Tillman

Essandoh

He is a young player with massive talent learning the game.

In the last few years we have brought in Aribo and Bassey in similar circumstances who have both massively improved in their time with us,.and we have sold for massive profit.

People expect him to come in and be a ready made replacement or improvement on Aribo, which is not how things work.

We will grow players and improve them. When they become good enough for EPL / big euro teams, we will sell them for profit. When we sell them, we will get worse by replacing them with a project like Tillman or Bassey from 2 years ago.

People seem to be under this illusion that we can sell players for £25m (Bassey) or £10m (Aribo) and replace them with better players for less money.

That's not how it works. We sign projects who will be mostly hit or miss to begin with, and then prove into good players. Just as they become good and our fanbase accepts them as decent players, we will sell them and replace with another prospect.

This is how you operate a selling club for the most part.

It just happens to be pretty much incompatible with the majority of our fanbase who think players like Bassey are utterly shite, and not good enough, right up until the month before we sell him for £25m.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

In the last few years we have brought in Aribo and Bassey in similar circumstances who have both massively improved in their time with us,.and we have sold for massive profit.

People expect him to come in and be a ready made replacement or improvement on Aribo, which is not how things work.

We will grow players and improve them. When they become good enough for EPL / big euro teams, we will sell them for profit. When we sell them, we will get worse by replacing them with a project like Tillman or Bassey from 2 years ago.

People seem to be under this illusion that we can sell players for £25m (Bassey) or £10m (Aribo) and replace them with better players for less money.

That's not how it works. We sign projects who will be mostly hit or miss to begin with, and then prove into good players. Just as they become good and our fanbase accepts them as decent players, we will sell them and replace with another prospect.

It just happens to be pretty much incompatible with the majority of our fanbase who think players like Bassey are utterly shite, and not good enough, right up until the month before we sell him for £25m.

I get all that mate but that doesn’t forgive a shite attitude or being downright lazy.

8 minutes ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

An enigma for us if ever I’ve seen one. Harsh reality is there’s a reason Bayern have loaned him to us. 

Because he isn't good enough for one of the very best elite clubs in Europe at this moment in time?

Could also say there is a reason that Bayern signed him, put him on the fringes of their first team and insisted on a buy back clause should we decide to buy him.

Struggling to see how he fits in the modern game tbh 

Lacks any sort of intensity on and off the ball. Seems technically decent but hasn't really shown any passing ability to play through the middle and is too slow to do anything out wide.

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Wee boy playing in big games. His lack of application is shocking in all honesty. Him and Kent essentially caused the penalty by lacking self-belief and Tillman jogging alongside Kent not offering any help whatsoever

I was bawling at Tillman at the TV when we went forward. Refused to burst a gut to provide an option. 

52 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I agree with your post but Tillman is slightly different in that if we choose to buy him then the fee is supposed to be around £6 million. We can't be expecting a player of that value to be a project player.

2 minutes ago, fuckthespl said:

I agree with your post but Tillman is slightly different in that if we choose to buy him then the fee is supposed to be around £6 million. We can't be expecting a player of that value to be a project player.

I've heard anywhere between £1.5m and £6m mentioned.

For £1.5m it's a no-brainer to be honest.

Issue isn't Tillman but our boring uninspiring manager.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I've heard anywhere between £1.5m and £6m mentioned.

For £1.5m it's a no-brainer to be honest.

Issue isn't Tillman but our boring uninspiring manager.

I like him as a player, but not away from home on the RW,Inside forward, being asked to track and tackle. 

Hung out to dry a bit with the Manager, same with Hagi with previous manager. 

For 1.5mil then maybe, but we have Lawrence, Hagi, Lowry who can all play the attacking mid/10 whatever.  Tillman has the size and height that gives him something different. 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Wee boy playing in big games. His lack of application is shocking in all honesty. Him and Kent essentially caused the penalty by lacking self-belief and Tillman jogging alongside Kent not offering any help whatsoever

Went off my nut at that

Not being funny but I’m fucking shite at football and I would’ve offered a better run off the ball there

That was unbelievably lazy

1 hour ago, molesmole said:

I like him as a player, but not away from home on the RW,Inside forward, being asked to track and tackle. 

Hung out to dry a bit with the Manager, same with Hagi with previous manager. 

For 1.5mil then maybe, but we have Lawrence, Hagi, Lowry who can all play the attacking mid/10 whatever.  Tillman has the size and height that gives him something different. 

I know. Imagine asking a player to track and tackle. 😂 ridiculous ask of a young lad   

hung out to dry my arse

8 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I wanted him to start this evening, but he was absolutely terrible. 

The boys confidence is shattered. He is clearly a talented player being asked to play out of position, which doesn't help matters.

Only our coaching staff could make a player worse coming from Bayern's academy, and a US-capped player heading to the WC. No doubt, he will be slated in the coming days.

Yes, he is to blame for that, but some of it lies with coaching decisions.

Is his confidence shattered or does he just not want to be at Rangers?

Its attitude pure and simple. Even if his confidence is down, that doesn’t explain his refusal to move faster than a leisurely jog. It’s pathetic.

He's been out the team for weeks then Gio brings him back in for this one, away from home against a high intensity team whose effort you need to match when it's clear as day he is *not* that type of footballer. He's a luxury player but Gio is hanging him out to dry with all this chopping + changing