Squad Depth

4 hours ago, demise said:

This. Some of our signings got up and running and some of them havent done that just yet. Too early to write the whole season off. We just qualified for the CL for the first time in 12 years after an away win in Eindhoven ffs. Yes, paedos are looking dangerous, but they WILL lose points. We just have to make sure that they start losing them on saturday. 

Always worth remembering they crashed out of 3 European trophies last season 

3 hours ago, steven33jackie said:

Sakala, Devine,McCann possibly King and Lowry will only get minutes on the pitch for the type of game we had midweek or towards the end of games when we are comfortably in the lead.  Others are not reliable due to injuries or getting back to fitness. I think if we don't get at least a central midfielder and a striker we could struggle if anymore injuries or loss of form emerge as the season progresses. 

I just wonder if the lack of movement comes from Gio being happy with what he's got or the targets being put forward not being good enough. 

Payers we brought in now would have to be ready to hit the ground running ... it's too easy to fill the squad with talented new players who would take a while to gel and we just don't have that time 

3 hours ago, leam_baw said:

People are over reacting. We have a far stronger squad than the dhims. We have the crux of a squad that got to a European final and we’ve spent big. Once injuries are sorted, we are very strong and will motor on to the league title. They’ve not improved their starting 11

They didn’t really have a lot of areas needing to improve plus they already beat us to the league last year, they’ve added a new first team CB and today another CDM who looks solid.

Atm we don’t look as strong as them imo, aye we have comparable players in some areas but overall especially with our injuries I’d say they have the advantage as of today.

6 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

They didn’t really have a lot of areas needing to improve plus they already beat us to the league last year, they’ve added a new first team CB and today another CDM who looks solid.

Atm we don’t look as strong as them imo, aye we have comparable players in some areas but overall especially with our injuries I’d say they have the advantage as of today.

Do you think they’d go to Eindhoven and win?

1 minute ago, Misteral said:

We've done our business this summer according to Sky. So let's see how the squads fare up on Saturday

Rangers transfer business concluded

As things stand, Sky Sports News understands Giovanni van Bronckhorst will not make further additions to his Rangers squad before the midnight transfer deadline.

Rangers have brought seven signings - Ben Davies, Ridvan Yilmaz, Rabbi Matondo, Antonio Colak, Tom Lawrence, John Souttar and Malik Tillman - to Ibrox during this summer window.

We badly need better cover for Tav. Someone experienced that can be depended on and who knows there’s no realistic chance of him being the number 1 right back, but can deputise in other areas and when Tav needs a rest.

I don’t want to write Devine off but he wasn’t the best I felt on Tuesday night. 

3 minutes ago, Misteral said:

We've done our business this summer according to Sky. So let's see how the squads fare up on Saturday

Genuinely sickened by this.

We get told for years that the CL is needed to bring the very best- as soon as we achieve it we do fuck all about it.

Souttar/Katic

Davies/Balogun

Yilmaz/Bassey

Tillman/Ramsey

Colak/Itten

Matondo/Diallo

Lawrence/Aribo

You could say some are improvements and some arent but what it shows is that the signings we made were necessities to bolster the squad.

After qualifying  for the champions league it looks really disappointing we’ve not managed to add just that bit more.

Hopefully the injuries clear up and the squad is enough but I’m not sure.

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Spot on , we have a huge squad but its not a good enough squad for the next 4 months.

That’s it exactly. Big squad but too many out injured at the moment and the quality in depth is not there.

CL games coming thick and fast and away at celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts. 

Fully expect to drop more points over the next few weeks and by the time this horrendous injury list starts to clear up we could be too far behind.

They are blowing teams away and still adding to their squad. We are paper thin and rumours of Kamara going too 

5 hours ago, demise said:

This. Some of our signings got up and running and some of them havent done that just yet. Too early to write the whole season off. We just qualified for the CL for the first time in 12 years after an away win in Eindhoven ffs. Yes, paedos are looking dangerous, but they WILL lose points. We just have to make sure that they start losing them on saturday. 

The taigs will get humped in Europe but the only points I can see them dropping in the league is against us. We can't afford to lose against them on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Swagger said:

That’s it exactly. Big squad but too many out injured at the moment and the quality in depth is not there.

CL games coming thick and fast and away at celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts. 

Fully expect to drop more points over the next few weeks and by the time this horrendous injury list starts to clear up we could be too far behind.

They are blowing teams away and still adding to their squad. We are paper thin and rumours of Kamara going too 

This is my biggest concern in all of this and if it does come to this the last thing I want to hear from this board is we had a run of bad luck because of injuries being trotted out as an excuse.

1 minute ago, Canabear said:

This is my biggest concern in all of this and if it does come to this the last thing I want to hear from this board is we had a run of bad luck because of injuries being trotted out as an excuse.

Looks certain now that nobody is coming in.

Soutter,Davies,Roofe and Helander have disappeared off the face of the earth and Hagi won’t be seen this year

We are a Goldson injury or suspension away from having King and Sands as our only central defensive options 

Ryan Jack looks like he’s played 50 odd games already this season.

Lowry and Lawrence - you just know if it’s knee issues weeks will turn into months.

Morelos can’t be fucked and can’t be trusted leaving Colak as our only striking option and Wright, Sakala and Matonda are gash.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kamara leave today either.

The club are again sleepwalking into handing celtic another cheap title while the fans pile money in.  That prick Ange must be rubbing his hands 

35 minutes ago, Bydo said:

We badly need better cover for Tav. Someone experienced that can be depended on and who knows there’s no realistic chance of him being the number 1 right back, but can deputise in other areas and when Tav needs a rest.

I don’t want to write Devine off but he wasn’t the best I felt on Tuesday night. 

It was one game but against that level of opposition he really didn’t have a great game. 
He was being touted as the next Patterson but he looked nowhere near that standard