Tillman

Essandoh

11 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Is our option not £6m and his buy back £9m? Would basically pay for his loan for the season and some change.

TBF I can't imagine us agreeing to that little difference tbh, would be zero point having an option to buy

15 hours ago, esquire8 said:

We might find ourselves in a situation where his value increases to a degree that goes well above his buy back price from Bayern and they end up paying us the difference between the option and buy back just to sell on again. 

I mean that's a good point but doesn't Tillman have to agree to go back just to be sold on before that scenario comes to light? 

Would it make a difference to him who sold him on if he's interested in a big move anyway? 

4 hours ago, magic8ball said:

I wonder if there is anyway around this .IE he signs on a permanent then signs an extension soon after on different terms .Or we pay a bit more than originally agreed .Or is the Bayern clause a permanent one .

The clause is between us & Bayern so his personal contract/signing an extension wouldn’t make any difference.

There’s always a chance of paying more to get rid of the buy back but then it likely becomes unaffordable.

Just need to take it as it is, it’s not a perfect deal for us but signing a top talent from a huge club we can’t always expect it to be 100% on our terms.

2 hours ago, MasterD said:

The clause is between us & Bayern so his personal contract/signing an extension wouldn’t make any difference.

There’s always a chance of paying more to get rid of the buy back but then it likely becomes unaffordable.

Just need to take it as it is, it’s not a perfect deal for us but signing a top talent from a huge club we can’t always expect it to be 100% on our terms.

Unless he turns in to a superstar I can't see much chance of Bayern triggering a buyback, as much as he seems great he isn't on Bayern's level either,

27 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Unless he turns in to a superstar I can't see much chance of Bayern triggering a buyback, as much as he seems great he isn't on Bayern's level either,

Being Bayern level doesn’t come into it.

To give an example, he plays well and Ajax want to sign him. Bayern use the buy back to sign him for £10m and sell him on for £20m straight away.

There’s been a few cases of this previously, Real Madrid I’m sure used this before.

1 hour ago, MasterD said:

Being Bayern level doesn’t come into it.

To give an example, he plays well and Ajax want to sign him. Bayern use the buy back to sign him for £10m and sell him on for £20m straight away.

There’s been a few cases of this previously, Real Madrid I’m sure used this before.

We don't even have a clue what the agreed price or buyback is.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

We don't even have a clue what the agreed price or buyback is.

It’s been great from the lad, but it is only 9-10 games so far.

woukd he actually want to come here after a season playing against a load of hammer throwers?

he might love it at the moment, he’s doing great, but come may he might just think one season is enough.

obviously could be wrong, and he might be keen to come, but I think things should play out for a while to get a more balanced assessment.

big test for him next weekend if selected. Typically they will be gung ho first 20, if selected, I’d like to see how he gets on.

don’t think he’ll be fazed, as looks naturally composed, but it’s a big thing going there first time,

some players struggled first time.

ricksen prime example.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Absolutely anonymous. How he got an hour on the park only Gio knows.

A man down, though unsurprising as he's been poor previously when not played centrally.

20 year old with next to no first team football played out of position. He’ll get there, but he’s not being helped by our chronic right wing options and our manager. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

20 year old with next to no first team football played out of position. He’ll get there, but he’s not being helped by our chronic right wing options and our manager. 

He's got ability and potential alright but today I felt he showed a lack of desire. That's unacceptable at any time but especially against them.

Least of our worries. 

Played in a position he isn't comfortable in and not one of the experienced heads helped him either.

He is a talent and will come good. Shite he was thrown into that on the wing, ridiculous management.

It is always difficult playing in your first old firm game, especially with a team as poor as ours was today. Least of our problems. A weak midfield with little aggression, a slow central defence and full backs that can't defend would be higher up my list than Tilman, who is a decent player.