Sack the board

GOAT

28 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

this same team have went to places in europe and scored 4 goals on many occasions but Gio has taken that away from us. that wasnt even counter attacking today it was a negative damage limitation style.  

It was a shambolic performance.  No argument from me on that front.

Writing was on the wall when they announced no more signings on deadline day 

too many on this forum were more bothered about settling personal scores and squabbles with other posters for their opinions and thoughts 

you want to know who the cunts are . They took our money yesterday for the champions league group games and spent fuck all on improving this squad 

Long post here but i am genuinely interested. When people say we are a mess at board level or the club is a mess is there specific examples people are able to mention. I am not doubting people but I would just like to know how bad it is. As naively as it sounds until this summer I was comfortable with the board. Not happy just comfortable. 

The lack of investment last summer definitely concerned me but the lack of investment this summer has really angered me. However, though it never made me think we are a mess at board level. I felt last summer the board bent over backwards to keep gerrard happy and when he never made CL I personally agreed with the board that we shouldn't be spending more money on Nisbet as i felt the squad was good enough. 

Things like the blue sky lounge costing 3m does seem high but it's reported that season tickets for it will cost 6k plus so I'm pretty sure we will make that back relatively quickly so I can understand the logic. Ed house I could also understand and was happy they were building as ibrox and surrounding needs improved. If they started building that before the funding was approved from the sale of the car park then that is certainly a fuck up but I do have sympathy of the price rise in materials as that could not have been forseen. I feel the board have tried their best to improve ibrox.

The most worrying thing for me is we have not kept investing in the team but is it purely down to the fact we can't afford to. If so then like most of the above I can't see how that can be classed as being a mess. As heartbreaking as it sounds maybe it is just our reality. 

Another of people have complained about the state of Ibrox, the problems getting fixed aren't the major ones. Success on the park would have allowed interest future the opportunity to build Edmiston House in the future for example. If we won the title last year half of the complaints wouldn't be brought up. But negligence on and off the park is a catalyst for it. The standards are slipping big time, in the board room, inthe dressing room. We give everything to Rangers, even things we can't afford, and get the absolute minimum return. And until that changes, this is where we will be. Regardless of how many sponsors are on on the kits

15 minutes ago, cameron1873 said:

Long post here but i am genuinely interested. When people say we are a mess at board level or the club is a mess is there specific examples people are able to mention. I am not doubting people but I would just like to know how bad it is. As naively as it sounds until this summer I was comfortable with the board. Not happy just comfortable. 

The lack of investment last summer definitely concerned me but the lack of investment this summer has really angered me. However, though it never made me think we are a mess at board level. I felt last summer the board bent over backwards to keep gerrard happy and when he never made CL I personally agreed with the board that we shouldn't be spending more money on Nisbet as i felt the squad was good enough. 

Things like the blue sky lounge costing 3m does seem high but it's reported that season tickets for it will cost 6k plus so I'm pretty sure we will make that back relatively quickly so I can understand the logic. Ed house I could also understand and was happy they were building as ibrox and surrounding needs improved. If they started building that before the funding was approved from the sale of the car park then that is certainly a fuck up but I do have sympathy of the price rise in materials as that could not have been forseen. I feel the board have tried their best to improve ibrox.

The most worrying thing for me is we have not kept investing in the team but is it purely down to the fact we can't afford to. If so then like most of the above I can't see how that can be classed as being a mess. As heartbreaking as it sounds maybe it is just our reality. 

Started with Gerrard after the title winning season, clearly he was pissed he wasn't backed financially and at that point he got blamed (rightfully so) for not beating Malmo, so agree with you, fair enough in my eyes.

Then move on to Robertson's comments at the end of last year about how even without player sales, we were apparently close to turning a profit. You can't say that then in the subsequent 2 windows sell 3 players for about 45 million in transfer fees whilst bringing in loans that likely cost us the league & only spending 12 million this window...it just won't fly. If we can't spend more than that then questions need asked why?

Add to that...

Australian friendly fiasco

The state of Ibrox

The Sportemon Go stuff

The ridiculously priced Champions League tickets

The non beamback at Ibrox

The constant in-house fighting with Dave King

And the complete distain they have for the fans both in Seville & just in general, we're a cash cow for them, nothing more.

It's a fucking wonder it's took this long for questions to be asked.

29 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Started with Gerrard after the title winning season, clearly he was pissed he wasn't backed financially and at that point he got blamed (rightfully so) for not beating Malmo, so agree with you, fair enough in my eyes.

Then move on to Robertson's comments at the end of last year about how even without player sales, we were apparently close to turning a profit. You can't say that then in the subsequent 2 windows sell 3 players for about 45 million in transfer fees whilst bringing in loans that likely cost us the league & only spending 12 million this window...it just won't fly. If we can't spend more than that then questions need asked why?

Add to that...

Australian friendly fiasco

The state of Ibrox

The Sportemon Go stuff

The ridiculously priced Champions League tickets

The non beamback at Ibrox

The constant in-house fighting with Dave King

And the complete distain they have for the fans both in Seville & just in general, we're a cash cow for them, nothing more.

It's a fucking wonder it's took this long for questions to be asked.

I totally agree with you about Robertson comments. I am wondering where that money is as it is not reflected in transfers coming in. Potentially its paying back investors, which is frustrating but I don't think there is much we can do. Or maybe they don't believe in gio or more worrying even with all that its all we can afford to spend. Rangers are routinely a loss making business due to constraints between and income and ambition. 

I don't agree with the Australian friendly but I can understand why the board wanted to do it. 

The state of ibrox is a funny one as I have sympathy with the board. The cost of refurbishing the toilets, disabled facilities, safe standing and general improvements would be massive but importantly bring nothing in return. Thats why we see them do ed house and sky lounge as it brings a return. 

My concern is I believe that the board want the best for Rangers. They have invested which seems to have stopped and the reality is as a club we can't generate enough income ourself so they seem to be doing everything to improve that income. 

I'm worried with all that, last years run in Europe, CL football, all the transfers we still can't afford to push on. 

1 minute ago, cameron1873 said:

I totally agree with you about Robertson comments. I am wondering where that money is as it is not reflected in transfers coming in. Potentially its paying back investors, which is frustrating I don't think there is much we can. Or maybe they don't believe in gio or more worrying even with all that we can afford to spend that money. Rangers are routinely a loss making business due to constraints between and income and ambition. 

I don't agree with the Australian friendly but I can understand why the board wanted to do it. 

The state of ibrox is a funny one as I have sympathy with the board. The cost of refurbishing the toilets, disabled facilities, safe standing and general improvements would be massive but importantly bring nothing in return. Thats why we see them do ed house and sky lounge as it brings a return. 

My concern is I believe that the board want the best for Rangers. They have invested which seems to have stopped and the reality is as a club we can't generate enough income ourself so they seem to be doing everything to improve that income. 

I'm worried with all that, last years run in Europe, CL football, all the transfers we still can't afford to push on. 

The key is whether we can't afford to push on or as you said, it's a case of they don't trust Gio with more of the funds

The long and short of it is this board are happy enough with us qualifying for Europe each season (Champions League is a further boost but Europa would do) & getting 2nd in the league gets you that. 

Add the odd cup in there to keep the fans on side & make sure you have a nicey nice manager in place who can be a front for it all

24 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

The key is whether we can't afford to push on or as you said, it's a case of they don't trust Gio with more of the funds

The long and short of it is this board are happy enough with us qualifying for Europe each season (Champions League is a further boost but Europa would do) & getting 2nd in the league gets you that. 

Add the odd cup in there to keep the fans on side & make sure you have a nicey nice manager in place who can be a front for it all

Completey agree there does seem to be an acceptance to finishing 2nd. Which is completely unacceptable. Whether that's down to lack of finance or ambition I don't know. 

But there is an acceptance which should never be tolerated. 

I wouldn't say that would class us as been a mess at board room level but i would probably prefer that than to accept 2nd. The board would argue that's the attitude that got us in this mess in the 1st place

20 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Who is bringing these players in is it Gio or Wilson tell something my money is on Wilson under him for every decent player there has been 3/4 dreadful ones.

1 hour ago, cameron1873 said:

Is this not more to do with the uefa FFP rules?? I'm sure I read here earlier in the week that we would already have broken those rules if it wasn't for COVID a year or so ago.

Surely the board are doing things properly to avoid any sanctions until we can move on a lot of the dead wood we have picking up a wage while contributing the square root of fuck all.

I would loved to have seen more money spent in this window, but not to the extent that the club are fined or even worse expelled from euro competitions over this

13 hours ago, The Dude said:

'jealous you don't get access' - nope, I can just see the clusterfuck the club is becoming

What's your take on who has responsibility within the transfer strategy?

Does Gio identify players and Wilson goes and gets them. Or does Wilson see players he thinks are needed and bring them in? Does Gio say X area needs strengthened and Wilson provides a list of options? Does Gio have say, even final say, in who we bring in?

Any ideas on how it works and who makes decisions?

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What's your take on who has responsibility within the transfer strategy?

Does Gio identify players and Wilson goes and gets them. Or does Wilson see players he thinks are needed and bring them in? Does Gio say X area needs strengthened and Wilson provides a list of options? Does Gio have say, even final say, in who we bring in?

Any ideas on how it works and who makes decisions?

It's a mix of all of the above and depends on the circumstances - there's no one set way and each one is different. Wilson might present some targets for areas that he feels need improved, manager does the same. Sometimes it'll be based on players being offered and recommended from outside, others it'll be guys the club have identified (at one level or another) before pursuing them.

I know it probably reads like a bit of a cop-out but every signing can be very different. Colak is (probably) one we've been watching/keeping tabs on since coming up against him last year while I wouldn't be surprised if Sands' signing was more down to GvB's previous links to the City Football Group.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's a mix of all of the above and depends on the circumstances - there's no one set way and each one is different. Wilson might present some targets for areas that he feels need improved, manager does the same. Sometimes it'll be based on players being offered and recommended from outside, others it'll be guys the club have identified (at one level or another) before pursuing them.

I know it probably reads like a bit of a cop-out but every signing can be very different. Colak is (probably) one we've been watching/keeping tabs on since coming up against him last year while I wouldn't be surprised if Sands' signing was more down to GvB's previous links to the City Football Group.

Cop out imo.

16 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Think it’s been painfully obvious all this board have been interested in is Money from Europe looks as though nothing else means anything to them apparently. Just as well we pulled 55 out of the hat.

I had problems yesterday watching the game because RTV would not work with the WiFi in the hotel we are in, worked everytime last year, probably the first time I have been happy not to see a game. Losing to these cunts is always bad but reading the posts on here it seems to have been lack of basics and desire. I just do not get that with the number of players we have who know what these games mean to us fans.

The board are being very stupid if they think being 2nd to them every season in the league is acceptable even with CL qualification.

I have never thought Robertson was good enough and those above him are now showing they don't really care either. Nothing will happen unless we as fans take the board to task, unfortunately we are not great at sticking together to do that.

Sorry for this long post mate but I am really pissed off with that shit show yesterday. If we drop any points over the next few games I can see things turning very quickly though. We cannot continue this fuck ups in the league or it will be over before the World Cup. :sad: