Hot Headed Morelos

Blue Viking

If we have dropped Alfie for all the reasons being spoken of we should not be making it public. Just tell the papers he has a personal issue not slag our own player to the gutter press. 

If he is overweight, why is he on the bench/in the team at all? Why does the manager and back room team let him near the team? Why bring him on if he’s apparently overweight and unfit and has a bad attitude? Bringing on a player who allegedly has a bad attitude when Collum is smelling blood is stupid. I don’t think you should involve players in deciding whether to drop a player or not either, just the captain - creates bad feeling between team mates. Morelos goes through spells like this but more than makes up for it with goals and other contributions so why people are so eager to see one of our top players go is beyond me.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

It's not rumours it's obviously true and as for the last bit 😂 

Yilmaz is getting the chance to bed in, Davies is injured and Matondo is 21 years old 

How is it obviously all true?   Why does Yilmaz need to"bed in"?  What injury does Davies have?  Matondo will be 22 in a couple of weeks and is not a rookie player.

8 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I don’t think it needs a club statement. He’s not travelled that’s the managers decision.

He obviously misses the next 2 games after that anyway and up to Morelos himself to show an improvement to feature in the old firm if he’s still here

Why does he miss 2 games?  Thought it was 1 game for a red card?

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

But they certainly wouldn't be fitness problems. If he was drunk earlier in the week as claimed ITT, he should never have been involved on Saturday and should have been suspended on the spot by the club.

Maybe Gio thought his fitness is good enough against the jobbers of the SPFL for half an hour run outs to slowly get his fitness back up to scratch but not for the European game 

His attitude has then fucked that domestic plan for the time being by getting a stupid sending off 

2 minutes ago, SuperAli said:

If we have dropped Alfie for all the reasons being spoken of we should not be making it public. Just tell the papers he has a personal issue not slag our own player to the gutter press. 

If he is overweight, why is he on the bench/in the team at all? Why does the manager and back room team let him near the team? Why bring him on if he’s apparently overweight and unfit and has a bad attitude? Bringing on a player who allegedly has a bad attitude when Collum is smelling blood is stupid. I don’t think you should involve players in deciding whether to drop a player or not either, just the captain - creates bad feeling between team mates. Morelos goes through spells like this but more than makes up for it with goals and other contributions so why people are so eager to see one of our top players go is beyond me.

maybe just maybe, they've tried all they can and this was the last straw, if he was refusing to do things, downed tools etc. this was the only way. ive just heard Boyds interview and he is right. 

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

How is it obviously all true?   Why does Yilmaz need to"bed in"?  What injury does Davies have?  Matondo will be 22 in a couple of weeks and is not a rookie player.

Why would SKY and all fan media make up the exact same lie? It's obviously true. 

He's a young guy moving to a new country and Barisic is playing quite well, no need to rush him. Don't know what Davies injury is maybe they are waiting for it to be fully diagnosed?

Why the fuck we've gone public with this I dont know? 

Could have just say he's struggling with fitness or whatever (which is true).

On Alfie. Hugely disappointed in this attitude issue cropping up again. Saw on the match thread people saying he looked fine fitness/shape wise. Does he fuck, looks like he's carrying weight. No excuse for him looking like that.

He should have been chomping at the bit to get himself fit and firing for us. 

At least it's not been made public 24hrs before a massive game.

Whole things a joke.

1 minute ago, Number5 said:

On Alfie. Hugely disappointed in this attitude issue cropping up again. Saw on the match thread people saying he looked fine fitness/shape wise. Does he fuck, looks like he's carrying weight. No excuse for him looking like that.

Whole things a joke.

If we said he was struggling for fitness people would be slaughtering the manager for playing him on Saturday

4 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

We don't know if he's refusing to do things, downed tools etc. there was obviously a problem that Rangers tried to keep under wraps. now the manager and his team mates are just fucked off with him. 

if we've no more signings coming if we sell or not then were in trouble. 

I've no idea what Morelos' problem is but we have a backroom team with a sports psychologist and they should sit down with Morelos and his agent to try to sort things out.  

I can't deny I love Morelos as a player but he has had similar points in time exactly like this.  It seems to be part of his personality.  We either accept that fact and try to resolve it when it recurs or we sell him.  If van Bronkhorst isn't willing to put up with Morelos then he needs to make a long-term decision now.  Not taking him to PSV away could be a mistake as we have no other striker.

Couple of things Boyd was saying in that clip are quite telling. With him saying "it's come a week or so later than expected", i would guess that the lateness / nights out rumours maybe have a little more weight than first thought. 

If that is the case, then there is nobody to blame for the situation other than Alfie. The timing of the story coming out is poor, but perhaps the clubs hand has been forced on this. 

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

If we said he was struggling for fitness people would be slaughtering the manager for playing him on Saturday

Maybe. 

I'm more suggesting we should have painted a slightly different picture

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I've no idea what Morelos' problem is but we have a backroom team with a sports psychologist and they should sit down with Morelos and his agent to try to sort things out.  

I can't deny I love Morelos as a player but he has had similar points in time exactly like this.  It seems to be part of his personality.  We either accept that fact and try to resolve it when it recurs or we sell him.  If van Bronkhorst isn't willing to put up with Morelos then he needs to make a long-term decision now.  Not taking him to PSV away could be a mistake as we have no other striker.

We got to the EL final without him 

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Jim, you're asking GVB to make a long-term decision, is telling Morelos that he only has a future at the Club if he bucks up his idea not a long-term decision?

5 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Im sure they have tried everything and this is the last straw. 

8 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Whole things a joke.

Absolutely spot on.  Making this totally public is shambolic.  I hadn't seen the SSN video from the training ground until two minutes ago.  It clearly means that the Club went public on this.    How is that going to help the Club or the situation?  

5 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Couple of things Boyd was saying in that clip are quite telling. With him saying "it's come a week or so later than expected", i would guess that the lateness / nights out rumours maybe have a little more weight than first thought. 

If that is the case, then there is nobody to blame for the situation other than Alfie. The timing of the story coming out is poor, but perhaps the clubs hand has been forced on this. 

Boyd is in the know, he will get to hear the stuff thats hush hush. 

6 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

i would say the club has tried everything and this is the only way left for them. Manager and players turn against you, he's just causing problems. 

Rangers Review saying the club view Colak as a direct replacement for Morelos.

I like Colak and he brings certain things to the side, but if we are relying on him as our main striker we’d be as well chucking this season already. He’s so limited outwith finishing chances that we’ll struggle in certain games. 

I have no issues with the action taken against him, but he needs replaced. 

2 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Jim, you're asking GVB to make a long-term decision, is telling Morelos that he only has a future at the Club if he bucks up his idea not a long-term decision?

I doubt that Morelos can change.  We either accept that or sell him.  If he stays, I believe he will get back to the Alfie we love but not sure that going so public helps anything.  If he won't sign a new contract then we need to sell him although we have managed to lower his value ourselves.