Tillman

Essandoh

34 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

We might find ourselves in a situation where his value increases to a degree that goes well above his buy back price from Bayern and they end up paying us the difference between the option and buy back just to sell on again. 

Is it confirmed there's a clause like that in the deal? If so, hopefully the buy back is hefty anyway

37 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

We might find ourselves in a situation where his value increases to a degree that goes well above his buy back price from Bayern and they end up paying us the difference between the option and buy back just to sell on again. 

Im sure the price has already been agreed. 

10 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

Im sure the price has already been agreed. 

He's not saying there isn't mate, he's saying that if bayern have a buy back option they might exercise their right straight away to buy him back. So if the fee was set at £4 million and they have a buy back option of £6 million then they would just give us £2 million and keep him. 

Tbh unless Tillman rips up the champions league I can't see them taking that option straight away. 

10 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

He's not saying there isn't mate, he's saying that if bayern have a buy back option they might exercise their right straight away to buy him back. So if the fee was set at £4 million and they have a buy back option of £6 million then they would just give us £2 million and keep him. 

Tbh unless Tillman rips up the champions league I can't see them taking that option straight away. 

So we get him on loan for a year and then Bayern pay us £2m.:headwall:

4 minutes ago, Dickie said:

So we get him on loan for a year and then Bayern pay us £2m.:headwall:

I'm not saying that, I don't know what the ins and outs of the transfer is. All I've read is it's a loan to buy option but it was @esquire8who mentioned it, I was just trying to explain what he meant. 

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

TBF mate, as shit as it is, if the figures quoted are anywhere near accurate, you can't really complain loaning a player, activating his buy clause, then immediately selling him for a 5m profit. Obviously we would like to develop players and make tens of millions but it's still a solid business model IMO. Would do well to do more like that. It suits big clubs as they get their players developed at a good level and they don't pay a great deal to do it (not a lot of money to a rich club I mean)

1 hour ago, stevemac said:

TBF mate, as shit as it is, if the figures quoted are anywhere near accurate, you can't really complain loaning a player, activating his buy clause, then immediately selling him for a 5m profit. Obviously we would like to develop players and make tens of millions but it's still a solid business model IMO. Would do well to do more like that. It suits big clubs as they get their players developed at a good level and they don't pay a great deal to do it (not a lot of money to a rich club I mean)

Is our option not £6m and his buy back £9m? Would basically pay for his loan for the season and some change.

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We need to let go of the buy back option because he wouldn't be here without it.

I wonder if there is anyway around this .IE he signs on a permanent then signs an extension soon after on different terms .Or we pay a bit more than originally agreed .Or is the Bayern clause a permanent one .