Kent & Morelos in contract negotiations

24 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Look lads, I've been very patient here but if you don't nip this I'm going to have to take action.

Hopefully your action will be getting him to reply to the post before yours that he seems to have ignored... 👍

😂

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

No word on anything happening with Kent?

I imagine if we keep Alfredo, we can afford to let Kent wind down his contract. 

Would mean we’ve retained both Alfredo and Goldson who we could’ve lost for nothing, plus sold Aribo who again could’ve been gone for free next summer.

3 out of 4 isn’t bad, Kent could be more valuable for us in the squad this season than taking £10million or so for him (if he helps us get CL football)

Just now, plymouthranger said:

Would mean we’ve retained both Alfredo and Goldson who we could’ve lost for nothing, plus sold Aribo who again could’ve been gone for free next summer.

3 out of 4 isn’t bad, Kent could be more valuable for us in the squad this season than taking £10million or so for him (if he helps us get CL football)

Actually think Kent is more valuable in monetary terms than Alfie, but we are better covered in Kent's position.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Actually think Kent is more valuable in monetary terms than Alfie, but we are better covered in Kent's position.

It’s a fair point, I think Kent’s disappointing numbers last season have harmed his chances of a bigger move.

He should’ve been looking at a mid table EPL side if he continued his form from the 55 season, now I think he’ll be overlooked unless it’s a side like Forrest who are likely to go back down. 

10 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I take your point but I don't think we should be letting any of our saleable assets run down their contracts. The likes of Davis / McGregor we can run down. Kent didn't have his best season last year but we paid a significant fee for him and he still has plenty to offer. He is a player who could command a significant fee if sold on. We should be following the Aribo/Bassey model with younger players. 

1 hour ago, DrLaudrup said:

I take your point but I don't think we should be letting any of our saleable assets run down their contracts. The likes of Davis / McGregor we can run down. Kent didn't have his best season last year but we paid a significant fee for him and he still has plenty to offer. He is a player who could command a significant fee if sold on. We should be following the Aribo/Bassey model with younger players. 

Kent didn't score enough, but he actually had a sensational season.

Dragged us through in Europe and got himself in the Europa team of the season.

Gave absolute nightmares to teams like Dortmund.

I would not be surprised if an offer came in between the £15-20m range close to the end of the window that get accepted.

I actually think we might have brought Lawrence in for this reason knowing Kent is likely away.

Kinda suspicious that we might end up getting a late bid for big money and replace him with a loan to cover the temp gap in the squad which I will be fairly okay with, but suspect many won't be happy.

• 1 year later...