Goldson

MacBoyd

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

He’s garbage. He’s had 1 good game, and that was away at PSV. Some folk just hate Goldson, so he’s the target, but objectively Sands is far worse.

Needs to get Davies in and up to speed now. 

Yip. And that's with Goldson being at best a 5/10 this season.

2 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

He is a senior member of our back 4, he has an inexperienced CB next to him. He needs to play like a leader, not leave everyone facing 3 opponents as he sideways passes. He needs to talk Sands through games,part of his role. He needs to jump up instead of down. He needs to block shots instead of ducking. He needs to stop blaming everyone else.

I could go on but I have bored myself and everyone else too

It has reached the stage where he needs dropped along with Tavernier. If Davies is fit I would play King with him and introduce Devine at right back.

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

He’s garbage. He’s had 1 good game, and that was away at PSV. Some folk just hate Goldson, so he’s the target, but objectively Sands is far worse.

Needs to get Davies in and up to speed now. 

You'd hope so. He's not a centre half. Just as he's a worse striker than Colak.

5 minutes ago, beararse said:

You'd hope so. He's not a centre half. Just as he's a worse striker than Colak.

And yet he doesn't state he's a CM or that he's not a CH. 

He has stated he prefers not specify his preferred position so as to increase pitch time, and he's happy to let managers decide.

He played both fairly equally in the States.

Don't think he's tried out at CF to compare against Colak. 

18 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

What is he? Causes he’s shite in midfield as well. 

He wasn’t brought in as a centre half that’s for sure . He’s a defensive midfielder,

He’ll be our 4th or 5th choice CB once Souttar and Davies return to full fitness.

He’s been utter dug shite the last 3 games (QoS, celtic & Ajax) but to be fair to the lad, he had some very good games to help get us reach the CL group. Stage (bar the occasional heart stopping pass).

6 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

It was ‘19’ that fucked it. Snoozing. Much easier to go far Tav and Goldson though.

I’ll happily lump Sands in with the other two there. At least Lundstrum is putting in the effort. If I’m having a go at Tav and Goldson’s defensive frailties it’s not like it’s unwarranted -  or do you think otherwise? Sick to my back teeth of seeing this scoobied defending play out time and time and time again. Enough is fucking enough!

15 hours ago, The Beast said:

Maybe we should all come to terms with the fact that he's not a top centre half who's going through a bad patch but instead he's an average-at-best journeyman center half who had a good patch a couple of seasons ago.

I agree. Even in the 55 season Goldson still had a few shaky moments but balogun and mcgregor bailed him out. His aeriel ability for 6’4” CB isn’t that great and he gets caught on his heels a lot. 

• 6 months later...
19 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Some folk hate him.

But every time he's out we're the worse for it.

Hurry back big man

Aye coz all we have is clean sheets when he plays

our defence is shite no matter who plays in it. 

43 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Some folk hate him.

But every time he's out we're the worse for it.

Hurry back big man

He’s been good since he came back from his injury, but him playing today wouldn’t have made any difference. Our defence is shite even when he plays. Our biggest problem is having no cutting edge middle to front. Tillman is our only goal threat and he’s still not up to speed with these games yet. He’ll get there though. 

11 minutes ago, SPWF said:

He’s been good since he came back from his injury, but him playing today wouldn’t have made any difference. Our defence is shite even when he plays. Our biggest problem is having no cutting edge middle to front. Tillman is our only goal threat and he’s still not up to speed with these games yet. He’ll get there though. 

Well for starters we don’t concede that third goal so that’s a big difference

Goldson has been part of a defence the conceded 7 goals in that midden, no idea why people think that would have been better with him in the side today.

Beale needs to sort that defence out first and foremost over the summer.