Jump to content

Stadium facilities.


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Ambrogio said:

A big fella did collapse last night mate . Probably dehydration but he looked absolutely terrible . 

Was this behind the Rangers dugout? I seen fans shouting stewards up and they all rushed in

Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole thing is a rort.

From tickets to travel to accommodation to food and beverage, to the treatment of the customer!!!!!

Feel bad for anyone that had the occasion spoilt.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah mate . Probably just the combination of heat and dehydration but he didn’t look too good at all . That was a fuckin shambles in that stadium last night . 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bigdave30 said:

I’m going to guess that he means that if you don’t know the words to Rangers songs or can’t be arsed to stand up and sing during a European cup final then you should be chucked in the bin at the turnstiles  alongside  the half bottles and phone chargers.

I agree with him.

Too many tourist "Rangers "fans" around which affected the atmosphere aswell as the heat/conditions as below.

Not suggesting they should be chucked anywhere.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

When the reality of last night sinks in I’ll make my football emotions known but for now I’d just say how poor the facilities at the stadium were!

For a UEFA showcase final, in fact for any game, it was disgraceful - verging on downright dangerous, and without being over dramatic, life threatening!!

I’ve read some peoples comments on how ‘flat’ they felt the ‘Bears’ were in the stadium  - well let me tell you from first hand experience what I think the issue was!!!

1. Most will have walked about 3 miles (at least) to the ground, in 30+ degrees heat. 

2. Most arrived at the ground 3hrs prior to kickoff, as advised by UEFA and sat in the blistering sun.

3. We prepared ourself by buying water to keep us hydrated, only to have it confiscated by the Gestapo at the entrance.

4. On entry we tried to replace the confiscated fluids - but NOT 1 kiosk was opened - and the gormless steward’s couldn’t advise when they would open.

5. About an hour later we queued for over half an hour to use the ONE kiosk they did open (9000 fans mind!)

6. Once they eventually opened all the kiosks they very quickly ran out (you read that right, ran out) of water.

7. Fans resorted to drinking tap water from the toilets - until they turned the water off (yes you read that right too - they turned the water off)!!!

People (myself) included were actually uncomfortable with it all - so before people comment on the ‘lack of singing’ etc, just bare that in mind.

What I will tell you though is that we will be hydrated for Hampden on Saturday, so if you care to join us - we’ll raise the roof together.

My thoughts exactly shared.

 

I still can’t get my head around how flat our support was until we scored.

I’m sure Frankfurt fans would have faced the same issues yet still managed to give their team tremendous backing from the first whistle to the final whistle.
 

And fair do’s to them, at least they all applauded our players at the medal ceremony whilst the vast majority of our support left after the game finished.
 

Apart from that I couldn’t agree with you more. You summed it up better than I could.

falkirkNS likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

I still can’t get my head around how flat our support was until we scored.

I’m sure Frankfurt fans would have faced the same issues yet still managed to give their team tremendous backing from the first whistle to the final whistle.
 

And fair do’s to them, at least they all applauded our players at the medal ceremony whilst the vast majority of our support left after the game finished.
 

Apart from that I couldn’t agree with you more. You summed it up better than I could.

I don’t think they did face the same issues. Our boys weren’t allowed in wie baby wipes whilst they had pyro

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

I don’t think they did face the same issues. Our boys weren’t allowed in wie baby wipes whilst they had pyro

I can only think of 2 reasons for this

1. All the bullshit about Manchester and about how we would cause trouble put them on edge.

Or 

2.this one i read years ago is that with all the union flags it fucking annoys the spainish as it takes them back to the hooligans of the 80s which cause chaos in Spain.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ambrogio said:

A big fella did collapse last night mate . Probably dehydration but he looked absolutely terrible . 

Boys behind me basically never saw the game as they didn't have the energy to keep standing when others (such as me) did.

J-Maestro likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

I don’t think they did face the same issues. Our boys weren’t allowed in wie baby wipes whilst they had pyro

Obviously not when it came to the searches but i’d imagine they would have faced the same issues walking to the stadium in the blistering heat and the pathetic facilities inside the shit hole.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, DiamondDan said:

Boys behind me basically never saw the game as they didn't have the energy to keep standing when others (such as me) did.

It was really strange atmosphere inside can understand a love of people were fucked with the heat etc but I was in the neutral section and when I was joining in singing from the Rangers end none of the Rangers fans dotted around me joined in . It was like they were either paranoid to because Frankfurt fans beside us or people they don’t usually go to games as much . 

Real Ranger and falkirkNS like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Second tier neutral zone genuinely felt unsafe at times. Had some mad German bastards in my row, which was first row of the top tier and they were goading a few bears for a square go, ripped out seats the lot. Everyone hot and angry with no water, was a disaster waiting to happen.

Police took them both away eventually but the tier was quite steep and could easily see someone going head first over the railing in a fight, and 20 metres to their death in that first row. 

Saw a Frankfurt supporter take a dive over the railing in the bottom tier in their end at their goal and the paramedics took him off on a stretcher, didn't look good.

 

As someone else said, was third world country conditions. 

DiamondDan likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, falkirkNS said:

When the reality of last night sinks in I’ll make my football emotions known but for now I’d just say how poor the facilities at the stadium were!

For a UEFA showcase final, in fact for any game, it was disgraceful - verging on downright dangerous, and without being over dramatic, life threatening!!

I’ve read some peoples comments on how ‘flat’ they felt the ‘Bears’ were in the stadium  - well let me tell you from first hand experience what I think the issue was!!!

1. Most will have walked about 3 miles (at least) to the ground, in 30+ degrees heat. 

2. Most arrived at the ground 3hrs prior to kickoff, as advised by UEFA and sat in the blistering sun.

3. We prepared ourself by buying water to keep us hydrated, only to have it confiscated by the Gestapo at the entrance.

4. On entry we tried to replace the confiscated fluids - but NOT 1 kiosk was opened - and the gormless steward’s couldn’t advise when they would open.

5. About an hour later we queued for over half an hour to use the ONE kiosk they did open (9000 fans mind!)

6. Once they eventually opened all the kiosks they very quickly ran out (you read that right, ran out) of water.

7. Fans resorted to drinking tap water from the toilets - until they turned the water off (yes you read that right too - they turned the water off)!!!

People (myself) included were actually uncomfortable with it all - so before people comment on the ‘lack of singing’ etc, just bare that in mind.

What I will tell you though is that we will be hydrated for Hampden on Saturday, so if you care to join us - we’ll raise the roof together.

My thoughts exactly shared.

 

8. The disproportionate kettling of Rangers fans (yes, just us) before the game meant that thousands of us were dehydrated and exhausted before even stepping foot inside the stadium. I pride myself on being on my feet for big games but my legs were jelly after that and they never recovered.

falkirkNS likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Bydo said:

8. The disproportionate kettling of Rangers fans (yes, just us) before the game meant that thousands of us were dehydrated and exhausted before even stepping foot inside the stadium. I pride myself on being on my feet for big games but my legs were jelly after that and they never recovered.

The kettling was ridiculous. Thank fuck I found shade for the last part, would have passed out if I was in the sun for that. Idiotic policing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, offminorthreat said:

Second tier neutral zone genuinely felt unsafe at times. Had some mad German bastards in my row, which was first row of the top tier and they were goading a few bears for a square go, ripped out seats the lot. Everyone hot and angry with no water, was a disaster waiting to happen.

Police took them both away eventually but the tier was quite steep and could easily see someone going head first over the railing in a fight, and 20 metres to their death in that first row. 

Saw a Frankfurt supporter take a dive over the railing in the bottom tier in their end at their goal and the paramedics took him off on a stretcher, didn't look good.

 

As someone else said, was third world country conditions. 

There was a frankfurt guy flying out of faro earlier with a broken leg. Might have been him or a similar incident

Link to post
Share on other sites

Brown envelope under the table for it to be a awarded there horrible location. Total shambles inside the ground went down at 7 to get water waited 40 minutes then got told there was none left and was nowhere near the front of the queue. This was over an hour to kick off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s a disgrace what I’ve heard about conditions at the stadium because I thought everything else that was organised for us was spot on I have to say. 
 

The Spaniards in town were brand new and having personally witnessed both the auditorium and La Cartuja stadium they were great and everything they wanted them to be especially the auditorium. They were people even wandering round with water spray to cool people at the auditorium and shit loads of bars to keep the queues down. 
 

Queues at kiosks were quite big at Cartuja to be fair but that’s nit picking. I thought the infamous Spanish police were sound as well, fairly helpful whenever I saw their interactions with fans. Stewards and other staff at the events the same. 

The square where we spent the day befire moving to auditorium (big weird structure in the square) was good value and they’d put portaloos in for us. Real shame to hear about the game itself because I was pleased with how everything went beside from what I personally experienced. 

Jasper likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had heat stroke a couple times, it's fucking horrible, wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Reading about the conditions in the ground I'm surprised folk weren't leaving the stadium, and it's understandable how it affected the atmosphere. Sounds like it was a straight up dangerous situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...