Sack the board

GOAT

21 hours ago, tm91 said:

I honestly suspect the board are comfortable finishing 2nd with the occasional title so long as the Euro money keeps rolling in.

Their decisions don't suggest much in the way of ambition. I don't understand the transfer strategy at all. The whole point of 'buy low, sell high' is that you buy cheap, sell high, then reinvest the profits in better players, get the success you need to show them off, and then sell them off for even bigger profits. There's no discernible strategy about the first team players we buy and the board are far too risk-averse. There's sound financial management, and then there's settling. The board seem happy to settle and hope for the best.

Which is the exact situation which left that midden 25 points behind us. They stopped buying for the title, and started buying to sell. It never works.

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Like him or hate him, everything appears stagnant since Dave King left. 

Communication is non-existent and the club are less spendthrift.

Not sure that’s correct tbh. We have spent a shit load of money on dross since King left. Not sure I’d be blaming the board for that. 

Getting rid of the board will not improve us on the park ffs. It only leads to market uncertainty and investor hesitation. 

We have little power over who gets the bullet. In fact the only power we have is over the manager’s future.  

6 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

If true, it would ironically be the one time the board sell while stock is high 🤣

I'd take it tbh the full club has gone stale since 55. Although I do think it's many putting 2+2 together and making 5.  Just because there is alot of noise around Dave King and also this failed American bid. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There's been chat Park is ready to sell up but that would only give someone around 12% of the club.

Stuff in the press about some American trying to get to 25% shareholding. And we've apparently taken legal action as they used our emblem or something.

Same potential buyers?

1 minute ago, LochendBilly said:

Has King sold his shares to 72 yet? If not, could he sell to this American bird? His and Park's would be about the 25% she is after

Not yet but afaik he's contractually tied into a deal with them so would be some hoops to jump through for him to sell to someone else before then.

From what I've seen this american seems to be a grifter using our name to make a few quid rather than any legit interest in buying shares.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Stuff in the press about some American trying to get to 25% shareholding. And we've apparently taken legal action as they used our emblem or something.

Same potential buyers?

Don't think so. The American appears to be dodgy and I'd question the legitimacy of it until there's cash on the table.

14 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It's not necessarily the strategy that's wrong - you're always going to need to bring in a few players in or around their peak who you might not get the same fee back for, but for whatever reason I suspect we're regularly starting out with a list and ending up with the 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice on it.

Staggered if the likes of Davies and Matondo were the number 1 targets for centre back and right wing respectively.

If we'd have brought in Olsen, Simons and possibly Veerman (I didn't think he was that good against us) we'd be in much better shape.

Whats with the fascination with veerman and Simmons? We just papped both them into the europa league while we play in the CL

People genuinely think that when king left is when the rot set in, can we all fucking remember that king was calling the shots that led us to be bitch slapped at times by sports direct to the point the latest rumour is that we owe them a decent 7 figure settlement

21 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Whats with the fascination with veerman and Simmons? We just papped both them into the europa league while we play in the CL

Simmons looked a player when he came on to be fair, but we should defo invest in our midfield, stale for too long now.