the outside looking in at Rangers.

Will probably end up having a career similar to McCrorie.

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Think Gilmour was 15? Would have been a hell of a risk to throw him into that team, especially the way we were playing at the time, although I do think he trained with the first team for a while if I remember rightly.

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The sitters in midfield are usually the ones who drop into defence when the full-backs go forward, McCann doing that just chops him off at the knees and we'd be as well throwing someone else in rather than waste McCann there.

We don’t need 2 sitters in Scotland though 

11 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Think Gilmour was 15? Would have been a hell of a risk to throw him into that team, especially the way we were playing at the time, although I do think he trained with the first team for a while if I remember rightly.

Ah thought he was 16 so makes sense why he never got game time.

33 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

I dunno, I'm kinda glad we have another 12 months to have a look at him. Not overly convinced yet, but feel there could be a player there.

Agree with this, it's too early to tell really, but I feel like gio has trust in the guy. His versatility would have likely seen him get more game time were it not for the expanded bench/change to 5 subs .

14 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Stephen Kelly was a mainstay at Salford this year who just missed out on the playoffs. By all reports, he had a very good campaign. A really good player but I think he will always be on the outside looking in at Rangers.

Will probably end up having a career similar to McCrorie.

I know you were a fan of Kelly but I never really seen much with him and agree with you that he's maybe missed the boat. See a big difference between Lowry and the hype this time seems more justified.